What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Cherry Wine Hemp (14% CBD) - Anyone Grow It?

Mr. Stinky

Very nice, Mr. Stinky. What's the thc and CBD levels?

Higher and lower than they should be, respectively. I didnt test these. I cant get enough in me to feel thc, but I just about guarantee it doesn't pass the tests, if for no other reason besides I run it till it's done.

Last year I tested the girls I kept, and 3 of 11 were just hot at 8 weeks, so I'd expect a 7 week chop would be legal.

I'm just attempting to get the line improved (I'm sure you have done the same) at least to the point I can depend on good males for use on some of these new fancy fems out, then hopefully I can spread the f2's and get over the hump toward better vigor and proper tastes and smells while keeping close enough to legal to have a marketable product in a few years. for now I'm just enjoying the "legal" field of weed out back after all these years of hiding.

There really isn't enough breeding work being done anymore, especially on these backyard hemp farms. Its just cross after cross after cross and hoping for a good female to pop up, or plant an acre and "whoops we missed a male, guess were in the seed business"
It's cheap and lazy and I despise it. Plus, with everyone cheating by cutting early, the market is flooded here with frickin rope. Gag...

Last edited:

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
You can test TLC leaves growing for CBD/thc levels. For personal use, I'm sure your Cherry Wine is great.

There really isn't enough breeding work being done anymore, especially on these backyard hemp farms. Its just cross after cross after cross and hoping for a good female to pop up, or plant an acre and "whoops we missed a male, guess were in the seed business"
It's cheap and lazy and I despise it. Plus, with everyone cheating by cutting early, the market is flooded here with frickin rope. Gag...

Actually, there is on the collegiate circuit. Northern Colorado, Colo State Univ @ Pueblo, Cornell, UC Davis, among others, are all testing, breeding, etc.

Not sure where/whom you are referencing.

CO, WA have some great strains, not pollen chucking in a field of regular hemp.

Right you are, there's a glut of hemp in warehouses, and a lot disposed of due to thc levels above the standard.

And yes, we hybridize for those wanting best BANG! in personal grows for medicinal purposes.

Congrats on your work!

Mr. Stinky

I was referring to the farmers who've never even seen a cannabis plant let alone grown it on s commercial scale. And all the state "help" here is college educated idiots with degrees but no idea what to actually do. And god forbid anyone who knows something about growing cannabis be allowed in the crony club.

Definitely not referring to any of the good breeders you mention!

Sorry...I'm bitter. It may be time to move from this commonwealth for good

Thanks for what you do.

Last edited:

rizraz

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hey so not to pat myself on the back but I've been working for two or three years now on isolating compliant CBD producers from landrace genetics. I realize I don't make up enough of the market to make a huge difference but we've got a CBD bearing Iranian, Columbian, Swiss Strains, PCK, Nepalese, and I'm working steadily on an improved Hokkaido. Everything I've done has been intentional. I'm working steadily towards making hybrids with my isolated CBD bearing landrace strains. It's not much but it's good quality work. Just wanted to say there are some people out there doing real work in the hemp market, these things just take massive time and receive little interest right now. I expect that will change as the hemp market grows up.

You can test TLC leaves growing for CBD/thc levels. For personal use, I'm sure your Cherry Wine is great.

Actually, there is on the collegiate circuit. Northern Colorado, Colo State Univ @ Pueblo, Cornell, UC Davis, among others, are all testing, breeding, etc.

Not sure where/whom you are referencing.

CO, WA have some great strains, not pollen chucking in a field of regular hemp.

Right you are, there's a glut of hemp in warehouses, and a lot disposed of due to thc levels above the standard.

And yes, we hybridize for those wanting best BANG! in personal grows for medicinal purposes.

Congrats on your work!

Mr. Stinky

Hey so not to pat myself on the back but I've been working for two or three years now on isolating compliant CBD producers from landrace genetics. I realize I don't make up enough of the market to make a huge difference but we've got a CBD bearing Iranian, Columbian, Swiss Strains, PCK, Nepalese, and I'm working steadily on an improved Hokkaido. Everything I've done has been intentional. I'm working steadily towards making hybrids with my isolated CBD bearing landrace strains. It's not much but it's good quality work. Just wanted to say there are some people out there doing real work in the hemp market, these things just take massive time and receive little interest right now. I expect that will change as the hemp market grows up.

Thanks for your work. Keep it up. Toot your horn because you're earning it. I set up 2 more 2k rooms this winter to Get thru these f2's faster. Won't be able to run them thru the summer heat, but we are adding another 3100 sq feet of greenhouse to the farm next month as well as 2 more 1/2 acre organic plots between the greenhouses to simplify our "official" perimeters. If I at least get the vigorous ones pulled out of the group this winter into the flowering room, I'll have tests done by march, pitch the hottest, and fill the 3 acres here with tested good clones. Maybe I'll make a few bucks for a change? :D

Flipped some junk slabs to get them going. Cuts going to flower will be in new rockwool, obviously. I keep 5-10% best vigor and the rest get composted.

picture.php

Last edited: