What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Tommy Lasorda , baseball legend's last pitch, RIP 93

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Tommy Lasorda, who in 20 years as the Dodgers’ manager won two World Series championships, four National League pennants and eight division titles, died of a heart attack Thursday night at 93. One of the few remaining links to the club’s Brooklyn roots, he had spent 71 seasons with the Dodgers and was a vibrant and voluble presence.

Being affiliated with the Dodgers, he visited Triple A farm team, Albuquerque Dukes (now the Isotopes for Colorado Rockies). Ironically, that franchise was a charter member of the PCL in 1903 as the original Los Angeles Angels, who had been displaced by the Dodgers in 1958. With future Dodgers manager Tommy Lasorda at the helm, the Dukes amassed a 92-58 record and won the PCL championship, the first of eight for the franchise.

Tommy's quote:
"I bleed Dodger blue and when I die, I'm going to the big Dodger in the sky."

Gry

RIP

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Lasorda quote:
[/FONT]
The difference between the impossible and the possible lies in a person's determination.

OilGuy

Sad to hear this. At least he made quite a mark in ninety-three long years. Thanks for all you've done, Tommy - rest in peace.