What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Casey Jones Grow Along

L

LouDog420

Ya a 70 day was hit or miss depending on the weather. Some years great, other years disaster. And casey's floppy stems didn't help either, hence sour bubble's fat little ass ;)

Here's what I would consider a hybrid OE pheno... Not the full on sativa like the 2 most memorable OE phenos I found, but definitely hanging in that direction. Ran her multiple times, and it was a very hard decision between her and my colored cut... Blew out my cut now in terms of yield by an arm and a leg...
picture.php

And a cola shot of the nicest OE pheno I found. Beautiful huge buds, with skinny, long fingers. This one was nanner free and lasted a few runs as well, before getting eeked out by my colored cut...
picture.php

I wish I could keep them all!!!

Cheers bro, bringing back good casey memories :D

GrownOut

HDGC
Veteran
I will get some pics tomorrow when I get home before the HPS kicks on. No buds yet but we got some preflower action going on. She had to make her way through the canopy, the CSD and DubbTech7 are hogging up all the space. The CJ/SB, Plat Bubba, and SoCal Master are all fighting to get up to the light. lol

Thinking of trying to hang the other 600w bulb, I may get a dual arc bulb so hopefully it will run cool than a full HPS bulb. Have you run stacked before? I can recall with my stoner memory.lol

L

LouDog420

Thanks buddah :D

Sounds good GO. Ya I ran stacked the last round and improved my canopy size tremendously. I've done single bulbs, side by side vert, and stacked... Winner is definitely number 3 unless you're doing little SOG plants like Anti...

Fire it up if temps ain't an issue. Give that stretchin' cj/sb and your kushes a fightin' chance ;)

GrownOut

HDGC
Veteran
Any tips on hanging the second bulb? Thinking of using wire hangers I can cut and bend to the length I need and using the upper bulbs hanger to hook on to. That sound right. Never ran a stacked vert I have always run horizontally.

I need to definitely get some light down in the canopy. I am going to have to drop a plan or cramp one I just added in the corner until I harvest one of the couple plants that are getting towards the end. The CJ/SB has a good bit of room to stretch out a bit and she has. I was very happy to see so many tops and the preflowers.

L

LouDog420

I used 90deg brackets and one of those metal collars. Ran some very thin steel wire from floor to ceiling in my pod and just looped the wire where I needed the light hung. Easy to do, hard to adjust.

Fellow by the name of labtec used some eye bolts and a few fasteners to secure his and move it up and down on the steel wire. I think bobblehead uses the same concept in his pod. Check out labtec's 1800w chambers or bobble's thread over in the vert forum. I know they have some good pictures of how they stack 'em.

If you want to stack the second bulb, tip up, check out hundredgramoz and his post on the tripod light mount... Also in the vert forum...

Maybe I will find links ;)

Bobbleheads link system...
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?p=4632380#post4632380

labtecs eye bolts
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?p=4617936#post4617936

HGO's lamp holder
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=239578

lou dog, master IC navigator... :D Helpful posts may commence

Last edited:
L

LouDog420

Sexing casey jones f2s...

4 females

1 male

1 herm

2 unknown

So here's the deal with the herm. I saw one of my phenos from the F1 pack do the same and she grew out of it. Balls on the lower nodes right at the stem, all upper portions are female.

I will keep a close eye, but (s)he will not be included in the f3/bx projects. More of an experiment to see if she is the same as my f1 herm with only male parts on the lowers, or a full out he/she...

Cheers all

GrownOut

HDGC
Veteran
Thanks big time for all of that info brotha!!! Exactly what I was looking for. Looks like this weekend I am bumping my room to 1200watts :D

GrownOut

HDGC
Veteran
Well she is stretching to get good light coverage. So far so good. I will try and get some shots of her when I get home so you can see how she is doing.

šunka-maslo

Duv' conoisseur^^
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hi Lou' :)

Very nice pics mate, this OE pheno look very potent and tasty!!

Nice for the sexing so far, and still 2 unknow that' s good:)

All the best for your projects poto:tiphat:

Vibes!!

Buddah Watcha

Veteran
Whats up guys...

Checked the girls and got a bad news, my favorite CB x SB was a dude.. had to kill it, sad moment of the day.... This plant was such a beast and was growing perfectly bushy...
picture.php

picture.php

RIP!
The other CB x SB is doing great, LST's most of it down and topped the top 4 branches, in which i kinda regret, since they are prolly just switching to flower... hope she ends ok!

picture.php

picture.php

So I hope i didn't screw myself with the topping :p but I wanted to avoid mold

Top dressed some guanos too and added more dirt to some holes....

And here is the SB pheno on the right... shitty pictures my bad ill try better next time lol
picture.php

They should go full flower soon... Let the show start

L

LouDog420

always a pleasure to have ya stop in sunka! You sure do grow that casey proper ;) Good vibes to you!

GO, glad to see the elusive lady popping up! Can't wait to see her fill out that stretch :D Looks quite casey like

And buddah, too bad about the studly male! At least there are still a few more nice ladies out there growing for ya. I bet they will do just fine with the topping. Get ready for that stretch ;)

Been away for a few, so getting caught up and all that jazz. Good vibes people!

L

LouDog420

Quick sharing of the stud... Only ended up with one worthy IMO... So it will be several females and a few cuts x to this casey jones f2 male.

Lovely structure IMO for a 23w cfl. Stacking very tight clusters with a bit fatter leaves than my colored cut. Same leaf curl though and the stem rub definitely gives some promise of funk. Slight coloring on the leaf petioles and a semi floppy, hollow stem. Honestly a striking match to my colored cut, and it has me quite excited ;)

Pics....
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

Buddah Watcha

Veteran
My pleasure bro, wouldnt be able to do those without you :tiphat:
A few hours after I killed that male, i wish I saved some polen and did some crosses, but too late... may his soul rest in peace :ying:

Looking forward to next years run, hopefully I'm able to run some of those stud males kids :woohoo:

Next year if things go down, they will be done properly and expect #'s plants out early and long vegetated :dance013:

Looking forward to this cross you got in your mind!

Best of luck browsky! Peace!

L

LouDog420

Word buddah! Always fun to plan for the next year when things are in mother nature's hands for this one!

First little update on the outdoor girls. Had the last visit to cull males/train until harvest... Ended up with 10 or 11 girls (honestly forgot /stoned/ ) and had two more males to pull while I was out there.

Fantastic looking crop this year, as these past two years breeding in the same plot, with the same style, under the same sun has really paid off IMO...

Most are pushing 6', with one runt just under 5'... The tallest is moving on 6.5' with no signs of slowing down... Wanna catch some pics?? Sure ya do ... But it was raining, and I had to take my shitty camera with me... So hence the dank grainy shots... That's some greatly appreciated rain falling ...

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

Last edited:
L

LouDog420

And a quick one on the cj seed project... Sitting at 24 days and still waiting to pollinated... Gimme those pistils! ;)

Ended up only finding one herm that had the male sacks only on the lower side of the nodes... The tallest stretchiest female, of course... Gotta be that thai :D... She's been chopped and the other questionable one is simply growing new nodes below branches, where preflowers should be... So I can only assuming a little extra vigorous. I saw this in my white jones from CSG as well and they turned out great...

So for the casey project we have...

6 casey jones f2 females
2 casey jones f1 clones
1 white jones s1 clone
1 casey jones f2 male to have his way with them all...

They're under cfls, so I'm not expecting seeds in numbers like my cj/sb, but I hope to get enough off to the bay to satisfy most of the curious ones... H3ad lovers...

picture.php

Big thanks to mr and mrs grateful, hopefully you are well wherever you are! Bring back the real casey, so my bastardized, incrossed version isn't necessary ;)

Good vibes all

L

LouDog420

So a bit of stress testing these last few days before we pollinate... Bad news unfortunately...

One stress a day as follows....

Stressed with a 8 hr shift in the 12/12 schedule (prolonged dark)
Interrupted the dark period for 10 minutes with all the lights
^^ Same for 5 minutes with ambient light
Left tent flap open for several hours during the dark period

Found 3/6 females producing viable male flowers... Some with just a few, and others more profusely... All tossed.

1/6 females are questionable... Slow starter in a beer cup that hasn't shown any yet, but isn't very vigorous...

2/6 females are still trucking along with no signs of intersex traits... Strong growers, lots of pistils so far, rearing for that man juice...

Still have my cut and the white jones ready to go as well so all is not lost...

All 6 females were good before all the stress testing, so who's to say if they would make it the full duration in a properly tuned garden... Nonetheless something to note...

Good vibes all

GrownOut

HDGC
Veteran
Looking most excellent looking Lou!!! My CJ X SB female in flower is fucking beasting. I am feeding her every day shit is crazy. Prolly should have put her in a 5gal but oh well. She is packing it on every day. I will get some fresh shots this weekend up.

L

LouDog420

Sounds great GO! My outdoors cj/sb are definitely beasting too!! Seems like the inclusion of the sour bubble genes hasn't slowed down these bitches much at all... Just sturdied up some stems for me...

I'll be happy come fall if I'm sitting on a fat elbow of this hybrid, and I've love to have that strange lime taste come through from the sour bubble ;) Seems very casey dom so far