What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Are there ANY web pages that have simpler code with Facebook Comments ?

St. Phatty

attachment.php

All that code for a simple web page with a Facebook comments section.

I used to know HTML, in the late 90's & 00's.

But I look at this and I know that is some serious data-base hooks.

Maybe some of this code is for web analytics.

What I'm looking for is examples of stripped down web pages that have Facebook comments sections.

The image is from an article on survivor benefits related to Covid19 for firefighters' families, at Wildfire Today.

They have a few ads, so they have web analytics programming hooks.

That part I don't need.

I'm not hooked on Facebook, EXCEPT FOR I want to prevent spam in Comments, and I think people are possibly more comfortable writing a comment if there is a Facebook hook.

So I might be stuck with Facebook.

How do you have a simple Comments section on a web page that is more content oriented than advertising oriented ?

What I find odd is that the HTML for a simple page like Wildfire Today is similar to the code for those news websites that have the automatic loading ads between the article and the comments section. They have a 100 ads and their HTML is similar to a simple website like Wildfire Today.

OH MAN I preferred the HTML of the late 90's and 00's. It was simpler.

Attachments

• wall-of-text2b.jpg
    wall-of-text2b.jpg
    156.8 KB · Views: 43