What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Wild Nebraska hemp street views

shithawk420

Veteran
Why destroy them? Oh yeah it's your human nature

Unless you live and work here you have no idea how it works here.our crops,the least of all weed and hemp run our economy.namely corn and soybeans.so we have to be very selective how we use our land.we let every little weed or plant get in the way we don't get crops and no money.farming is no joke.just throwing it out there.its good discussion guys

johnnybhang

Not to mention unless you grow it or own acres of land in the country your going on someone else's property to chop it.this is a great thread.it pertains to my situation perfectly
I have heard there are many people that own acres of land with wild hemp on it. Also what about river bottoms and public right of ways? Could be a good time to take samples and see what percentage of cbd these have?

'Boogieman'

I have heard there are many people that own acres of land with wild hemp on it. Also what about river bottoms and public right of ways? Could be a good time to take samples and see what percentage of cbd these have?

It grows along railroad tracks, creeks and rivers, irrigation ditches, and occasionally in bramble patches in wooded areas that get decent sun. It has a very deep root system and can go long periods without rain but with that said it loves water.

shithawk420

Veteran
sorry but I'm having a hard time with the other pic of that bud broken up but if you look closely you can see seeds

G.O. Joe

Veteran
Also what about river bottoms and public right of ways? Could be a good time to take samples and see what percentage of cbd these have?

DEA pays counties to eradicate on all land not private and it's actually rarely seen in ditches now. It is late for ditchweed. Mostly 2-3%.

What would be interesting to test would be how similar the thread subject is genetically to Indiana ditchweed, which may have some of the later Chinese gene pool introduced to the KY area. This is the remnant of a ~1890 twine operation.

shithawk420

Veteran
I'm not gonna lie,I haven't seen any ditch weed in a while but something pollinated the hell out of our plants.i promise you guys if I find one next year ill take some buds off and smoke it.i gotta get a new ATV to play around with anyway.might be fun but I'll probably just get a headache

johnnybhang

DEA pays counties to eradicate on all land not private and it's actually rarely seen in ditches now. It is late for ditchweed. Mostly 2-3%.

What would be interesting to test would be how similar the thread subject is genetically to Indiana ditchweed, which may have some of the later Chinese gene pool introduced to the KY area. This is the remnant of a ~1890 twine operation.

A lot of the Nebraska Platte river hemp looks like it could have come straight from himalayan areas. The Fremont area is loaded with it still.

shithawk420

Veteran
When I seen it last these were huge monster budded plants.i thought I hit pay dirt when I was a kid.but yeah they were big and obviously more hardy as normal plants.its been a while but I do remember a different taste and smell.more darker green if that makes sense

johnnybhang

When I seen it last these were huge monster budded plants.i thought I hit pay dirt when I was a kid.but yeah they were big and obviously more hardy as normal plants.its been a while but I do remember a different taste and smell.more darker green if that makes sense

There was a book I read that said old time hemp harvesters used to know how and when to harvest the buds to make cigarettes. Must have been good enough to make it worth their while.

armedoldhippy

Veteran
they wanted to aerial spray & kill the wild hemp in some places a few years back. the state Game & Fish folks sued them in federal court & stopped the plan because of the value the hemp had for wildlife there as cover & food. quail and pheasant were the primary beneficiaries, and are very valuable to those states economies with hunters spending millions of dollars on hotels, licenses, food, gas etc.

armedoldhippy

Veteran
It grows along railroad tracks, creeks and rivers, irrigation ditches, and occasionally in bramble patches in wooded areas that get decent sun. It has a very deep root system and can go long periods without rain but with that said it loves water.
it was literally everywhere around Rantoul Illinois. birds shit the seeds everywhere. saw it growing in flowerbeds in middle of town, coming up between the rails, it was crazy. they've decommissioned Chanute these days...shit grew on base along the runways there. it crawled with ringnecks...

Latest posts

Latest posts