What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

-RASTAFARI-

Ioni Botani

"Empress" Gentleman

Yeah, man....love this song for a long time now.... lately can't stop spinning the Groundation EP with Don Carlos and the Gladiators....Jah bless!

Yes King!!! Groundation is some good shit. Got to see em live and THAT was some good shit....no Don tho...I was kinda bummed. It was at a festival however and I wouldn't expect the Don to come rough it wit de likes a we... :tiphat:

They had some good female backup singers to sing his parts however...that much needed ethnic crunch.

Groundation Live

TapRoot.

Ioni Botani

Pinch feat. Rudey Lee - Step 2 It

"Whenever you may go to a dance
You don't always wanna jump and prance
Sometimes you wanna meditate on the vibe
While stepping from your left to your right"

^^My view of dubstep, and it's much needed influence in clubs across the globe..

Nuff said however, I'll direct all BASScapades to the Bassheads page... :D

Bless up!

IonI

InJoy

Phatt Track...Big Respekt Ioni :rasta:

Given me a different view of the term dubstep, thats why i hate labels, it's all jus Music innit:dance013:

Phatt Track...Big Respekt Ioni :rasta:

Given me a different view of the term dubstep, thats why i hate labels, it's all jus Music innit:dance013:

yeah, i no longer think dubstep is whack. thank Ioni

Bless Up ICMassive! Smoke em if you got em! Bless the holy cup! CHALICE!

Gebr'el

Blessed love my bredren....dont know if this has been mentioned for listening ...
Hugh Mandell
Don Carlos
Augustus Pablo (dub in the highest degree!)
Johnny Clarke
Keith Hudson (dub)
Garnett Silk (can never leave out Garnette)
Prince Alla
The Abbassinians

Some "old" school angels that ran the vinyl days.

Ras= prince or head - Tafari = Creator *pre coronation
Haile = power of - Sellassie = The Holy Trinity *upon coronation (Ethiopian Orthodox Church and State was one entity)
The only King to ever been given this title. Hence Haile Sellassie 1st......blessed love

Haile Gebr'el
(power of the angel Gabriel)

Jah Rastafari perfect love to all mi Bredrens and Sistrens

Last edited:

InJoy

Yes Mi Lion :rasta:

Nice Riddems Nice day out, Nature Rocks...

Your dog looks like a Good Friend...

Thanks n Respekt

EddieShoestring

Florist
Veteran
lush Pinch choon Ioni-

he's from my area-checkout the Bristol dub/step scene-loads of large fuzzy bass

here's a pic of Aswad in Bristol last year

Misty in ROOOOOOTS

cheers
eddieS

sac beh

Hey friends,

I'm wondering what your opinions of Buju Banton are. I like a lot of his stuff, and his newest Before the Dawn is one of his best, back to basics albums.

I try not to judge a person's music based on their personal failures, especially when caught up in the drug war. He's currently awaiting his next trial (after a mistrial) in Feb 2011 for conspiracy to traffic cocaine. The fact that Stephen Marley paid his bail and Buju will be allowed to perform in January is inspiring to me.

Again, personal failures aside, he makes good music.

peace

T

theJointedOne

Much Raspect and Blessing Itinually.

great thread.

Give Thanks

Latest posts

Latest posts