What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Concrete vibrator water hash?

bloyd

Veteran
I remember seeing a post about someone using a concrete vibrator for agitation in bubble process. Anybody doing this? Sounds promising but can't find where I read it initially nor heard any more about it since.

Mikell

Dipshit Know-Nothing
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Do it.

I've been wanting to rent or buy one (Walmart rental style) for monthes.

Moses of Palm Beac

Hello world, i have been producing high quality resin from my bubble bags using a hand-held concrete vibrator that can be found online ($89-$250). the bags, ice, and h2o ratios mostly stay the same. but instead of physically crushing and tearing the material it is jolted in place, side to side, add to that, random movement, the resins spherical shape and tendency to separate by density in water, and you have some of the cleanest bubble, and higher yields due to the extended run times credited to the decreased contamination rate over time. This method is entirely scale-able using industrial plastic or stainless, conical reservoirs with a drain valve on the bottom, similar to those you would find at a farm feed supply or brewery. stainless worked better for me. put the golden h2o valve on the bottom and with out emptying your system you can drain the good stuff incrementally, over time, for quality separation. don’t wait for the yellow h2o on top, you wont see it. you are NOT MIXING. The resin never moves up and around, just down. it will be waiting for you at the bottom where it belongs. oh and you hold the concrete vibrator to the side, you can experiment with various positions and mounts, however most of the yield results were similar, but holding it to the side of a stainless feed res in a walk in freezer gave this guy a yield and quality so far separated from my personal experience, it left me choice but to scream it from the highest roof top to all who would listen. I am very pleased to see the the development in this industry over the last decade, especially the focus on clean medicine. You all deserve a big pat on the back.

Quote from SkunkPharm, in the comment section.

Babbabud

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Get the smallest one you can find .. the large one is way too much for a five gallon bucket

bloyd

Veteran
Thanks for that mikell! that is the original comment I saw.

Have you tried this then babba?

I have an old stainless vacuum insulated water dispenser that would keep things contained and cool. I figured I would put the vibrator on the outside buzzing and shaking everything good.

Dropped Cat

Six Gummi Bears and Some Scotch
Veteran
What about using a brass vibrating bins/tumblers like firearms reloaders use to clean used brass cartridges?

Got me thinking the same thing, for smaller runs.

Cheap enough to get one and try it, I have some
mesh already for straining, I'll let you know in a couple weeks.

Babbabud

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
yup

yup

I can see someone putting a large one in a 5 gal. pail. Poof!! All the water and material is plastered all over the place, in and on everything but the bucket, lmao!!

Yup you got that right ....FAIL ... never tried the small one.

ChaosCatalunya

5.2 club is now 8.1 club...
Veteran
I think the thing you really want for cold water extraction is Ultrasonics

There is already a German company producing Ultrasonic Resin Separator

Ultrasonics are used to clean Dental tools, mechanics use Ultrasonic to get the hardest dirt off things.. it may even be that we do not need cold water if we run Ultrasonics... This could be "warm water extraction" as the effects of cold water might well be bettered by ultrasound

Anybody got reports ?

https://www.hielscher.com/fast-simple-ultrasonic-cannabis-extraction.htm

brown_thumb

I think the thing you really want for cold water extraction is Ultrasonics

There is already a German company producing Ultrasonic Resin Separator

Ultrasonics are used to clean Dental tools, mechanics use Ultrasonic to get the hardest dirt off things.. it may even be that we do not need cold water if we run Ultrasonics... This could be "warm water extraction" as the effects of cold water might well be bettered by ultrasound

Anybody got reports ?

https://www.hielscher.com/fast-simple-ultrasonic-cannabis-extraction.htm

Could one use a machine like that for super-chilled ethanol (Everclear + dry ice) extractions too?

bloyd

Veteran
I remember Sam saying he used an ultrasonic cleaner to dissolve sift in ethanol.

Good link on the brass cleaner wasn't familiar with that item/process

Dropped Cat

Veteran
How long can the buds be in water anyway I wonder.

When I do the blender hash/drain buds be immersed
maybe 5 minutes.

With ultrasound timer units they go up to 30 minutes cycle,
I don't want to ruin it, but I guess I could do a mini batch at
max and dial the time of immersion down.

Babbabud

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Longer the buds sit in the water the more chlorophyll they will collect. Most the bubble hash I make these days gets pressed through 25u bags with a little heat and becomes rosin :)

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Longer the buds sit in the water the more chlorophyll they will collect. Most the bubble hash I make these days gets pressed through 25u bags with a little heat and becomes rosin :)

Do you find that pressing later, makes chlorophyll pickup less critical?

Dropped Cat

Veteran

Good to know, the buds I hash are cured a while,
not much chlorophyll

ChaosCatalunya

Veteran
People who make it "enthusiastically" are convinced that fresh frozen is the best tasting of all, they are making dry sift with the first touches, in a minus 25 degree environment, then fresh frozen ice o lator, the first dry sift sells out at double the price of "normal" ice hash, exquisite flavours

The German machine seems to be totally aimed at Pharmaceutical manifacturing, the bad news, it is not available for us tomorrow, the good news, it does work... the idea is valid, ultrasonics can separate resin like mesh and iced water

ChaosCatalunya

Veteran
what goes for more, top dry sift or top rosin?

Fresh frozen dry sift is the current top baby, goes for more than the same thing conventionally dried, then dry sifted

Roisin I do not really know about, people here prefer hashes to extractions, currently.

Latest posts

Latest posts