What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Kali China Feminized

MedBelgUsr

Indeed, that's why I'm asking :D

They will be transplanted so it's good to know how they normally take such a move, and how long they might need to recover.

Switcher56

Comfortably numb!
Considering your girls are 5 weeks old, I doubt that would stress them out. I normally go into my 3gal cloth pots at week 4 of veg. I veg for 8 weeks. If watered correctly, a few days at most.

MedBelgUsr

So, here are the news : they are entering their 1st flo week, after 8 weeks of veg ... :biggrin:

I didnt take any pictures while waiting for the new pots as the plants were slowly dying ... :eek:

Around 1 week ago, I could finally transplant them and the attached picture shows how they have recovered after 1 week.

As you might notice, due to the stress resulting from still being in their small pots, I had to remove many fan leaves that were too damaged, I hope the Kali will still have enough energy to create a lot of quality flowers.

And now, considering that they might require 2,5 weeks for the flowers to appear, I hope they will recover a bit and get stronger ...

Attachments

• Kali 2020-12-03 at 15.26.19.jpg
    Kali 2020-12-03 at 15.26.19.jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 53

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
They look very happy in their new shoes MedBelgUsr and should start a very healthy flowering process from now onwards :yes:

MedBelgUsr

So, the plants are now entering their second week of flo ... and they have stretched BIIIIG TIME :plant grow: in one week : they gained 24 cm !!

In few days, we will try to bend the heads before it starts to give an issue by touching the lamp. And, talking about bending, apart from bending the heads, would you have any suggestions ?

The other parameters are : 22 degrees temp and around 50 % of humidity ( oscillating between 45 and 50, so it should be fine with the ventilation ( I hope ).

@Dubi, how many weeks will it still stretch ? another 2 weeks ? or the second week is really when it stretches the most ?

Luckilly, the plants seem to be really happy, even at a very close distance from the lamp. Probably Kali likes a lot of intense light ?

All in all, I'm currently happy but I need to reorganize a bit the inside fast before there are sticky flowers everywhere ... :dance:

Attachments

• Kali1.jpg
    Kali1.jpg
    102.6 KB · Views: 38
  • Kali2.jpg
    Kali2.jpg
    85.5 KB · Views: 39
  • Kali3.jpg
    Kali3.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 44

Common Sense

MBU, my one Kali China that I grew was done stretching after 4 weeks at 12/12. Most of the stretch came in the second and third week. Mine only had 2 weeks of veg but were in their final 9 L containers from the start
FWIW
So I would probably start to tie them down gradually. Mine had rather strong stems, so I had to do it step by step

MedBelgUsr

@Common_Sense
Yes, we will tie them down starting Tuesday, and then Saturday again if it's required to bend them further ...

But I'm keeping notes of

Switcher56

Comfortably numb!
@Common_Sense
Yes, we will tie them down starting Tuesday, and then Saturday again if it's required to bend them further ...

But I'm keeping notes of
... while taking notes, I would have topped them as they were growing, before flipping them. Most dbl the veg size otherwise. They were too tall in veg, you should have flipped them earlier. :tiphat:

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi MedBelgUsr,

Cannabis plants tend to stretch vigorously in early flowering once they have more root space after being repotted.
Kali China usually finishes the stretching in early flowering after 3 weeks.
Best wishes for the flowering stage!

MedBelgUsr

The plants are now entering their 3rd week of flo, and the stretch seemed to have been contained ... *sigh of relief*

As I was expecting a limited stretch due to the plant description, I didnt anticipate that repotting would make it more intense.

If the humidity level is acceptable ( it's not perfect at around 55 % but we'll try to cope with it ) I guess the end of the growth will be a nice slow slope until harvest.

I can already select the 2 next ACE strains ...
( and tbh, the choice has been done already
biggrin.gif
)

So, here're the Kali's :

Kali5.jpg Kali4.jpg

MedBelgUsr

Side note ...

Here's the first version of my Ace seed planning for 2021 ... :watchplant:

SeedBox Planning 2021.jpg

I hope I wont need to test the whole ACE catalog before I find something that works for me :angelshug:

@Dubi
Do you plan to introduce new strains/hybrids in 2021 ?

I guess you prefer to keep the genetic secret but I am always curious to try out something that can tame my multiple conditions ...

MedBelgUsr

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The plants are now entering their 4th week of flo, and *touch wood* everything seems to go smoothly ... :groupwave:
[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The flowers are already very sticky and I saw purple on all of the plants ... Is there a specific effect with the purple phenotype ? [/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Nutrients wise, I have reduced the bloom a little to replace it by some PK ...
[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Starting next week Top Shooter from H&G instead of PK, again in very light doses ... [/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Grow girls ![/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] [/FONT]

Attachments

• Kali4.jpg
    Kali4.jpg
    107.3 KB · Views: 43
  • Kali5.jpg
    Kali5.jpg
    120 KB · Views: 42
  • Kali6.jpg
    Kali6.jpg
    113.1 KB · Views: 40

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Looking good indeed MedBelgUsr :yes:

Most Kali China expressions show strong purple pigmentation, and its colors are enhanced with a bit of cold temps during flowering.
Kali China is quite inbred and stabilized, so there's no much difference in the type of highs in this line, although you will find individuals that are more of your taste than others like with any other strain.

Thanks also for choosing ACE genetics for your 2021 grows, i would choose Malawi x PCK next, it's a super solid F1 that never disappoints and always please regarding quality, yield, potency, resins, terpenes, beauty and easiness of cultivation.

The new releases for 2021 will be announced in the upcoming days ;)

Last edited:

MedBelgUsr

Thanks Dubi.

I'm wondering about the growth of the Kali : as I have time to let it flower as long as required, should I expect multiple flowerings if I give the plants enough time ( like it's the case for other strains ) ?
I know the picture showing the flower closeup is blurry, but as you followed the growth and developpement thread closely, how many weeks should I expect before the Kali is ready ? and if I add 2 weeks, will the plant lean more towards a balanced effect slightly more physical/narcotic/hypnothic ?

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Thanks also for choosing ACE genetics for your 2021 grows[/FONT]
You are welcome :shucks:: I just finished growing few Mr Nice for 18 months, and now I will give a try to your plants for around 18 months too, as I couldnt find an overwhelming medical strain with Mr Nice.

It's the quality of your work and its reputation that makes me feel like trying your plants, and if I find what I need : you'll become my permanent breeder ( like you are already for many other people on this forum :kissgrin:)

But for the Kali, if I have enough yield, I will try making fermented cobs and rosin press extraction, and share the knowledge/pictures.

Cheers ;)

Latest posts

Latest posts