What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Northern Skunk - Harvest @ Day 76

jump /injack

Veteran
"The Seed Bank - Northern Lights 5 x Skunk #1 F-1 Hybrid
A High Times Indoor Harvest Festival Winner! We have voted this hybrid the plant of the year. It has tremendous hybrid vigor, high yield, excellent resin and potency, and it performs beautifully both indoors and out. High calyx-to-leaf ratio, very little manicure required. If we were to recommend just one plant, this would be it! The taste is similar to Skunk #1, a rich sweet pungency, but with more resin and better yield.

Indoor heigh at 100 days: 50 inches.
Indoor yield at 100 days: up to 125 grams.
Flowering period at 12 hours darkness: 45-55 days.
Outdoor height: 6-8 ft.
Outdoor yield: 1,5 - 3 lbs."

The "Peaks" is very good. The above is a clip from **********/strain information.

Last edited:

assrabbi

Impressive northern skunk m8, all these years later and the beans are still growing. I got 10 northern skunk from peak seeds vegging right now, hope they turn out half as good as yours.

Bloodstone

76 days? I thought it was supposed to be ready in 8-9 weeks? You sure it wasn't past maturity? 7 gallon pot? Is that size really necessary?

H

hard rain

76 days? I thought it was supposed to be ready in 8-9 weeks? You sure it wasn't past maturity? 7 gallon pot? Is that size really necessary?
Almost nothing is ready in the time period advertised. MOst 8 week plants I've grown have needed 10 at least. Also the bigger the pot size the bigger the plant, the bigger the buds.

Bloodstone

He could've vegged a lot longer with that container size though,along with topping for more quantity. Do bigger buds really meen better potentcy? Since artificial lighting only significantly penetrates 3 feet of foliage, I thought smaller plants would be desired with plenty of topping?

Bloodstone

Ooops!, my bad...looks like he grew 2 plants in that 7 gal..Those look healthier than mine. I had a lot of leaves yellow & fall...I used dolomite & hydrated lime to correct ph. I am using F2 seed that I made outdoors...Idk, they are flowering good, but I noticed a lot of this outdoors with the F1 NS too....

Bloodstone

I am on week 10...I noticed new flowers growing, & my micropen is on the way to determine Peak ripeness. How much amber color should I be scoping for?..

ManyManySpliffs

It all depends on your personal preference. The more amber, the more couchlock effect you'll get. Dont want it to be too amber. I find that after I chop and a few days go by alot of the THC will turn amber during drying, so I guess thats why most say 5-10% amber is good cause its gonna go more amber after the chop.

etinarcadiaego

Even in Arcadia I exist
Veteran
Whatup all! I'm glad to see this thread is still getting activity, this was, and still is, an awesome strain. I recently completed some breeding projects using this strain, though I found through trial and error the male is preferable . . . my current favorite cross is my Northern Skunk male crossed to OG Raskals White Urkle female.

I have about 2,000 pics from 20+ different strains that I need to upload here, anyway thanks again for looking everyone!

G

Its been over 7 years since I've run her. I remember her being the most potent of the Peak gear I had tried, including their Sweet Skunk. Plants took 11 weeks easy and were bulletproof from start to finish. Excellent yield and a wide variety of tastes and smells to be found.