Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Talk About It! > Cooking With Cannabis > Cannabis Olive Oil Question

Thread Title Search
Cannabis Olive Oil Question Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-12-2019, 02:59 AM #1
Green Squall

Green Squall is a survivorGreen Squall is a survivorGreen Squall is a survivorGreen Squall is a survivorGreen Squall is a survivorGreen Squall is a survivorGreen Squall is a survivorGreen Squall is a survivorGreen Squall is a survivorGreen Squall is a survivorGreen Squall is a survivor
Cannabis Olive Oil Question

I'm making a small batch of infused olive oil that calls for 7 grams herb and 1 cup olive oil in a crockpot. I was wondering if I could add CBD isolate to make a 1:1 oil and if so, how much?
Green Squall is online now Quote

Old 01-12-2019, 04:17 AM #2
Switcher56
Comfortably numb!

Switcher56 has a brilliant futureSwitcher56 has a brilliant futureSwitcher56 has a brilliant futureSwitcher56 has a brilliant futureSwitcher56 has a brilliant futureSwitcher56 has a brilliant futureSwitcher56 has a brilliant futureSwitcher56 has a brilliant futureSwitcher56 has a brilliant futureSwitcher56 has a brilliant futureSwitcher56 has a brilliant future
Why?
Switcher56 is offline Quote

Old 01-12-2019, 06:19 AM #3
Green Squall

Green Squall is a survivorGreen Squall is a survivorGreen Squall is a survivorGreen Squall is a survivorGreen Squall is a survivorGreen Squall is a survivorGreen Squall is a survivorGreen Squall is a survivorGreen Squall is a survivorGreen Squall is a survivorGreen Squall is a survivor
Quote:
Originally Posted by Switcher56 View Post
Why?
Why what?

Old 01-23-2019, 05:04 AM #4
LostTribe

LostTribe has disabled reputation
I am not sure search for cbd butter. Butter only holds so much of each compound.

With THC I used to do 1 lb butter with 1 oz nugs. Double boil, strain, mold. Finished.

C99 The Ultimate Search and Rescue Mission
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?threadid=334331

Treating Cancer with Concentrates
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=301121
LostTribe is offline Quote

Old 01-23-2019, 07:00 PM #5
Green Squall

With rough math, I figured that the bud has roughly 20% thc, so that would give you 200mg of thc per gram.

So 7 grams flower = 1.4 grams thc. + 1.4 grams isolate would be 1:1.

This is obviously very approximate, but it came out decent for a small batch.

Old 04-15-2019, 05:51 AM #6
JustSumTomatoes
Senior Insomniac

JustSumTomatoes has a brilliant futureJustSumTomatoes has a brilliant futureJustSumTomatoes has a brilliant futureJustSumTomatoes has a brilliant futureJustSumTomatoes has a brilliant futureJustSumTomatoes has a brilliant futureJustSumTomatoes has a brilliant futureJustSumTomatoes has a brilliant futureJustSumTomatoes has a brilliant futureJustSumTomatoes has a brilliant futureJustSumTomatoes has a brilliant future
How did your oil turn out? I was wanting to try and make some myself.
JustSumTomatoes is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-16-2019, 12:52 AM #7
Green Squall

Turned out great and is very mellow with the added CBD.
I still have two dropper bottles in the freezer.

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-16-2019, 06:10 AM #8
JustSumTomatoes
Senior Insomniac

JustSumTomatoes has a brilliant futureJustSumTomatoes has a brilliant futureJustSumTomatoes has a brilliant futureJustSumTomatoes has a brilliant futureJustSumTomatoes has a brilliant futureJustSumTomatoes has a brilliant futureJustSumTomatoes has a brilliant futureJustSumTomatoes has a brilliant futureJustSumTomatoes has a brilliant futureJustSumTomatoes has a brilliant futureJustSumTomatoes has a brilliant future
Cool. Did you stick with the same recipe? I'll have to give this a try.
JustSumTomatoes is offline Quote

Old 04-16-2019, 07:31 AM #9
f-e

f-e has disabled reputation
I was thinking about need to heat the green, on order to turn thc-a to thc-aaaaay.

Few things we cook reach 100c. To do so, all the water must first of left. Bread and 88c are often spoke of together. Just waiting for the temp to reach that, and it's done.

Another member posted this chart of temps, which suggest to me that never really getting past 90c might not fully exploit the greens strength.
https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php...ctureid=409939

Then again, baking the green to dust isn't really an option. If you could tripple the strength of just 25% of the green, it would be 50% stronger overall.

What sort of time are you double boiling for?
f-e is offline Quote

Old 04-17-2019, 05:43 PM #10
Green Squall

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustSumTomatoes View Post
Cool. Did you stick with the same recipe? I'll have to give this a try.
Memories a little hazy but I think I tweaked it a bit by using a bit less herb. This was more of a medicinal elixir for me, so I wanted it a little more heavy on the CBD side.