Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Indoor Grows - Hydro > Deep WC vs Shallow WC

Thread Title Search
Post Reply
Deep WC vs Shallow WC Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-01-2020, 02:28 AM #1
John LOQUE
Member

Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 846
John LOQUE is just really niceJohn LOQUE is just really niceJohn LOQUE is just really niceJohn LOQUE is just really niceJohn LOQUE is just really niceJohn LOQUE is just really niceJohn LOQUE is just really niceJohn LOQUE is just really niceJohn LOQUE is just really nice
Deep WC vs Shallow WC

Hey men,
do you think that "deep" is mandatory? I mean instead of deep bucket if i use more a flat one, with maybe 2 air stones instead of one, is it an issue?
Just a thought!!!
John LOQUE is offline Quote


Old 12-03-2020, 10:35 AM #2
bigbadbillybob
Member

Join Date: Aug 2017
Posts: 142
bigbadbillybob has a spectacular aura aboutbigbadbillybob has a spectacular aura aboutbigbadbillybob has a spectacular aura aboutbigbadbillybob has a spectacular aura aboutbigbadbillybob has a spectacular aura about
no a deep bucket isnt really a requirement, a shallower one works just as well, if not bettter. the shallow bucket will have more surface area for dissolved oxygen. it would also have a better rate of cooling for the nutes due to its iincreased surface area.
as long as there is nutrient for the roots to bath in and movement of the nutrient on the surface from airstones it will work fine.
bigbadbillybob is offline Quote


1 members found this post helpful.
Old 12-03-2020, 10:38 AM #3
bigbadbillybob
Member

Join Date: Aug 2017
Posts: 142
bigbadbillybob has a spectacular aura aboutbigbadbillybob has a spectacular aura aboutbigbadbillybob has a spectacular aura aboutbigbadbillybob has a spectacular aura aboutbigbadbillybob has a spectacular aura about
ithe nutrient capacity at the bottom of the bucket is pretty important.
if you dont want to be topping it up twice a day in blooom, and see varying ph and ec levels. the more nutrient in there, the more stable the ph and ec will be.
bigbadbillybob is offline Quote


Old 12-03-2020, 12:58 PM #4
John LOQUE
Member

Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 846
John LOQUE is just really niceJohn LOQUE is just really niceJohn LOQUE is just really niceJohn LOQUE is just really niceJohn LOQUE is just really niceJohn LOQUE is just really niceJohn LOQUE is just really niceJohn LOQUE is just really niceJohn LOQUE is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbadbillybob View Post
ithe nutrient capacity at the bottom of the bucket is pretty important.
if you dont want to be topping it up twice a day in blooom, and see varying ph and ec levels. the more nutrient in there, the more stable the ph and ec will be.
Smaller the rez, faster the disaster
John LOQUE is offline Quote


3 members found this post helpful.
Old 12-21-2020, 11:34 PM #5
Northernhemis
Newbie

Northernhemis's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2020
Location: Arctic Circle
Posts: 16
Northernhemis is on a distinguished road
Just try man ! its real simple with the dwc dont bother with a 2 inch tray go for a bucket lets say 10-20 liters(dont know the gallon size) and just build it with a nice little cup with holes init or a bought one (dont recall the name ) stones on the bottom and connect the pump use a ppm meter and a ph meter not above 6.5 in ph nor under use nutes to fix the ph you understand ? if you have to much nutes it will stir up your ph just a tip just measure and youre set. if you need more nutritions use ph down or up theres severeal i used some for pools not the best idea buuuut lemonjuice also works ..... its fun to grow it should be just fun ! overe here in cold assed northsweden the cops are hailing down as the snow falls real nuseans until the government get their head back from spain/germany and see how the peeeps here are feelin , im on a break from smokin for that driverslicense a dui on drugs gets you here in sweden for a long time especially over here in the friggin snow .

hope youl get the stuff upp running and able to show us ! / Paul from Norrbotten Sweden
Northernhemis is offline Quote


Old 12-22-2020, 02:36 AM #6
John LOQUE
Member

Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 846
John LOQUE is just really niceJohn LOQUE is just really niceJohn LOQUE is just really niceJohn LOQUE is just really niceJohn LOQUE is just really niceJohn LOQUE is just really niceJohn LOQUE is just really niceJohn LOQUE is just really niceJohn LOQUE is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northernhemis View Post
Just try man ! its real simple with the dwc dont bother with a 2 inch tray go for a bucket lets say 10-20 liters(dont know the gallon size) and just build it with a nice little cup with holes init or a bought one (dont recall the name ) stones on the bottom and connect the pump use a ppm meter and a ph meter not above 6.5 in ph nor under use nutes to fix the ph you understand ? if you have to much nutes it will stir up your ph just a tip just measure and youre set. if you need more nutritions use ph down or up theres severeal i used some for pools not the best idea buuuut lemonjuice also works ..... its fun to grow it should be just fun ! overe here in cold assed northsweden the cops are hailing down as the snow falls real nuseans until the government get their head back from spain/germany and see how the peeeps here are feelin , im on a break from smokin for that driverslicense a dui on drugs gets you here in sweden for a long time especially over here in the friggin snow .

hope youl get the stuff upp running and able to show us ! / Paul from Norrbotten Sweden
Thank you man. I did a try with 18 liters flat buckets and 2 air stones
John LOQUE is offline Quote


Old 01-05-2021, 02:25 PM #7
meltybubble
Member

meltybubble's Avatar

Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 650
meltybubble is a glorious beacon of lightmeltybubble is a glorious beacon of lightmeltybubble is a glorious beacon of lightmeltybubble is a glorious beacon of lightmeltybubble is a glorious beacon of lightmeltybubble is a glorious beacon of lightmeltybubble is a glorious beacon of lightmeltybubble is a glorious beacon of lightmeltybubble is a glorious beacon of lightmeltybubble is a glorious beacon of lightmeltybubble is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by John LOQUE View Post
Smaller the rez, faster the disaster

Aint that the truth, with any inert medium more mass gives more control.
When changes in ec, temp, humidity etc they are so quick to droop and fade until corrected, nothing as shocking to see them droop, happens so fast but I must add they will always pick up once corrected, ec, ph, etc.
Bigger root mass allows much more control, to a point.
Flora Flex have a great system allowing a small root mass over the life span. Got it down to a T with coco.
Love DWC also, what’s not to like eah
I gotta add, the hardest part of growing this method can be pump failure or initial set up, rest, does itself with a little help.
Nothing as astounding as NFT imho, total control as with DWC. )
KISS
peace
meltybubble is offline Quote


1 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-05-2021, 09:39 PM #8
Amsterdam_joe
Member

Join Date: Nov 2020
Posts: 58
Amsterdam_joe has a spectacular aura aboutAmsterdam_joe has a spectacular aura aboutAmsterdam_joe has a spectacular aura aboutAmsterdam_joe has a spectacular aura aboutAmsterdam_joe has a spectacular aura about
Doesn't have to be too deep
Amsterdam_joe is offline Quote


Old 01-06-2021, 05:03 AM #9
alpo
Member

alpo's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 296
alpo has a spectacular aura aboutalpo has a spectacular aura aboutalpo has a spectacular aura aboutalpo has a spectacular aura aboutalpo has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by meltybubble View Post
Aint that the truth, with any inert medium more mass gives more control.
When changes in ec, temp, humidity etc they are so quick to droop and fade until corrected, nothing as shocking to see them droop, happens so fast but I must add they will always pick up once corrected, ec, ph, etc.
Bigger root mass allows much more control, to a point.
Flora Flex have a great system allowing a small root mass over the life span. Got it down to a T with coco.
Love DWC also, what’s not to like eah
I gotta add, the hardest part of growing this method can be pump failure or initial set up, rest, does itself with a little help.
Nothing as astounding as NFT imho, total control as with DWC. )
KISS
peace
Which FloraFlex system are you talking about?
alpo is online now Quote


Old 01-06-2021, 08:16 PM #10
John LOQUE
Member

Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 846
John LOQUE is just really niceJohn LOQUE is just really niceJohn LOQUE is just really niceJohn LOQUE is just really niceJohn LOQUE is just really niceJohn LOQUE is just really niceJohn LOQUE is just really niceJohn LOQUE is just really niceJohn LOQUE is just really nice
They are just fine. They drink the mix until there is nothing in it. When i make the top off, the ec is the ec of my tap water...





John LOQUE is offline Quote


Post Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 09:12 PM.




This site is for educational and entertainment purposes only.
You must be of legal age to view ICmag and participate here.
All postings are the responsibility of their authors.
Powered by: vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.