Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Talk About It! > Security & Legal Issues > How safe is ICMAG for me?

Thread Title Search
How safe is ICMAG for me? Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-17-2011, 01:21 AM #1
laylow

How safe is ICMAG for me?

hi im a UK grower who posts on here with photo updates of current grows i want to continue to do so im just wondering how safe i am doing so?

thanks for your time

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 05-17-2011, 01:30 AM #2
oneeyewilly

prob safer than walking in the streets
prob safer than cocaine and whisky
prob safer than swimming in a ocean(on or not on mushrooms)
alot safer than smoking or fucking crack hos
hmmm...
safer than robbing a bank
or fighting a gang of angry transvestites

5 members found this post helpful.
Old 05-17-2011, 01:35 AM #3
laylow

is it safe enough not to get my ass busted if the police are looking at growers on here....

Old 05-17-2011, 01:38 AM #4
oneeyewilly

well i would say keep anything that they can relate from the pics to you out the pics also i hear bout certain digi cameras having coded info or some shit...
somebody was writing about it a few days ago

Old 05-17-2011, 05:58 AM #5
ak-51

Quote:
You're in the clear dude, the man doesn't have jurisdiction of that red dwarf star.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneeyewilly View Post
well i would say keep anything that they can relate from the pics to you out the pics also i hear bout certain digi cameras having coded info or some shit...
somebody was writing about it a few days ago
Scrub out all EXIF data. My camera doesn't write any EXIF data that could really identify me, but safe to scrub it out anyway. Make you're albums private if you want.

Old 05-17-2011, 06:00 AM #6
RugerBaby
Autos are for pussies!

RugerBaby is just really niceRugerBaby is just really niceRugerBaby is just really niceRugerBaby is just really niceRugerBaby is just really niceRugerBaby is just really niceRugerBaby is just really niceRugerBaby is just really niceRugerBaby is just really niceRugerBaby is just really niceRugerBaby is just really nice
https://youtu.be/wANynTQmRws

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmartPothead View Post
I'm looking for career change and was wondering what qualifications do you need to become a MOD on ICMAG?
What does the avg MOD make around here?
RugerBaby is offline Quote

Old 05-17-2011, 06:41 AM #7
woolybear

woolybear is a glorious beacon of lightwoolybear is a glorious beacon of lightwoolybear is a glorious beacon of lightwoolybear is a glorious beacon of lightwoolybear is a glorious beacon of lightwoolybear is a glorious beacon of lightwoolybear is a glorious beacon of lightwoolybear is a glorious beacon of lightwoolybear is a glorious beacon of lightwoolybear is a glorious beacon of lightwoolybear is a glorious beacon of light
very safe. for extra safety, you can:

- use a program like Secure Delete (https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/s.../bb897443.aspx) to wipe your photos from your pc after you upload them to ICMAG

- use an image editing program to resize your photos and remove the EXIF data. Opening a picture in photoshop and 'saving for web' will do this

- erase icmag from your comp's history every once in a while

All in all, pretty dang safe if you take the proper precautions.
woolybear is offline Quote

Old 05-17-2011, 06:52 AM #8
GOT DANK

GOT DANK is just really niceGOT DANK is just really niceGOT DANK is just really niceGOT DANK is just really niceGOT DANK is just really niceGOT DANK is just really niceGOT DANK is just really niceGOT DANK is just really niceGOT DANK is just really niceGOT DANK is just really niceGOT DANK is just really nice
nice topic. i was thinking the same think
GOT DANK is offline Quote

Old 05-17-2011, 11:06 PM #9
supermanlives
Banned

supermanlives has a reputation beyond reputesupermanlives has a reputation beyond reputesupermanlives has a reputation beyond reputesupermanlives has a reputation beyond reputesupermanlives has a reputation beyond reputesupermanlives has a reputation beyond reputesupermanlives has a reputation beyond reputesupermanlives has a reputation beyond reputesupermanlives has a reputation beyond reputesupermanlives has a reputation beyond reputesupermanlives has a reputation beyond repute
well the servers are supposedly safe. so pretty much you are as safe as what you post. dont give them any ammo. leave them piggies confused
supermanlives is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 05-18-2011, 12:29 AM #10
laylow

Quote:
Originally Posted by RugerBaby View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by woolybear View Post
very safe. for extra safety, you can:

- use a program like Secure Delete (https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/s.../bb897443.aspx) to wipe your photos from your pc after you upload them to ICMAG

- use an image editing program to resize your photos and remove the EXIF data. Opening a picture in photoshop and 'saving for web' will do this

- erase icmag from your comp's history every once in a while

All in all, pretty dang safe if you take the proper precautions.
i use a few computers, mac, ipad, a pc and a netpad to brows the net... whenever i upload pic's its on my netbook as its easier to edit my photos on that... i may then right the post later on, on another laptop and add the photos from my albums... does that make sense?

my camera is a 7 year old cannon not that modern to have gps or coded info to worry about?

suppose i need to wipe everything from now and then as this account is what will get me in trouble for past grows....

i was just more worried that i could be tracked from here to my home address via my ip address or some shit im not to shit hot on internet security and how traceable you are thats why i asked....

thanks everyone for taking the time to post