Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Cannabis Harvesting & Processing > Malawi Style Cob Curing.

Thread Title Search
Malawi Style Cob Curing. Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-23-2020, 12:00 AM #4301
Hombre del mont

Hombre del mont is a name known to allHombre del mont is a name known to allHombre del mont is a name known to allHombre del mont is a name known to allHombre del mont is a name known to allHombre del mont is a name known to allHombre del mont is a name known to allHombre del mont is a name known to allHombre del mont is a name known to allHombre del mont is a name known to allHombre del mont is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sertaiz View Post
wow !!!! that cob is beautiful!
the flower as well looks amazing, must be a good hand and good climate, judging from the rolling hills. I have been after that golden cure for 3 or so trys, 6 days dry you say? cheers to you and your new hobby that your already great at. !!!

thank you so musc Sertaiz for you r kind words. The credit for the cobs and this last one's improvemet have to go to our reverred teacher Tangwena. I do have a lttle skill indoor, but this was my first ever real grow outdoors, ( i'd done a few grow's in pots over the last few years, but was always consrtained by havig to move house). I've learnt a lot this year; I'd never even thought about cataplillars and if it wasn't for the wise peolpe on here i'd probably be sitting here tonight feeling very different. (check out my thread " Super Malawi Haze, 6 weeks to go and posible mold, Sorry don't know how to post link),

We are blessed with the good climate it'strue and i thank my stars daily for letting me be here.

The weed was 6 day's dreid but certainly notdry; it wouldn't have smoked in a spliff, not without constant relighting.

Like you, i'm new to tihs game but already can see that it has huge possiblities for altering taste and colour and i'm looking forward to seeing how the different varriables effec't the high's.

How do you find the high's?, what have you cobbed?
Hombre del mont is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 11-23-2020, 12:17 AM #4302
Tangwena

Tangwena has a reputation beyond reputeTangwena has a reputation beyond reputeTangwena has a reputation beyond reputeTangwena has a reputation beyond reputeTangwena has a reputation beyond reputeTangwena has a reputation beyond reputeTangwena has a reputation beyond reputeTangwena has a reputation beyond reputeTangwena has a reputation beyond reputeTangwena has a reputation beyond reputeTangwena has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hombre del mont View Post
Bob Dylan!, An old hippy type perhaps, like myself.

Tangwena, My dear friend, Wow! What can i say! I'm a total convert!

This morning started in a normal way, ie, spliff first thing, but today i took some SMH cob, which had dried rock hard over night in the warm living room. I won't go into details, but it reminded me of some Zamal i grew 23yrs ago indoors (i had little skill indoors then and it took forever to produce buds that looked like air buds but made out of stick!). Really clear, no body effect and a intial questioning of wether in fact i'm high! Hightened colours. Real nice and perfect for a hardened a weary smoker!. After our usual coffee and 2nd spliff with our nieghbour, i realised that half the joint was still there in the ashtray; usually i'm on number 3 by now and unusually this morning the nieghbour had had a few toots too!

Mrs Mote and the niegbhbour decided to do some baking (nice!) and i decieded to eat a little nugget; not sure of the wieght, but i think just under a gram.

I've had a lovely day, high as fuck, totally focused, clear, giggling to myself (unheard of in 35yrs or more, despite having edibles in the past many many times), pottering in the garden with my flower beds and a pleasant walk with Mrs M. As you say, like discovering canabis again.

I think this first batch would have been improved for being a fraction drier when it first went in and should have never been fermented so long (colours and terps). I'm excited to see what it's like in another month; And subsequent months, even more so.

But, This beauty below
View Image this is the Panama haze that was made yesterday after being sealed up at 40c for just over 12hrs!

The smell and clour change are amazing. They say a picture says a thousand words...View Image

She's now dried and sitting at 30c with the others that i made the day before her. The difference in the extra day of air drying prior to cobbing is suprising;(although the 5 day air dried did also get a bit longer sweating.

I'm looking forward to meeting up with friends again and tryinyg to convince them to cob next year!. For a several years now i've been encouraging friends to grow sattivas, but now have a double task!.

Thanks Tangwenga man for your, what appears to be daily maning of this thread, but now I'm beginging to understand your mission to educate people as to the African magic ways. I think, had i discoveded this prior to harvest, the whole lot would have gone into cobs!.

I'll update you i due course, but for now, Muchas Gracias Senor.

Edit. Appologies for the bad typing. The n has one on my lap top and i'm too high to care about correcting my typos. Lol!
Well you have Aced that one my friend thats the kind I like, well I like them all but the for terpy, tasty mind blowing heaven thats the result your looking for.
Welcome to the brotherhood of the cob your life will never be the same now bless you for your kind words.

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 11-23-2020, 12:49 AM #4303
Hombre del mont

Hombre del mont is a name known to allHombre del mont is a name known to allHombre del mont is a name known to allHombre del mont is a name known to allHombre del mont is a name known to allHombre del mont is a name known to allHombre del mont is a name known to allHombre del mont is a name known to allHombre del mont is a name known to allHombre del mont is a name known to allHombre del mont is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tangwena View Post
Well you have Aced that one my friend thats the kind I like, well I like them all but the for terpy, tasty mind blowing heaven thats the result your looking for.
Welcome to the brotherhood of the cob your life will never be the same now bless you for your kind words.
Cheers mate and thanks for the welcome!

Old 11-23-2020, 02:23 AM #4304
Sertaiz

Sertaiz has much to be proud ofSertaiz has much to be proud ofSertaiz has much to be proud ofSertaiz has much to be proud ofSertaiz has much to be proud ofSertaiz has much to be proud ofSertaiz has much to be proud ofSertaiz has much to be proud ofSertaiz has much to be proud ofSertaiz has much to be proud ofSertaiz has much to be proud of
i find the highs clearer, which is big because the hardest part of herb is the burnout, in my opinion. seems to clean up the feelings, the cloudyness. i have cobbed some lambsbread x original haze from snowhigh, as well as my pollen chucks with that and a gt. the original strain was the best cobbed. more energy, more ride, possibly at the expense of a peaceful calm... i like it both ways, and keep some uncobbed for ocean journeys. cobbed is more for on land. ha. cheers
Sertaiz is offline Quote

Old 11-23-2020, 02:53 AM #4305
CannaRed
Cannabinerd

CannaRed is a survivorCannaRed is a survivorCannaRed is a survivorCannaRed is a survivorCannaRed is a survivorCannaRed is a survivorCannaRed is a survivorCannaRed is a survivorCannaRed is a survivorCannaRed is a survivorCannaRed is a survivor
I keep saying that I'm going to cob up the original Haze when it finishes but it's not going to finish. 106 days and doesn't look close
CannaRed is offline Quote

5 members found this post helpful.
Old 11-23-2020, 02:55 AM #4306
thedudefresco

thedudefresco is a name known to allthedudefresco is a name known to allthedudefresco is a name known to allthedudefresco is a name known to allthedudefresco is a name known to allthedudefresco is a name known to allthedudefresco is a name known to allthedudefresco is a name known to allthedudefresco is a name known to allthedudefresco is a name known to allthedudefresco is a name known to all
yeah i didnt try the cob either with my zamaldelica.

I did wrap up a "thai stick" using wet bud and tried to wrap it with the Zam leaves.

Lol they are way to thin to wrap with my patience level. Its a half assed wrap but yeah we will see.

Cobb curing tho. People really say it improves potency?
thedudefresco is offline Quote

Old 11-23-2020, 01:20 PM #4307
Tangwena

Tangwena has a reputation beyond reputeTangwena has a reputation beyond reputeTangwena has a reputation beyond reputeTangwena has a reputation beyond reputeTangwena has a reputation beyond reputeTangwena has a reputation beyond reputeTangwena has a reputation beyond reputeTangwena has a reputation beyond reputeTangwena has a reputation beyond reputeTangwena has a reputation beyond reputeTangwena has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by thedudefresco View Post
yeah i didnt try the cob either with my zamaldelica.

I did wrap up a "thai stick" using wet bud and tried to wrap it with the Zam leaves.

Lol they are way to thin to wrap with my patience level. Its a half assed wrap but yeah we will see.

Cobb curing tho. People really say it improves potency?
No my friend it just changes it to something different, whether or not its to your taste is another matter.
But first you have to get it right.
Its a skill like any other art some will be good at it others not.
A friend just dropped of 4 cob samples for me to enjoy, his cobs look different to mine but are works of art nonetheless. Like Nepalese black hash I cant wait to try them when I'm refreshed and clean tomorrow morning.
Pics will be posted

Old 11-23-2020, 01:22 PM #4308
Tangwena

Quote:
Originally Posted by CannaRed View Post
I keep saying that I'm going to cob up the original Haze when it finishes but it's not going to finish. 106 days and doesn't look close
View ImageView ImageView Image
That will shine cured in a cob its the sort of buds it was designed for.
I'm sure it will be worth the wait though.

4 members found this post helpful.
Old 11-23-2020, 05:28 PM #4309
Hombre del mont

Quote:
Originally Posted by CannaRed View Post
View ImageView ImageView Image

She's looking awesome!

Old 12-01-2020, 01:56 PM #4310
Tangwena

Chopper Read 2017 vintage cob

Looks like hash, smells like hash, tastes like hash smack you in the face sativa rush up up up for 3 hours then levelling off for a further 3hrs fantastic kick ass high.