What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

BREEDER MALES

U

unthing

my pollen hack hobby male (rip)

my pollen hack hobby male (rip)

the og x blue satellite 2.2 male i had. wasn't really "selected" as from 2 seeds popped both female and male :D. but his stucture and smell seemed promising.

agro

i just got this male that looks like a female stinks wonderfull in vegetative do you guys think that its a good specimen for some crosses???

picture.php

I have a question - How long are you guys in flower before your males

A) look like that - the size of the "bud mass" i mean

and

B) Pop

I've only had a few males in my rooms, and only taken two very small auto males to maturity, but I've never seen anything quite like those.

I have a breeding project going on atm and I'm just wondering if my selected males are shitty or they just needs to go longer

Last edited:
i dont pop a bunch of seeds of the same strain, i pop a bunch of seeds of different strains and then select the best males out of those. i know it would be better to do selection from the same strains, that way you see all the traits and get the best of the best but then again i love seeing all the different strains and im not set on just one strain so picking the best out of different ones keeps me happy.

im not a master breeder, just a pollen chucker.. maybe one day but it really takes a lot to get deep into it like selection and testing and all that.

i just look for the most stunning plants. if i look at it and say to myself damn that is a badass looking plant, thats my stud i will use. i look for all around plants, structure, i like nice thick hollow juicy branches.. i look at how fat the pollen colas get as i like to keep the yield nice. and if it stinks that makes it perfect. stinkyness is important to me. if a male stinks like a female that is usually a good sign to me. and i assume it will pass on the stink trait which is one of the more important traits to me.

i just got a good one last night. i had a beautiful looking double purple doja plant. super lush dark green fat leaves. thick ass hardy hollow juicy branches, perfect structure. barely just showed balls so i had to seperate it, hopefully it'll be a purple guy, dont know the good traits of dpd but hopefully its got flavor. and i know it purples. dont know if its potent or not though.

also have a killing fields male that just turned purple. wanted to hit it to a girl scout cookies or purple peyote.

my prize male right now is a vietnam black x aliendawg, got big plans for him, hes a super fast vigorous beast.

so i select just on beauty of the plant.. other then that, u gotta wait to test the offspring to really see if its a good male or not. it could look crazy and perfect but not pass any of those traits or it could look average and pass on amazing traits. gotta test the kids and see.

kg beans

male shots from the my psychosis project

Attachments

• nanna action.jpg
    nanna action.jpg
    3.2 KB · Views: 31
  • close up nanna.jpg
    close up nanna.jpg
    3.1 KB · Views: 33

hash*_*bean

here are a few pics of my male in flower

hehe not sure how to post the pics i hope they show up fine

Attachments

• 2980IMG_5852.JPG
    2980IMG_5852.JPG
    65.6 KB · Views: 25
  • 2980male_macro.jpg
    2980male_macro.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 33
  • 2980male_tricks.jpg
    2980male_tricks.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 33

TonyGreenHand

Very nice hashbean,

I also have a male of a similar caliber

Vitamin D (Orange Blossom X Hawaiian Indica
PB102939.jpg

Kinda shitty shot but you get the idea its frosty.

S

symbiote420

Cool thread, alot of interesting theories being discussed!

I have a Cindy 99 f2 male that spit out some female pistils during mid/late bloom, I haven't used any of his pollen yet so I don't know if it's viable. I almost trashed him till someone told me about DJ Short's "reverse hermie male" theory

Attachments

• symbiote420 564.jpg
    symbiote420 564.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 28

DemonPigeon

Veteran
I almost think that I'd like to breed for bigger more colourful flowers in males, I mean they're so pretty, I want them to be proper flowers :p Like you could have them in a vase for decoration ;-)

Awesome progress on this thread.

Lots of killer info, theories and plants.

I'm in search of a non cold inducing POTENT Purple Male myself and it's proving much more difficult than I had anticipated!

The search continues.....

Respect, I.R..............

ThaiBliss

Veteran
Wicked Looker

Wicked Looker

attachment.php

This one looks like its got some Thai in it. I'd like to grow the daughters of this dude.

I tried an OG, and didn't think much of it. Perhaps I haven't tried the right one.

Cheers,

ThaiBliss

OLDproLg

Veteran
Good 1 Raco!!!

Got a winner of flower power for shure....
Collected pollen from 1 just like that but my prob is
well,i cant stand DC its the only shit i have i dont smoke?
The male smelled so good though,and ofcorse stable in crosses.....
Just wish the chunk had more funk????
and vigour/branches/better indica cannabinoids an on.......
Lg

Latest posts

Latest posts