What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

A dark web police sting led to 179 arrests and 500 kilograms of drugs seized

MindEater

Called Operation DisrupTor, the sting was led by Germany's Federal Criminal Police but also involved US law enforcement agencies including the FBI, Europol, and the Dutch National Police.

https://www.businessinsider.com/dark-web-police-sting-leads-to-179-arrests-2020-9

Someone once told me Bitcoin was created by the government to launder the sales of seized drugs and that Tor was handed over around version 3.5. Looks like at least 1/3 of the world's conspiracy theories come true.

How else? Either the sellers are busting purchasers, bitcoin is being tracked or Tor isn't secure.

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
The small amount of drugs they seized will not make any difference in overdoses or anything really. The cops and snitches, political whores get paid and less freedom for the taxpayers who fund this stupid crap.

Siever

Veteran
The small amount of drugs they seized will not make any difference in overdoses or anything really. The cops and snitches, political whores get paid and less freedom for the taxpayers who fund this stupid crap.

It depends on which drugs they seized. If the seize a large amount of heroin, 2 weeks later the quality goes down a lot for at least a week. How long depends on how large the seize was.

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
^^ If the quality goes down for a while, the addict or user gets used to that. Later when more potent heroin comes thru the overdose occurs. Not following your logic.

X

xavier7995

Called Operation DisrupTor, the sting was led by Germany's Federal Criminal Police but also involved US law enforcement agencies including the FBI, Europol, and the Dutch National Police.

https://www.businessinsider.com/dark-web-police-sting-leads-to-179-arrests-2020-9

Someone once told me Bitcoin was created by the government to launder the sales of seized drugs and that Tor was handed over around version 3.5. Looks like at least 1/3 of the world's conspiracy theories come true.

How else? Either the sellers are busting purchasers, bitcoin is being tracked or Tor isn't secure.

Tor isn't secure. Its been a long time since I looked but I recall that law enforcement had control over enough exit nodes to defeat the anonymity. I think it all came to light during the silk road days.

...or I could be hopped up on goofballs

G.O. Joe

Veteran
When using Tor, you can see the IP's in the chain and how especially the first might always be the same, and they go to a predictable and sometimes exclusive club of nodes. There was a bit of an event for a week on it some months ago. The question is how does someone become one of these trusted nodes and who are they. But it's very possible that a lot of these people were contacts or buyers identified from previous busts and the only connection to Tor here is to fulfill LE's goal of making people fear participating in these sales.

George

edibles definitely aren't a good idea for treating anxiety

Works for me. Everyone is different.

There is the variable of tolerance here. Edibles for a new user trying to treat anything is gonna be a bad time though, yea.

f-e

Mentor
Veteran

There is the variable of tolerance here. Edibles for a new user trying to treat anything is gonna be a bad time though, yea.

It would depend on the weed used, more than the method of consuming it.

Subu

I'm great at handling edibles and have a moderate/high tolerance.

I should have expanded further - in my experience I've had multiple times where I've experienced pretty noticable mental health changes a few days after consuming edibles. I.e. just feeling almost excessively mentally unwell [depression] despite otherwise being in a better state mentally and being able to tell the difference. I think they are definitely best avoided from a brain chemistry perspective if you're in a bad way psychologically at the time. I don't get the same effect from flowers.

bigtacofarmer

Veteran
edibles definitely aren't a good idea for treating anxiety

Different strains for different pains. Depending on what strains are used you can end up with a narcotic like pain killing buzz, euphoria, paranoid, trippy and even borderline Schizophrenic episode. Just depends on which herbs and amount used.

Subu

Different strains for different pains. Depending on what strains are used you can end up with a narcotic like pain killing buzz, euphoria, paranoid, trippy and even borderline Schizophrenic episode. Just depends on which herbs and amount used.

Not really, I assert that edibles aren't suitable for treating almost any mental illness. Didn't say anything about other health issues.

bigtacofarmer

Veteran
Not really, I assert that edibles aren't suitable for treating almost any mental illness. Didn't say anything about other health issues.

So are you claiming to be an expert on the subject or just assuming your personal experience is enough to tell the rest of the world what does or does not work?

Personally I feel I have had enough personal experience to say you are wrong.

I agree that edibles are definitely not suited for lots of situations and certain people.

But between different strain combinations and potency there is a huge spectrum of possible effects.
Everything from feeling like you took narcotics for pain to the effects of a cup of coffee. Could be slightly antidepressant or be like a mild psychotic break. And everything in between. I have been stuck to the floor for a whole day and I have had it be as visually impressive as a high dose lsd trip.

The possibilities are endless.

Subu

So are you claiming to be an expert on the subject or just assuming your personal experience is enough to tell the rest of the world what does or does not work?

Personally I feel I have had enough personal experience to say you are wrong.

I agree that edibles are definitely not suited for lots of situations and certain people.

But between different strain combinations and potency there is a huge spectrum of possible effects.
Everything from feeling like you took narcotics for pain to the effects of a cup of coffee. Could be slightly antidepressant or be like a mild psychotic break. And everything in between. I have been stuck to the floor for a whole day and I have had it be as visually impressive as a high dose lsd trip.

The possibilities are endless.

Yes, I am confident that 11-Hydroxy-THC has minor short term subconscious impacts on a human's mental state. <-- Notice how broad my statement is and you might start to appreciate how I can draw such a conclusion

People like yourself ranting about "it depends on the strain man" like a surfer dude are failing to account for the fact that we're talking about a different chemical here, not the effects of cannabis through other means of consumption.

Similarly you wouldn't recommend drinking alcohol to treat depression.... My point is more one of common sense where it's clear edibles have the potential to affect one's mood even days after they are consumed. I still take them as often as I can get them and don't discourage people from using edibles, I was just clarifying it's clearly not a good idea to use edibles to treat mental illnesses..............

Lastly, to suggest 'the possibilities are endless' is claiming that you haven't attempted to discern the ACTUAL possibilities in this scenario but rather want to claim weed can be used for everything including opening magnetic doors???

Latest posts

Latest posts