What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Quit Alcohol - Support Thread

shithawk420

Veteran
I apologize for going off.it sucks.pot doesn't help me anymore. No it's a long story but I didn't have insurance and red cross wouldn't help me.told me to fuck myself.the fire didn't totally take the house.just enough to legally live.should be condemned

Cuddles

I apologize for going off.it sucks.pot doesn't help me anymore. No it's a long story but I didn't have insurance and red cross wouldn't help me.told me to fuck myself.the fire didn't totally take the house.just enough to legally live.should be condemned
never mind the red cross. I´m sure there´s other places you can get some sort of help from. Maybe you can get a free fridge or a go to a food bank or whatever? check the internet for help organisations, even private ones.
what about your local social services - official housing services or whatever. Does this sort of thing not exist where you´re located? are you eligible for unemployment money?
don´t give up, mate. I´m sure there is help out there for you somewhere! (y)

Shua1991

June of last year I harvested some "chicken of the woods" fungus from an oak tree near me.

One of my favorite foods, tastes like chicken, has chicken texture too. My issue is that I was spiraling into alcoholism and depression from chronic lymes disease that doctors refused to treat for years, and had settled with alcohol as a day to day distraction from my worsening condition, and as an alcoholic, I drank with every meal.
MG_2175-768x512.jpg

This mushroom occasionally produces high amounts of coprine(aldehydedehydrogenase inhibitor) which blocks an enzyme that helps your body break down alcohol. Its similar to "antabuse" or alcoholism medicine which triggers an immediate hangovers upon alcohol consumption.

Coprine is many times more powerful a enzyme blocker than Disulfiram(antabuse) and is organically produced by fungus, likely as a defense mechanism.

Coprine is also produced by "Inkcap" mushrooms or "coprinus atramentarius" aka "tipplers bane" because it can kill you when combined with alcohol.

I ate about 1/2 lb of this mushroom in a delicious chicken parmesan dinner with red wine and went to sleep.

I woke up about 2 hours later with cold sweats, aches and spasms going up my spine, flushed face and everything was inflamed, like a hangover from hell.

I could feel a tingling/numbness like your hand or leg falling asleep, except it was traveling all over my body like a demonic possession was happening. I'm a strict materialist so I don't believe in the supernatural, but what I experienced was alot like being visited by demonic influence, it felt torturous for hours, my roommate gave me some alcaseltzer gold and glutathione to help with detoxification, and both worked wonders.

Ever since that day I haven't touched a drop of alcohol.

I also learned that American doctors have been overprescribing antibiotics to the degree that many refuse to prescribe them for lyme disease if it's late infection.

They just let ya die.

America.

I learned in 2022 that disulfiram, the very antabuse previously mentioned is actually the most effective drug at killing borrelia burgdorferi, the bacteria responsible for lyme's disease. Whe not an actual "antibiotic" it is the most effective at killing the bacteria when compared to every other antibiotic medication currently prescribed for the illness/Infection.

After learning this I've gotten myself on disulfiram, and I now have no choice but to avoid alcohol in all its forms(even in soaps/toothpaste, vinegar, sanitizers).

My life depends on this medication(it fucking works!) so I'll be using it for another 4-5 months, which is safer than using antibiotics for extended periods of time.

I'm ever grateful to this wonderful fungus for steering me to a place of recovery and hopeful nights rest.

I intend to spend the rest of my life eradicating this disease and helping others like myself.

in about 4 mobths a group of investors(myself included) are purchasing property in upstate new york, turning it into a commune/treatment center for lyme's disease and potentially an academy for studying local ecology and the potential medicinal productivity of wild funguses and medical cannabis.

I've been studying coprine and it's potential against lyme bacteria, we plan to farm mushrooms and cannabis for these purposes.

I want to build robots/drones to comb through fields and to collect the ticks that spread the disease. I think a fur coating/hair scraps/sweat/pheromones will be required to attract them somehow. Lots of stuff to keep the mind off detrimental aspects of life, which tends to get people to chase the bottle to begin with.

Find a support group, build one if you don't have one, alcohol is a crutch, not a support system.

Shua1991

Guess how disulfiram was discovered to cure lyme disease?

Fucking homeless shelters in upstate New York required all residents to be on antabuse if they were recieving housing during early covid pandemic!

They made sure all the homeless alcoholics who got housing were on antabuse, many of whom were living in tents in the woods bitten up by ticks and contracted the disease.

Many of these homeless men were so far degraded that they couldn't hold a job anymore, were showing signs of dementia/alzheimers and chronic inflammation/arthritis and were going to be put on disability.

After a few months of medicating with disulfiram a bunch of the homeless/sheltered were showing signs of recovery.

2 residents of the shelter after 6 months showed no signs of the disease in blood tests, they were cured.

Cuddles

June of last year I harvested some "chicken of the woods" fungus from an oak tree near me.

One of my favorite foods, tastes like chicken, has chicken texture too. My issue is that I was spiraling into alcoholism and depression from chronic lymes disease that doctors refused to treat for years, and had settled with alcohol as a day to day distraction from my worsening condition, and as an alcoholic, I drank with every meal.
View attachment 18726050
This mushroom occasionally produces high amounts of coprine(aldehydedehydrogenase inhibitor) which blocks an enzyme that helps your body break down alcohol. Its similar to "antabuse" or alcoholism medicine which triggers an immediate hangovers upon alcohol consumption.

Coprine is many times more powerful a enzyme blocker than Disulfiram(antabuse) and is organically produced by fungus, likely as a defense mechanism.

Coprine is also produced by "Inkcap" mushrooms or "coprinus atramentarius" aka "tipplers bane" because it can kill you when combined with alcohol.

I ate about 1/2 lb of this mushroom in a delicious chicken parmesan dinner with red wine and went to sleep.

I woke up about 2 hours later with cold sweats, aches and spasms going up my spine, flushed face and everything was inflamed, like a hangover from hell.

I could feel a tingling/numbness like your hand or leg falling asleep, except it was traveling all over my body like a demonic possession was happening. I'm a strict materialist so I don't believe in the supernatural, but what I experienced was alot like being visited by demonic influence, it felt torturous for hours, my roommate gave me some alcaseltzer gold and glutathione to help with detoxification, and both worked wonders.

Ever since that day I haven't touched a drop of alcohol.

I also learned that American doctors have been overprescribing antibiotics to the degree that many refuse to prescribe them for lyme disease if it's late infection.

They just let ya die.

America.

I learned in 2022 that disulfiram, the very antabuse previously mentioned is actually the most effective drug at killing borrelia burgdorferi, the bacteria responsible for lyme's disease. Whe not an actual "antibiotic" it is the most effective at killing the bacteria when compared to every other antibiotic medication currently prescribed for the illness/Infection.

After learning this I've gotten myself on disulfiram, and I now have no choice but to avoid alcohol in all its forms(even in soaps/toothpaste, vinegar, sanitizers).

My life depends on this medication(it fucking works!) so I'll be using it for another 4-5 months, which is safer than using antibiotics for extended periods of time.

I'm ever grateful to this wonderful fungus for steering me to a place of recovery and hopeful nights rest.

I intend to spend the rest of my life eradicating this disease and helping others like myself.

in about 4 mobths a group of investors(myself included) are purchasing property in upstate new york, turning it into a commune/treatment center for lyme's disease and potentially an academy for studying local ecology and the potential medicinal productivity of wild funguses and medical cannabis.

I've been studying coprine and it's potential against lyme bacteria, we plan to farm mushrooms and cannabis for these purposes.

I want to build robots/drones to comb through fields and to collect the ticks that spread the disease. I think a fur coating/hair scraps/sweat/pheromones will be required to attract them somehow. Lots of stuff to keep the mind off detrimental aspects of life, which tends to get people to chase the bottle to begin with.

Find a support group, build one if you don't have one, alcohol is a crutch, not a support system.
thanks,what an interesting post! :)
could it be that you slightly overdosed on the mushroom? Sounds like the most dreadful experience - I mean bloody scary!!

Shua1991

thanks,what an interesting post! :)
could it be that you slightly overdosed on the mushroom? Sounds like the most dreadful experience - I mean bloody scary!!
On its own the mushroom is perfectly edible, the coprine inside mixed with alcohol= awful potentially fatal hangover.

shithawk420

Veteran
It´s been a while since you mentioned the house burning down and to be honest, I had hoped/assumed that you´d found a new place by now :( That´s really shit.
Are there no social services or anything else such as charity organisations you can turn to?

I kinda know how you feel cause I´ve been through tons of shit and nobody really gave a f*ck about me either (and they still don´t) and I know that drinking seems to help for a couple of hours but I also know that this is not really gonna solve any problems ( I wish it had!).thank CG.yeah I tried asking red cross for help.the woman was surprisingly rude and didn't get any help.no insurance.im done with stoves so I'll probably buy an air fryer.wish I had something to eat.its just easier to drink my calories.i know I gotta quit.expensive too.sorry for my ramblings.been tough lately and it looks like I'm gonna be letting a friend stay for awhile and he's a vodka drinker.i don't want him drinking around me

Latest posts

Latest posts