What's new

Marijuana Running Shoes

Tudo

Troublemaker
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I don't wear running shoes or sneakers etc. I do wear sperry topsiders though and if they produce a cannabis topsider........yups I'd buy a pair :)

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
I'll take a pair of hemp Wellington Boots - if anyone see's any on offer - excellent for sloshing around in puddles.

I don't wear running shoes or sneakers etc. I do wear sperry topsiders though and if they produce a cannabis topsider........yups I'd buy a pair :)

FrostAie

how does hemp hold up to water say running in a wet field for most of your training? I know synthetics work ok but not sure past hemp wood being useful

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
Hemp was used for rope on ships, so I would assume it should hold up well. I'm not sure how often it would be replaced.

mean mr.mustard

I Pass Satellites
Veteran
Considering the fact that we used to use rain and dew to get the fiber I'm going to guess that means it will be somewhat water-resistant.

I should say that the longer it sits retting the worse it will be.

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
Im trying to find a link. I think they had to replace the hemp often that was getting wet regularly.
But that was salt water from ocean. Not to much salt in few on a field

SolarLogos

I've been wearing hemp loafers for years, the lightest and most comfortable shoes I've ever worn. They are only around $30, fair trade and made in a village in Thailand. I order them and "prime" sends them in 2 days free shipping. If you like topsiders, you would love these.
Peace, God bless

Ringodoggie

Premium user
Not to get too far off topic but if you want a really awesome running shoe, the Brooks Adrenaline is incredible. I bought a pair and they were so comfortable, I bought 2 more pairs (different styles).

I do about 5 miles a day when weather permits and I totally love these shoes. I'm not a big picture guy but this view was pretty nice. Took this shot on a hike a couple days ago....

Attachments

• lookout.jpg
    lookout.jpg
    124 KB · Views: 49

SolarLogos

I had Hemp shoes twenty years ago and oddly enough they didn't last long like expected - Chinese Hemp 😆
how does hemp hold up to water say running in a wet field for most of your training? I know synthetics work ok but not sure past hemp wood being useful
My hemp shoes and leather sandals are the only things I wear on my feet and I usually have to order a new pair once a year, they are really durable and made well. I cannot wear socks or shoes that have narrow toes, because it pinches a nerve in my toe when I walk, but these hemp shoes are the only shoe I've found that is comfortable and since can't wear socks, they are very breathable.
I don't know about running shoes, but my loafers are not water poof, the material is like a canvas material, but they can probably be sprayed with a water proofing material.
Peace, God bless

Peace, God bless