What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

grow tent advice please

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
I have problems with duct tape and the regular foil tape, but I found that the thicker cold weather foil tape with the rubberized backing works great for covering holes inside.

Loc Dog

Hobbies include "drinkin', smokin' weed, and all k
Veteran
I tried gorilla tape, which usually sticks to anything, and falls right off outside of tent. Morons that made the tent put in inspection windows, with flaps that cover, which are nothing but an invitation to light leaking problems. Thinking maybe some roofing tape, unless anyone else has ideas. Maybe epoxy a sheet of panda film right to the material.

ridoo

tape wont stay long, use plumbing silicone, it's cheap, easy to use and harmless to plants, this or shoe glue All Star, it's made for repair skateboard shoes, easy to use also, harmless to plants, but the All Star glue is not available everywhere I agree...

This is helpful for learning about and comparing LEDs.

https://www.cocoforcannabis.com/grow-light-guide/

Yeah, that site has some really good info and does a great job explaining what to look for in an LED.

at that budget just for the light i think i'll stick with the hps method lol
at least i know what i'm doing with that
i'm just a complete novice with led
what does one look for in an led light?

IMO, the only reason to go with an LED is if you're having issues with temps or you're getting new equipment and have the money to spend.

I gave away all my old equipment and, with my state moving towards legalization, I thought I would go ahead and build a cabinet for herbs and tomatoes, then switch over to cannabis once it becomes legal to do so. I picked up a Viparspectra XS1500 for a good price and will probably get another one with my next paycheck, so I can have lighting for both 2'x2' chambers of my cabinet.

My reason for going with LED was because of the drastically reduced heat emission. That means less CFM exhaust needed/no need for a cool tube setup and it just makes things easier for my specific situation.