What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

GOT_BUD? grows

GOT_BUD?

Weed is a gateway to gardening
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I did a thing

picture.php

Digging around in the soil it is obvious there is little to no action going on regarding breaking down of materials. I'm seeing a lot of straw and cover crop remnants a couple layers deep. I'm not sure what's going on, but I'm moving forward for now.

GOT_BUD?

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Well after disappointing results with the strawberry glue harvest, and realizing something was going on with my soil, I chopped down the clones you see arranged in the tent above after letting them get through the netting. CHOP! Laid it all down and covered it with another layer of soil.

I took clones of the one plant that I thought showed a bit of potential even through my hamfisted growing, and have taken them out of the cloner tonight and put them into 3 inch pots for 2 weeks. Then into the bed they'll go. 4 Strawberry Glue #12.

A few weeks before this, I went through my old stash of seeds and picked out a pack of Black Domina from Sensei Seeds from 2005-2006 era, hoping to maybe find the Domina Queen pheno. But, they all died at birth. I was very distraught.:whee:

So, I went to an old standby. AK47 by Serious Seeds also from the 2005-2006 era. These did survive birth. Or more correctly, 8 survived out of 10 seeds. Not bad for 15 year old seeds.:yay:

Those have been growing for 6ish weeks now in the big room. Which, incidentally is going to be demolished after this grow. I will be moving one set of lights into my new 5x5 tent with 4x4 foot grow bed.:party:

Everything being used now in the room will be moved over to the tent ventilation wise. Once the room comes down, I'll get the other tent set up and running in short order. I still have all 5 of my Strawberry Glue females. I'll have clones of these AK47s. Between the 2 I'm hoping to find at least one worth a shit once I get things sorted and moving in a positive direction.

I apologize for not providing any pictures. My camera broke right after these last pictures were taken. Ok fine. I dropped it on the concrete.:mad:

GOT_BUD?

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Been a while since I've updated.

As I mentioned in the last post, 8 out of 10 sprouted.
picture.php

Fast forward to today, and of those 8 seeds I had zero males :jawdrop: Not bad for non feminized seeds.:headbange

picture.php

picture.php

This is the last grow you will see in this room as after this harvest as I'm tearing this room apart. I'll be working on something else soon.

To keep me moving I bought a second tent with another bed and will be using the pair of them until my new project is complete.

GOT_BUD?

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Yeah, I'm still here. With all the craziness going on in the world, documenting the grow has taken a back seat. And with harvest of the veggie garden happening seemingly every day now, there's even less time.