What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Outdoor/indoor terrace grow

El Timbo

You're both welcome...

4 caribes have had a few days of 12/12 - nothing really of interest to photograph.

Famous last words and all that... a pic of the 2 taller Caribe plants - looking forward to seeing their flowers.

And another of the young clones in my indoor area - which receives indirect sunlight - I put them out today for their first day under direct sunlight and they are looking good.

I've decided to slow down my seed planting frenzy and alternate between seed grows and clone grows - otherwise what's the point in keeping clones? I probably have enough seeds to last me a couple of years at that rate so I really have to not buy any more.

Last edited:

brickweeder

Hey El Timbo, the lights from the building across the way, do they adversely affect your terrace flowering? I would have thought so, but if not, that is really good to know.

El Timbo

Thanks for the love imakandi...

brickweeder - I put the plants in a dark cupboard every night for flowering - next autumn/winter I might try leaving some out at night as an experiment.

6/6 for the seeds - I am so looking forward to smelling the Citra buds. I feel a bit sorry for the Caribes - for some reason I'm not bonding with them...we'll see. They could steal the show :) I think I read somewhere that it was Charlie's favourite smoke. Edit: In this thread he says it's a favourite personal smoke https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=206852 - I think I'd maybe rather be growing the pure Blue Mountain Jamaican... maybe that's where it's coming from.

Baby pic of the first Citra Paradiso

Last edited:

El Timbo

One of the Caribes at day 14 of 12/12 - they are all showing similar flower development and no interesting smells as yet.

The bluebonic seedling is looking somewhat mutant...

El Timbo

Early days for the Caribes - 22 days of 12/12. The 2 taller plants A & B are very similar and showing a decent amount of trichomes and a nice fruity aroma. D is also fruity and frosty but C is a late developer so far...

El Timbo

Seedlings.. the bluebonic is still deformed but has a nice strong red stem.

The citras are all a similar shade of pale green - this one has more rounded first leaves. The others are narrower and more pointed.

El Timbo

I have a new favourite Caribe - Caribe B, one of the 2 taller phenos. A and B are very similar to look at but B is winning in terms of aromas - she smells of trifle! :) a lovely mix of fruit and custard.

All 4 Caribes are looking like they will yield well - in fact they are ahead of the 3 clones - Dread Bread, Dawgs Bollocks and Malawi x Panama - which is impressive as they are from seed.

Last edited:

El Timbo

An interesting smoke report from a friend that I gave samples of the 3 strains to.

Malawi x Panama - he and his mate couldn't cope with it. Too racy for them.

Dawgs Bollocks - his favourite of the 3

Dread Bread - every time he smoked it - even just a couple of drags - he got a ringing in his ear. Never heard of that before.

For me the MxP is easily my favourite. Day time only though - and if I smoke before lunch it ruins my siesta :)

El Timbo

The 5 Citra Paradisos are doing well.

I had a little snorkelling excursion today after vaping some MxP - there were a few moments where time seemed to stop :).

With the Dread Bread I'm beginning to notice the effect of the afgani side.

El Timbo

Caribe B (my favourite so far) at 5 weeks of 12/12. They all have very dense buds. B has some lovely sweet aromas.

El Timbo

Had a good session with the dreadbread and the volcano last night - one of those where you don't think you are that high then you go out into the street and it hits you :). Good post-weightlifting weed, relaxing but not couchlock.

Confession time - bought more seeds... I had been looking at the thread on CBG Ghana and noticed that they were sold out on the CBG site but still available on another site - that was all I needed :).

Possible Durban/Ghana hybrid sometime in the future.

Last edited:

El Timbo

Caribe at day 45 - all the Caribes are growing fresh new pistils on top of the withered orange ones... I was worried at one point that they had been pollinated. Still very impressed with their production so far and I'm pleased to say that Caribe C has caught up with B in terms of trics and terps.

We're on full lockdown so I'm grateful for my south facing terrace and my dog (who gives me a valid reason to leave the house).

El Timbo

I feel a bit sorry for the Caribes - for some reason I'm not bonding with them...we'll see. They could steal the show :)

Yep... I'm loving them now - especially B. Obviously I have to wait for the vape test but I'm fairly sure that B will be the one.

El Timbo

Around 6 weeks veg for the Citras and the Bluebonic - the Citras are all doing very well and have some variation. The Bluebonic was topped to remove its deformed growth - very slow growing but healthy enough.

El Timbo

Let's not forget the 3 keepers - they are keepers for now but they will be facing stiff competition for their places.

The Malawi x Panama and the Dread Bread buds are still improving in the jars - I've been smoking the smallest first and enjoying them both. The dawgs bollocks is all finished - it's my least favourite of the 3.

Here they are at 8 weeks of 12/12

El Timbo

The 5 Citra Paradisos are growing vigorously - they've had some rain water followed by a couple of sunny days. The first pic shows a closer view of the 5 and the second was taken after I had numbered them I to V in order of branchiness. I is on the right and is the branchiest.

The bluebonic has also put on a growth spurt

Finally a group shot with the dawgs bollocks, Caribe A and the MxP in the background.

Last edited: