Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Talk About It! > Cannabis Laws & Cannabis Legislation > Why has legalization created people who hate the old school cannabis culture?

Thread Title Search
View Poll Results: Are you offended by people bad mouthing the old school cannabis culture?
Yes, I am deeply offended! 47 43.52%
Yes, I am offended. 37 34.26%
No, I am not offended at all. 23 21.30%
Old school cannabis freedom fighters were just scummy drug dealers, so screw them. 1 0.93%
Voters: 108. You may not vote on this poll

Why has legalization created people who hate the old school cannabis culture? Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-18-2018, 12:37 AM #1
shaggyballs

shaggyballs has much to be proud ofshaggyballs has much to be proud ofshaggyballs has much to be proud ofshaggyballs has much to be proud ofshaggyballs has much to be proud ofshaggyballs has much to be proud ofshaggyballs has much to be proud ofshaggyballs has much to be proud ofshaggyballs has much to be proud ofshaggyballs has much to be proud ofshaggyballs has much to be proud of
Why has legalization created people who hate the old school cannabis culture?

People like this!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Easy7 View Post
They are never going to legalize crime family's operations. That was never the intent of any movement to legalize. The legal intent was protection for a average toking jill and joe. Not protection for hippy mafia or rainbow family.

It takes a long time compared to an induviduals life span, to change culture. Not everyone is going to drop acid and drop out of the social brainwashing. These are rules and regs people, because it gives them power. If you want power, gotta play by the rules. Nothing of amy subject is 100% legal. There are laws governing everything. There books and books of laws regarding growing apples. So why would cannabis be simply legal, flat out across the board?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calgrow View Post
Find the next illegal substance to smuggle around and sell. Mushrooms, LSD, meth, ??? or possibly move to the most backwards state like Mississippi or Idaho that will be the last to legalize weed.You will find lots of "ignorant assholes" there to accommodate.

I can tell by your attitude towards any clientele, competition and self marketing you will not make it in a regular legal open market.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calgrow View Post
Find the next illegal substance to smuggle around and sell. Mushrooms, LSD, meth, ??? or possibly move to the most backwards state like Mississippi or Idaho that will be the last to legalize weed.You will find lots of "ignorant assholes" there to accommodate.

I can tell by your attitude towards any clientele, competition and self marketing you will not make it in a regular legal open market.

It is hard to believe we live in a age where the old school cannabis culture is hated even on a cannabis culture website.

Much like we owe our freedom to the vets. that fought in past wars.
It is my belief we owe most of the headway we have made in the cannabis culture to those who have been jailed in the name of keeping the cannabis culture alive.

Is this something that offends you personally?
I know it does me.
Ins and outs of Pythium
OVERGROW FAQ

SEEDPAC Politically Active Cannabis

Fighting for Michigan's Medical Marihuana
Patients and Caregivers rights

I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do. I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do.
shaggyballs is offline Quote

12 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-18-2018, 01:39 AM #2
Weird
3rd eye jedi

Weird is a survivorWeird is a survivorWeird is a survivorWeird is a survivorWeird is a survivorWeird is a survivorWeird is a survivorWeird is a survivorWeird is a survivorWeird is a survivorWeird is a survivor
sheep feel morally obligated to government not humanity and don't understand it was the later that motivated the cannabis freedom fighters to break the law and push for legal weed

all they know is the marginalization of their own reliance for someone else to make sure arms length transactions are held to a benchmark of integrity, which if measured by corporate integrity today, goes against the grain of humanity

nothing ventured nothing gained

if you didn't have the passion to fight for it before who gives a fuck who you are now

WWDLBD

WW1.618D

Quote:
The shape it takes could be yours to choose

What you may win, what you may lose
Sativa is manna from heaven - BLueGrassToker

Ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cured - Ureapwhatusow

nobody every told me i found out for myself, you've got to believe in foolish miracles - o. osborne

Although the masters make the rules
For the wise men and the fools
I got nothing, Ma, to live up to - b. Dylan
Weird is offline Quote

24 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-18-2018, 04:04 AM #3
Dropped Cat
Six Gummi Bears and Some Scotch

Dropped Cat has a reputation beyond reputeDropped Cat has a reputation beyond reputeDropped Cat has a reputation beyond reputeDropped Cat has a reputation beyond reputeDropped Cat has a reputation beyond reputeDropped Cat has a reputation beyond reputeDropped Cat has a reputation beyond reputeDropped Cat has a reputation beyond reputeDropped Cat has a reputation beyond reputeDropped Cat has a reputation beyond reputeDropped Cat has a reputation beyond repute
The folks who hate the old school culture don't matter.

The squeaky wheel gets oiled, but if it still makes noise it gets replaced.

They can suk my left nut.

12 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-18-2018, 04:07 AM #4
theJointedOne

theJointedOne has a reputation beyond reputetheJointedOne has a reputation beyond reputetheJointedOne has a reputation beyond reputetheJointedOne has a reputation beyond reputetheJointedOne has a reputation beyond reputetheJointedOne has a reputation beyond reputetheJointedOne has a reputation beyond reputetheJointedOne has a reputation beyond reputetheJointedOne has a reputation beyond reputetheJointedOne has a reputation beyond reputetheJointedOne has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weird View Post
sheep feel morally obligated to government not humanity and don't understand it was the later that motivated the cannabis freedom fighters to break the law and push for legal weed

all they know is the marginalization of their own reliance for someone else to make sure arms length transactions are held to a benchmark of integrity, which if measured by corporate integrity today, goes against the grain of humanity

if you didn't have the passion to fight for it before who gives a fuck who you are now
this ^

theJointedOne is offline Quote

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-18-2018, 04:15 AM #5
theJointedOne

theJointedOne has a reputation beyond reputetheJointedOne has a reputation beyond reputetheJointedOne has a reputation beyond reputetheJointedOne has a reputation beyond reputetheJointedOne has a reputation beyond reputetheJointedOne has a reputation beyond reputetheJointedOne has a reputation beyond reputetheJointedOne has a reputation beyond reputetheJointedOne has a reputation beyond reputetheJointedOne has a reputation beyond reputetheJointedOne has a reputation beyond repute
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yB743I2sGDI

theJointedOne is offline Quote

Old 07-18-2018, 08:28 AM #6
armedoldhippy

armedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivor
Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smug_Pepe View Post
The two schools have always existed side by side, there's no reason why it can't still but the sweeping wave will probably destroy quite a few in it's path. But in the end there should be space for both to exist simultaneously.
change ALWAYS destroys some older set-ups, like cars versus buggy-whip makers. their rice bowl got broken. but there will always be room for the individuals willing to do the work to stay relevant. lots of us will always prefer that grown by individuals versus baled shit from Wallys Weed World...probably not going to get to retire on that income though. enough bulk will get turned into concentrates to hurt middle shelf sales/prices.

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-18-2018, 08:45 AM #7
Jonny Lan

Jonny Lan is a glorious beacon of lightJonny Lan is a glorious beacon of lightJonny Lan is a glorious beacon of lightJonny Lan is a glorious beacon of lightJonny Lan is a glorious beacon of lightJonny Lan is a glorious beacon of lightJonny Lan is a glorious beacon of lightJonny Lan is a glorious beacon of lightJonny Lan is a glorious beacon of lightJonny Lan is a glorious beacon of lightJonny Lan is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weird View Post

Facts

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-18-2018, 09:18 AM #8
Gry
One Nation Underground

Gry is a survivorGry is a survivorGry is a survivorGry is a survivorGry is a survivorGry is a survivorGry is a survivorGry is a survivorGry is a survivorGry is a survivorGry is a survivor
Some people don't wish to be reminded they owe anyone else.

7 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-18-2018, 10:06 AM #9
Gumby's Ganja

Gumby's Ganja is a jewel in the roughGumby's Ganja is a jewel in the roughGumby's Ganja is a jewel in the roughGumby's Ganja is a jewel in the roughGumby's Ganja is a jewel in the roughGumby's Ganja is a jewel in the rough
I'd be a pill zombie if it weren't for those brave people who kept cannabis alive and acclimated her to stealthy indoor growing before I was even born. I thank you old timers every day for giving me my life back and I'm honored to be able to share in the growing culture.

History is written by the government. There's no chance outlaw growers will be respected in the future. They did something great for the world that very few will recognize. What matters more is the bigger picture. Soon, people won't be persecuted or denied medicine any more. That should mean a lot more to us than the way people who can't see past the word "criminal" remember us.

Is all this madness for our ego or our favorite plant?

Last edited by Gumby's Ganja; 07-18-2018 at 10:09 AM.. Reason: Grammar
Gumby's Ganja is offline Quote

5 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-18-2018, 10:30 AM #10
xet

xet is just really nicexet is just really nicexet is just really nicexet is just really nicexet is just really nicexet is just really nicexet is just really nicexet is just really nicexet is just really nicexet is just really nicexet is just really nice
People often fear what they do not know and then lash out as a cry for help.

This phenomena occurs everywhere. Why do teenage skateboarders spray paint schools? Do they not tarnish the history of education for human development? Or is it more superficial and egoic?