What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

FC4800 vs SP6500 - what to get?

v1ru5

Hey guys,

I have had a bit of a pause from growing.

Now getting back on the saddle.

I am trying to decide between Mars Hydro FC4800 and SP6500. EDITED NOTE: I DO NOT HAVE A TENT YET

The SP6500 would fit in a rectangular tent, which would be kind of better for the space the tent is going to be in.

BUT! Here is the but; The space can easily fit a square tent too, which would be better for FC4800.

The only thing that even makes me wonder about whether to get the SP6500 and put it into a rectangular tent is that then it would line up with other furniture in the room better, as the square shaped tent would "stick out" a bit. Aesthetics.... :D

What are your thoughts or input? Anything helps! :thank you:

P.S. I have tried to search a lot but it seems these lights are so new that there is very few diaries / etc around.:moon:

Last edited:

vanilla dutch

From what i see alot of people on icmag use mars hydro leds with a high success rate. Mars hydro led is always posting bomb ass photos of their lights. Ive never used one yet. But personally i would recommend them just based off of icmag customers.

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
fc4800...

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
picture.php
[/FONT]

v1ru5

Vanilla Dutch: I have used Mars Hydro before, the question was not about whether I will purchase or not - merely one about "which one to purchase" :)

Unclefishstick: I do not access to such vast amount of space. Looking good though. :)

DiverDave

Mars FC 6500

Mars FC 6500

I have the FC 6500 in my 5x5 it fits nice and very bright, my 4 pots are very happy.

What size is your tent, you did not mention that as of yet.

picture.php

I would love to show top picture but I can not get in tent to the top to do anything but a blind shot and hope one comes out.

picture.php

Good luck on your decision.

DD

v1ru5

I don't have a tent yet, maybe I should have made it more clear in the beginning post. Will edit it now.

I will buy the tent and the light, but just wondering about things that make me wonder, and looking for some inputs and opinions from the internet :)

Was just thinking about the shape. I will probably get a 1x1 meter one if I end up deciding to go square, and 120x60 if rectangular.

I know both lights are a bit overkill for those spaces, but I don't need to run them at 100% as they have a built in dimmer, resulting in a longer life for the light itself.

Last edited:

DiverDave

I totally agree, I am at 75% dimmer on mine and the controller is located outside of my tent.
The temps are lower than anything I have run before.

I can not tell you how pleased I am with this light.
I may become a rep. hahaha

Good luck with your choices.
I did a specs comparison and the QB types blow because they have a hot spot right in the middle and fall off the light scale at the outer edges.
Bar lights get great penetration and do not loose on the corners or have that hot spot in the center.

DD

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
These are nice!!!!! I'm really like the SP series and know you couldn't go wrong. But wow uncle that 4800 and grow is needing some props, hats off looks nice

Mars Hydro Led

Grow on Earth Grow with Mars
Vendor
I don't have a tent yet, maybe I should have made it more clear in the beginning post. Will edit it now.

I will buy the tent and the light, but just wondering about things that make me wonder, and looking for some inputs and opinions from the internet :)

Was just thinking about the shape. I will probably get a 1x1 meter one if I end up deciding to go square, and 120x60 if rectangular.

I know both lights are a bit overkill for those spaces, but I don't need to run them at 100% as they have a built in dimmer, resulting in a longer life for the light itself.

Hi Buddy, your idea is correct. If you dim the FC4800 or SP6500 some, you still can use them in 3x3ft or 120x60.

You can purchase the link from our official website directly. https://bit.ly/30DesD0

Coupon code"ICMAG" :tiphat:

gianc0

Hey guys,

I have had a bit of a pause from growing.

Now getting back on the saddle.

I am trying to decide between Mars Hydro FC4800 and SP6500. EDITED NOTE: I DO NOT HAVE A TENT YET

The SP6500 would fit in a rectangular tent, which would be kind of better for the space the tent is going to be in.

BUT! Here is the but; The space can easily fit a square tent too, which would be better for FC4800.

The only thing that even makes me wonder about whether to get the SP6500 and put it into a rectangular tent is that then it would line up with other furniture in the room better, as the square shaped tent would "stick out" a bit. Aesthetics.... :D

What are your thoughts or input? Anything helps! :thank you:

P.S. I have tried to search a lot but it seems these lights are so new that there is very few diaries / etc around.:moon:

ciao v1ru5

io ho un dubbio opposto al tuo, ovvero, ho gia il box da 1x1 metro e non ho ancora le idee chiare su quale led prendere ...
le opzioni sono
fc 3000 ma mi sembra un po piccola

Mars Hydro TS 3000
Sarebbe ideale come copertura anzi oure eccessiva dovrei usarla dimerando un po la potenza

o anche valuto 2 sp 150 di forma fettangolare da accopoiare e farle lavorare vicine ....

consigli su vostre esperienze ? 😀

Mars Hydro Led

Grow on Earth Grow with Mars
Vendor
a Viru5, potrebbe scegliere TS3000. Lo stesso motivo per ottenere una copertura migliore. Direi la stessa cosa se consideri di più sulla copertura.