What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

So what goals are you making for 2021?

armedoldhippy

Veteran
Looks like the long grass is getting a very early start this year.

weather here causing ol' Mother Nature to say "WTF?" we went from snow on ground & teens temps to 40s for a low & upper 50s in daytime. shit is sprouting & birds trying to start nesting. afraid they are in for a nasty surprise...

G

i have 2 different types of high-CBD gel with heat. they do help, but do not last as long as i need. still, any port in a storm...i'll look into the t-relief, thanks!:wave:

I distrust a LOT of what modern Big Pharma has to offer, and by modern, I'm including about the last 60-70 years, as my own Physicians' Desk Reference is later 1980s, and it's frightening enough to peruse..

That said, someone turned me onto an NSAID ointment, topical, smells like a Love Canal chemical accident, and is used in very small amounts.

It's called Voltaren, or spelled close to that.

It can be had in lower concentration at the stores in many places, over the counter. What I received is Rx strength, at 1% active concentration, so that says something either about the potency of the stuff, and/or the need to dilute to cover a given area.

My friend who helped me into it ignores the dosage card in the kit, uses far less (about a 'pea size' rather than a line on the included card of about 1-2 inches in length), and briskly rubs it onto/into the pained area, rubbing quickly until he feels the the moisture of the stuff has gone away sufficiently that the brisk rubbing is creating a noted increase to friction, then he leaves it, and MAKES SURE TO WASH his hands after; I used 6-mil mechanics' nitrile gloves when I used it.

I can say that for me, with pained shoulders and neck this last summer/fall, when we were doing concrete slabs and the new septic system, I succumbed to the Voltaren rather than taking a pain pill, and it seemed to work fairly well. but again, if olfactory reaction means anything, this stuff is definitely a smell that gets your attention. My wife was unable to use it on her finger joints after quilting, etc., as the smell was too much for her.

Last edited:

Veggia farmer

My goal of 2021 would be to organize everything in my life to the better. That means everything needs re-planning and cleaning. I need to get rid of some stress that messes up my systems. Im tired of half ass solutions. I want the whole ass:biggrin:

Without realizing it I quited tobacco, again, Im an on/off tobacco smoker.

Moose, I started to use Voltaren gel on my tendon late last fall. Stopped very quickly after reading some articles about it. It makes the blood to a lesser extent able to coagulate. One man got so low of a value of the stuff that makes it coagulates and ended up hospital because of some other blue marks on his body. Doctors said if he would have cut himself in this state, he very likely could have died.

So yes, I dont use it:/

St. Phatty

To watch, if Amazon tries to buy Newegg.

A true clash of the etailer Titans. Even though Amazon is 1000 times bigger.

Snook

Still Learning
Veteran
No more cocaine!
I figured this out 25 years ago.. move away from friends and relatives that are INTO blow that keep you in the loop. Far away.. I moved from NY o FL.

Yes theres blow here (lots if you look) but I dont look or associate with the blow people.

OTOH, I did allot more when I was doing the powder.:biggrin:

Veggia farmer

My goal of 2021 would be to organize everything in my life to the better. That means everything needs re-planning and cleaning. I need to get rid of some stress that messes up my systems. Im tired of half ass solutions. I want the whole ass:biggrin:

Without realizing it I quited tobacco, again, Im an on/off tobacco smoker.

Moose, I started to use Voltaren gel on my tendon late last fall. Stopped very quickly after reading some articles about it. It makes the blood to a lesser extent able to coagulate. One man got so low of a value of the stuff that makes it coagulates and ended up hospital because of some other blue marks on his body. Doctors said if he would have cut himself in this state, he very likely could have died.

So yes, I dont use it:/

Yes, I DO have a tendence to talk to myself, so why not quote here too? :biggrin:

So far Im already doing good! Taking some "hard" choices and goibg forward! Patting myself on the back here, your such a good boy Veggia, Im so proud of you!

Veggia reply again: Thanks, I know! I HAVE been very good:)

Hope everyone else also have had a good start too!

St. Phatty

Just bought 30 fruit trees.

Want to plant them without the Assessor raising my property taxes.

Will probably plant 15 in the open and "stealth" 15 of them.

Still learning about Pollinators.

attachment.php

You would think 30 trees would take up more space.

Oh yeah, it's 32, bought 2 more apricot.

Attachments

• IMG_20210115_111704-30trees2.jpg
    IMG_20210115_111704-30trees2.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 30

Veggia farmer

Learning about bee keeping St.patty? Nice with treeS hopefully I will plant some bushes, berries this year, might some trees too!

Hayday, another good boy here! Keep yourself busy is key, god damn quiting stuff can be boring. Keep on!

Snook

Still Learning
Veteran
Sell some seeds

Similar.. trying to kick the seed buying habit.. I have more than I could ever pop and grow (indoors).. One day when Florida allows growing, I'll go outdoors and run a bunch.. until then I'd like to find a grow buddie to give them to..

944s2

ICMag Donor
Veteran
To get back growing after our never ending refurb,,,
Got some great sounding haze varieties to run ,,,a few regs alongside our female beans
I’ve not had a watering can in my hand since the end of July iirc,,,,s2

Latest posts

Latest posts