Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > IC Magazine > Marijuana News > Vape pen explodes, rips away chunk of man's face, breaks some teeth, lawsuit says

Thread Title Search
Vape pen explodes, rips away chunk of man's face, breaks some teeth, lawsuit says Thread Tools
Old 04-10-2019, 08:40 PM #31
soil margin

soil margin is a splendid one to beholdsoil margin is a splendid one to beholdsoil margin is a splendid one to beholdsoil margin is a splendid one to beholdsoil margin is a splendid one to beholdsoil margin is a splendid one to beholdsoil margin is a splendid one to beholdsoil margin is a splendid one to beholdsoil margin is a splendid one to beholdsoil margin is a splendid one to beholdsoil margin is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hashmasta-Kut View Post
All I have on that is my own life study, and some peers who seem to agree, and they did pretty much the same thing: I smoked for about 20 years, every day, pipes of mainly roadkill skunk from the 80s to around 2003. I had a pretty consistent cough, hacked up a lot of phlegm in the morning, and it was not typically enjoyable. In 2003-2004, I switched to 99% just vaping extracts. Since then, I have some respiratory issue, but much less so, and I intake far more thc per day. I don't hack up shit from my lungs any mornings now. For me the difference is pretty remarkable, and I really appreciate it.
Sounds like the typical description of every tobacco smoker.

Been smoking weed out of a bong/pipe all day every day for 15 years and never had ANY of the issues you're describing. Am I just a badass or are you overlooking important parts of the story?
soil margin is offline Quote

Old 04-10-2019, 08:59 PM #32
SamsonsRiddle

SamsonsRiddle has a spectacular aura aboutSamsonsRiddle has a spectacular aura aboutSamsonsRiddle has a spectacular aura aboutSamsonsRiddle has a spectacular aura aboutSamsonsRiddle has a spectacular aura about
If you look at all these exploding vapes, there is one common denominator: they are mechanical mods.

Using a mechanical mod requires some basic comprehension of math and ohm's law. Also, there isn't a safety feature if you want to fire it at more power than the batteries can handle. These are SUPPOSED to be sold to people with knowledge of what they are buying and how it operates, not newbies.

Of course big tobacco and their cohorts will continue to bring up these explosions by people doing things they shouldn't be doing in the first place (think of people blasting butane on their stove).

Then again, i may be wrong because i got psychosis from conspiracy theories and schizophrenia from weed intake (according to "studies").
SamsonsRiddle is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-10-2019, 09:27 PM #33
Switcher56
Comfortably numb!

Switcher56 has a brilliant futureSwitcher56 has a brilliant futureSwitcher56 has a brilliant futureSwitcher56 has a brilliant futureSwitcher56 has a brilliant futureSwitcher56 has a brilliant futureSwitcher56 has a brilliant futureSwitcher56 has a brilliant futureSwitcher56 has a brilliant futureSwitcher56 has a brilliant futureSwitcher56 has a brilliant future
... reading this (9 yr vaper here) I had to laugh. I suggest everyone quit using their phones. That sucker is stuck to your ear (use your imagination) and they have been known to go boom, and yes their batteries are also made in China.

I haven't followed the recent events on the subject but back in the day it was (exploding batteries) used by the media spreading panic (fake news (no surprise there)) as a tool to stop legalization of vaping. In the day, the majority of incidents were caused by human error and general ignorance by the owner.

So much BS here, that we needen't buy ferts for the next 10 years
Switcher56 is online now Quote

Old 04-10-2019, 10:19 PM #34
Ringodoggie

Ringodoggie has a brilliant futureRingodoggie has a brilliant futureRingodoggie has a brilliant futureRingodoggie has a brilliant futureRingodoggie has a brilliant futureRingodoggie has a brilliant futureRingodoggie has a brilliant futureRingodoggie has a brilliant futureRingodoggie has a brilliant futureRingodoggie has a brilliant futureRingodoggie has a brilliant future
Nature is using vaporizers to 'thin the herd'. LMAO

Old 04-10-2019, 10:40 PM #35
Jellyfish
Invertebrata Inebriata

Jellyfish is a survivorJellyfish is a survivorJellyfish is a survivorJellyfish is a survivorJellyfish is a survivorJellyfish is a survivorJellyfish is a survivorJellyfish is a survivorJellyfish is a survivorJellyfish is a survivorJellyfish is a survivor
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamsonsRiddle View Post
If you look at all these exploding vapes, there is one common denominator: they are mechanical mods.

Using a mechanical mod requires some basic comprehension of math and ohm's law. Also, there isn't a safety feature if you want to fire it at more power than the batteries can handle. These are SUPPOSED to be sold to people with knowledge of what they are buying and how it operates, not newbies.

Of course big tobacco and their cohorts will continue to bring up these explosions by people doing things they shouldn't be doing in the first place (think of people blasting butane on their stove).

Then again, i may be wrong because i got psychosis from conspiracy theories and schizophrenia from weed intake (according to "studies").

Great post! May I quote your disclaimer at the end in my sig? Thanks!
"You have no fucking idea what you speak of."- Wendull C.
"Put me on ignore."- Wendull C.
"Your an idiot jelly"- Blu3Kush
"You're"- Jellyfish
Jellyfish is offline Quote

Old 04-11-2019, 04:28 AM #36
soil margin

soil margin is a splendid one to beholdsoil margin is a splendid one to beholdsoil margin is a splendid one to beholdsoil margin is a splendid one to beholdsoil margin is a splendid one to beholdsoil margin is a splendid one to beholdsoil margin is a splendid one to beholdsoil margin is a splendid one to beholdsoil margin is a splendid one to beholdsoil margin is a splendid one to beholdsoil margin is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamsonsRiddle View Post

Makes sense. Only logical explanation that I can see. Those doctors know their stuff!
soil margin is offline Quote

Old 04-15-2019, 06:46 AM #37
Jellyfish
Invertebrata Inebriata

Jellyfish is a survivorJellyfish is a survivorJellyfish is a survivorJellyfish is a survivorJellyfish is a survivorJellyfish is a survivorJellyfish is a survivorJellyfish is a survivorJellyfish is a survivorJellyfish is a survivorJellyfish is a survivor
I do not have anything against vaping or people who vape. I have vaped myself. What I don't like is self-righteous vapers telling me what they are doing is safer than what I'm doing (smoking), when there's no proof of that, and when smoking weed has been around for centuries with no deaths, and vaping only a relatively short time and some deaths. Thank you.
Jellyfish is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-16-2019, 03:40 AM #38
Hashmasta-Kut
honey oil addict

Hashmasta-Kut has much to be proud ofHashmasta-Kut has much to be proud ofHashmasta-Kut has much to be proud ofHashmasta-Kut has much to be proud ofHashmasta-Kut has much to be proud ofHashmasta-Kut has much to be proud ofHashmasta-Kut has much to be proud ofHashmasta-Kut has much to be proud ofHashmasta-Kut has much to be proud ofHashmasta-Kut has much to be proud ofHashmasta-Kut has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by soil margin View Post
Sounds like the typical description of every tobacco smoker.

Been smoking weed out of a bong/pipe all day every day for 15 years and never had ANY of the issues you're describing. Am I just a badass or are you overlooking important parts of the story?

were you smoking skunkweed and hash made from it, or some lightweight shit that people usually smoke?