What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Rosin edibles?

methias

Not long ago I broke down and got a 4 ton DabPress.
I've been playing around with some La Confidential, vaping more than I save, and it's amazing.
I love dabbing freshly heat pressed rosin but I want it all.
I want to make edibles with it.
I'm gonna decarb in ziplock bags submerged in 200 degree water as my sou vide maintaines a stable temperature for about 90 minutes.
So, pot in bag in water in pot with my sou vide + 90 minutes.
Next I press and I have decarboxylated rosin.

(Edit)
Don't try decarboxylation before pressing.
My bad idea!

Here's a pic of rosin pressed 2 days ago.

These 3 wafers (now 2) are the kind of product I want to bake into brownies, cookies, and more.
What's your opinion on using butter, vegetable oil, bacon fat, or whatever to use heat pressed rosin to bake into.

I wanna know what you've tried, how it tasted, how did it work?

I'm still 2+ weeks away from harvest and I plan on decarbing then pressing it. All 3 La Confidential for rosin. :jump:

So boys and girls open up grandma's cookbook and let's hear your infusion techniques for rosin.

BTW all the things I do above, I learned from you here.
Thank you:tiphat:

Vape on kids

Last edited:

Ringodoggie

Premium user
420giveaway
For whatever it's worth, I press first and then decarb the rosin. Never tried vice versa. I'll have to give it a shot. Souse vide is about the only way that would work. Decarbing it in an oven would probably dry it out too much to get an effective press.

I use nothing but rosin for edibles and I also love my DabPress 4 ton mini press. LOL

I generally just infuse with coconut oil and use that for whatever recipe. My tolerance issues are high so I make capsules from it more than actual edibles. I still have not determined the most effective ratio of rosin to coconut oil but I usually use 50/50. Probably should be more coconut oil but it gets too weak for me fast.

Also, you can mix the rosin with coconut oil and then use maltodextrin to make it water soluble. Now, you have a water soluble rosin that has fast onset and short duration (more like smoking than edibles).

Rosin is definitely fun to experiment with.

Enjoy

methias

Decarboxylation

Decarboxylation

Hi again people.
I harvested one of my Judies (La Confidential).
I pressed (after drying) 10 grams and got 1.5 grams of rosin.
I'm new at this so I imagine as I dial it in (time, temp, pressure) my output will improve.
Right now I have the balance of Judy in a 2 gallon ziplock freezer bag, decarbing in 185 degree water using my sou vide. She's spending the next 90 minutes in there and then off to the press.
I've not yet tried to dissolve the rosin into canola oil, but that's my next step.

If successful, it will be brownie time.
:dance013:
I'll try to get pics.

Vape on kids

methias

Fail,. Mostly

Fail,. Mostly

I'm back.
No more decarbing before pressing. It reduced rosin yield by over 70%.:comfort:

However the rosin I got dissolved easily in warmed canola oil and the brownies ( mini muffin size) taste and stone really well.

Next time I think I'll press first and decarb in a mason jar that I will pull a vaccum down to 27" hg and sou vide that assembly for ninety minutes.

I have another Judy coming out of the flower cabinet any time now. I'll do better with her.
Vape on kids
:tiphat:

Ringodoggie

Premium user
420giveaway
When I decarb my rosin I simply place it in an over at 240F or on a hotplate at about 200F and wait for the bubbles to mostly stop (signifying completion of decarb).

I usually just have my rosin in a glass beaker when decarbing.

From there, to infuse into oil, I add whatever oil (usually coconut) to the beaker and run another 10 minutes or so at 170F while stirring every few minutes.

methias

For whatever it's worth, I press first and then decarb the rosin. Never tried vice versa. I'll have to give it a shot.

Don't try decarboxylation before pressing.
My bad idea!
And thank you, I plan to decarb the harvested rosin from now on instead.

Vape on kids

Latest posts

Latest posts