What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Diary Chimera strain mélange.

BabTaHerbless

Shall you pardon me Jahaze if i sneake in on this way.

obviously,can't say i handle weed as those true master 'round here do but... these FB remind me some of the most pleasant hash(moroccoan's way) i' ve ever get from a indoor crop. somebody else really much more involved on canna's world-chimera himself or F. from GH- shall say the same from the time i've humbly offer to them.

Have a try.

Starting from some true Chimera's batches I've had the pleasure to work with-none f2 or whatever can comes from it-,despite its complex genetic, to my experience it shows two basic main distinct pheno indeed. It's my personal opinion that burmese that Chim. has select bring a true balanced stability that is a true pleasure to grow.

all the best

Jahaze

subiendo el humo
Veteran
I would say self it to test for heterozygosity but I think the time for that has past...

If you have any of the remaining BH open pollination material you should keep it. I'm opening my pack in a couple months. Maybe we can work it further

Yeah that was part of the plan...i sowed 3 seeds, 2 came up but one was a runt and simply stalled so I culled it. I still have 5 seeds to give it another go. I'm moving onto the highland x bb next in hopes of creating some f2's for future use. Let us know how your adventure goes...

Jahaze

subiendo el humo
Veteran
BabTaHerbless, I agree with you regarding the fighting buddha. I found one that surprised me in terms of effect which was unexpected. Funny enough it was the plant I thought for sure would not get another go...just goes to show you don't really know till you smoke em. Welcome to icmag.

Jahaze

subiendo el humo
Veteran
Kalbhairav, that SLK terp profile is still changing with a kind of green banana smell at the moment. Touching the plant releases a nice piney smell with an accompanying sweetness that's hard to pin down.

Jahaze

subiendo el humo
Veteran
Sour D., Haze (SS)

Sour D., Haze (SS)

Thought I'd share some more chimera stuff I have going at the moment. These two plants were clone mother plants I pulled several shoots off of to run in a couple weeks but since I had some room I threw them into flower. As you can see they are all over the place but still manageable. They flowered quickly showing organize flower sets after about 15days in. Plant on the left is the the haze, right is the sour diesel both pollinated by the SS. These are not new plants have run them before with the SD for a few years now.

Sour Diesel x SS

Haze x SS

cr0n

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Are those your keepers for Haze x SS and SD x SS?

Been curious about the SD x SS. What is she like?

Jahaze

subiendo el humo
Veteran
Are those your keepers for Haze x SS and SD x SS?

Been curious about the SD x SS. What is she like?

Cron, the haze will be making her third run and is maybe the 6th seed plant from that line that I have run. The haze x SS line is really good and I have found some really nice plants. One plant which I lost the clone due to neglect had a spectacular church incense funk that reminded me of haze from new york many many years ago. This particular plant leans towards the SS side but also has a different incense smell that is neither church nor SS incense. The haze character is really evident in this one with a great head effect that leaves you walking around forgetting what you are doing at the moment. Some early tachy but fades quickly with no paranoia and fantastic ride. I can smoke this later in the day and it doesn't keep me up at night. Taste is lemon, incense, with a cardamon type spice in the flavor. The smoke it releases in the air is richer that the SSs1 I have run with a incense twist to the nose...really nice smoke.

The SDxSS gal has been with me since 2016. While in flower she has a bitter sour citrus nose with a touch of fuel. She can go between 11-13 weeks depending on temp and root zone environment. I have grown maybe 5 SDxSS now and the earliest i have been able to take a plant in my setup has been 11 weeks so if you are thinking about running this line keep that in mind. All the plants I have pulled from this line like to stretch so plan on about 2.5x on average. Taste is maybe 85% what the ECSD tastes like to me. It does not have the typical SS smell when burned. This plant has maybe a touch more lemon on the palate and the fuel is certainly there but the chemmy taste is more prominent. I am really splitting hairs though because I think its as close to straight ecsd as i have experienced in an outcross. The effect is lightning fast with a euphoric rush that always puts a smile on my face. Very powerful effect and so not much is needed to enjoy all she has to offer. Daytime smoke for me or for sitting back with friends to enjoy a great time. Others I have pulled from the line have had mixture or both parents but in those the sour kinda gets lost. I also pulled a very lemony plant that was really nice in effect but was a touch racy for me. Run a few and you should find something you like for sure. Good luck...

Early in development my keeper tends to have a dome like pistil arrangement where as the the typical SS gals have longer white pistils and not as rounded. both pictures below are the keeper plant.

Jahaze

subiendo el humo
Veteran
updates

updates

Quick update on some of the plants.

The blockhead OP plant was cut at day 68 and she had a good amount of amber heads but the plant looked like it could still go a few more days as the pistils were just starting to turn...glad I check as there were no clear heads. The smell is overwhelmingly grapefruit with a sweet earthy and piney nose. The resin on the fingers leaves kind of the same smell but adds a skunky berry smell which is nice. I will see how she smokes once cured and adjust harvest time one way or the other if she makes it to another round.

The Haze and Sour D (SS) are moving along at day 31 you can notice the SD has a fuller more organized flower set and and is on track to harvest at the usual 12 weeks give or take a few days. The Haze has a looser flower set and the longer pistils gives an airier less dense bud structure than the SD. While difficult to notice from the close up of the haze, the haze looks like it will have big nugs (albeit less dense).
SD
Haze

Finally, the SLK is doing fine and has really packed the weight in the last week. She is about 2 weeks from harvest I suspect and is showing some mild tip burn from a mild ACT drenching she received at week 5 and 6. I currently have another cutting of the same plant in flower but I trained it different. I will try and show them together before I harvest this one. Anyhow, here she is...

Last edited:

too-dope

Quick update on some of the plants.

The blockhead OP plant was cut at day 68 and she had a good amount of amber heads but the plant looked like it could still go a few more days as the pistils were just starting to turn...glad I check as there were no clear heads. The smell is overwhelmingly grapefruit with a sweet earthy and piney nose. The resin on the fingers leaves kind of the same smell but adds a skunky berry smell which is nice. I will see how she smokes once cured and adjust harvest time one way or the other if she makes it to another round.
View Image

The Haze and Sour D (SS) are moving along at day 31 you can notice the SD has a fuller more organized flower set and and is on tract to harvest at the usual 12 weeks give or take a few days. The Haze has a looser flower set and the longer pistils gives an airier less dense bud structure than the SD. While difficult to notice from the close up of the haze, the haze looks like it will have big nugs (albeit less dense).
View Image SD
View Image Haze

Finally, the SLK is doing fine and has really packed the weight in the last week. She is about 2 weeks from harvest I suspect and is showing some mild tip burn from a mild ACT drenching she received at week 5 and 6. I currently have another cutting of the same plant in flower but I trained it different. I will try and show them together before I harvest this one. Anyhow, here she is...
View Image View Image

Always very detailed in your descriptions Jah. The Blockhead terpene expression sounds awesome. I could go for some grapefruit. the SD and haze look great. The haze makes me want to pop a few more Simply Irresistible.

Last edited:

Kalbhairav

~~ ॐ नमः शिवाय ~~
Veteran
Hey Jahaze,

Is that SLK the same as a few pages back, the SLK/Blockhead? Looks juicy indeed. :)

Jahaze

subiendo el humo
Veteran
Hey Jahaze,

Is that SLK the same as a few pages back, the SLK/Blockhead? Looks juicy indeed. :)

Yes same plant...she filled in nicely considering the crowding in the room. This was a good find Kal...potent but with a very good effect.

Kalbhairav

~~ ॐ नमः शिवाय ~~
Veteran
Yes same plant...she filled in nicely considering the crowding in the room. This was a good find Kal...potent but with a very good effect.

So the taste wasn’t as good as the others? Is it generic and ‘fruity’? I imagine the high is quite up...?

pinkus

Veteran
Hey JaHaze, My HazexSS (Simply Irresistible) is about 5 weeks in and starting to really flower. :) She looks very hazy.

But I really wanted to ask you is you have done any congo Xs, specifically the Blockhead X? I have a pack and am very curious, but have too many plants going as it is.

Jahaze

subiendo el humo
Veteran
I really wanted to ask you is you have done any congo Xs, specifically the Blockhead X? I have a pack and am very curious, but have too many plants going as it is.

Hi pinkus, unfortunately I was never able to get my hands on the Congo x BH cross. I have a half pack of the Jack cross and a full pack of the SS cross. It will be nice to see the congoxbh since I can't remember ever seeing a grow here on ic. I'll be running the last of my Congo x jacks in hopes of producing f2's to look through in the future. Good luck...

Kalbhairav

~~ ॐ नमः शिवाय ~~
Veteran
I think ULMW had one female of the Congo x BH. From what I remember it wasn’t the best specimen. If the Congo x Jack are anything to go by then this line needs to have a closer look.

ULMW

Greetings. It was Congo x SS fem that I grew and landed the Long flowering Wildest Congolese expression..fun for the indoors garden!!!

Kalbhairav

~~ ॐ नमः शिवाय ~~
Veteran
Ahh, was wrong then..

Shit, maybe the Congo x BH has never been grown!! Crazy..

Jahaze

subiendo el humo
Veteran
Slk x BH update

Slk x BH update

Decided to cut the slk earlier than planned due to some vegging plant that are chomping at the bit to turn and need room. I pulled the slk at day 67 so it wasn't too early but she could have gone 4-9 more days...especially the lower buds. I started to trim the plant and removed all remaining fan leaves when I remembered I have another clone of the same plant going at the moment and wanted to compare them side by side. The younger plant was trained differently so she wont produce the dense single cola but she does stack her terminal buds nicely so she can work with various grow styles. Smells of the ripe plant are green banana peel with a mild pine undertone. Im not getting any of the berry sweetness I've notice the BH many times imparts. I've mention before that the effect is very potent and great for late day or evening consumption. I can over indulge whitout burnout or next day hangover...really nice find.

Jahaze

subiendo el humo
Veteran
bubba kush x SS selfed. 63 days flower

bubba kush x SS selfed. 63 days flower

thought I would post something while the other plants mature. this is a bubba kush x SS i selfed a while back. I won a pack of bubba Kx SS from chimera in an auction a while ago and received 10 seeds. I have about six of the original seeds left but found a nice plant and decided to self it and get some seeds to look through. This is one of those seeds. I have shown a few others in the past. This plant has very tight structure and seems to lean toward the bubba side but its not branched enough and is too leafy for my liking. my last plant had a nice incense smell that was reminiscent of the SS smell but slightly different. This plant has more of a bubba smell and I'm not getting any of SS lemon or funk...in smell anyways. have a clone but unless the effect is spectacular I probably wont keep it. I still have about 50 seeds from the selfed plant so I have plenty to look through. Im looking for a plant with SS growth and bubba taste and effect. Anyhow here she is....

Jahaze

subiendo el humo
Veteran
Some BH crosses

Some BH crosses

Warlock x BH on right and Cheese x BH on left. I let the warlock veg a bit longer this round and it paid off with a bit more stretch in flower and greater node spacing. Last round she stayed stout. Smaller bud structure compared to the cheese. The cheese produced better last round and is headed that way again. Here is the warlock...

Latest posts

Latest posts