What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Get Baked and Go Fishing

Vol Funk

Shit, I need to get back into fishing. Nothing better than fishing smallmouth bass in low water river.

Wade(or wave) fishing is pretty fun too. Especially if it's in saltwater.

C

Classyathome

River or small lake for smallmouth bass...

I love hooking smallmouths with light tackle, and having them dog and pull, and jump.

Tailwalking smalls - woohoo...

Collie Man

I like all types of fishing! Its fun to go out to a river or lake with a few buddies and get a 30 and get have fun and fish all day. Just brought myself a flyrod and shall be using that in a couple weeks. O and deep sea fishing is where its at! Caught a HUGE seabass last year in North Carolina!!!

sprout420 said:
There is something out there call a Wonder Bar. It looks like a bar of soap but is made out of metal or something. I saw it in the Cabelas catalog. It's supposed to remove odors when you rub it on your hands under water and it lasts forever. Haven't tried it yet but it seems like it would be a nice stinky hand solution.

I "Wonder" if it works?

i used to work in a bait shop, th wonder bar really does work! we kept one around all the time and everyone used it. im not sure how it works, i just know it does

dbuzz

Veteran
i bought one of these awhile back for all the lakes around here. 40hsp four stroke with stick steering. :joint:

TPF17T07_BMT_08_700.jpg

sprout420

EvilRaven1031 said:
i used to work in a bait shop, th wonder bar really does work! we kept one around all the time and everyone used it. im not sure how it works, i just know it does
I'll have to try it out.....
I used to live in NW Indiana and Chicago for a bit. Loved fishing off the piers for Kings....perch too. These days its small streams for trout and SM Bass with the occasional Steelhead trip.

Don Dump

the man doctors said would never moonwalk again
Veteran
I like fishing for bass or wallys out of my canoe. using motorized boats is cheating.

B.C.

Non Conformist
Veteran
YEE-HAW!!

YEE-HAW!!

PULL EM UP! REEL EM IN! GAFT EM HARD! RAW-HIDE! LOL! That's a good one Pan!......Hey Sprout did ya ever do any smelting on Lake Mich.? I heard there easy ta catch. Don't know much about em, I jus know they're tasty. lol later,BC

B.C. said:
PULL EM UP! REEL EM IN! GAFT EM HARD! RAW-HIDE! LOL! That's a good one Pan!......Hey Sprout did ya ever do any smelting on Lake Mich.? I heard there easy ta catch. Don't know much about em, I jus know they're tasty. lol later,BC

i do it ALMOST every year. the past 5 or 6 years the pickins have been slim, but its still an excuse to start a fire in a garbage can and get twisted on the lakefront. they're easy to catch, but they use gill nets instead of rod and reel. so its more like put the net down and check it in an hour....what to do in between net checks you say? smoke, drink, smoke, drink, repeat
:joint:

G

guest5703

I like to fish and smoke at the same time its very relaxing.

My problem is I havent caught a damn fish for months, I bought a license recently, and go every weekend. Our lakes are good so is our ocean but I just have bad luck I guess.....

it could be a multitude of things. bait color, presentation, retrieve speed, lunar cycle, spawn cycle, or just an old fashioned off day! lol keep trying man and im sure you will put some in the boat.

pan

There is another version of "Trollin" which is done to Limp Biscut track "Rollin"

Going to do some flounder fishing on the dock later today.

FarmerJoe

Game lakes open here in just a few weeks. 537 local plants. Sometimes they will stock them with steel head if there are extras

F

FishHead

WNC.....hmmmm

WNC.....hmmmm

18358brookie-thumb.jpg

VG-
Western North Carolina trout fly- fisherman here

I too am from WNC (born and raised). I am now attending college in the Rockies and majoring in Fisheries management and biology. Growing my own and fishing are two things I'm good at, hence the username. It's really good to see someone from home on here. Maybe we can share some rivers or stream names to compare how close our stomping grounds are without getting too specific. Chattooga River and Nantahala River ring a bell? I also hit the brookie streams. Anyways, glad I found this thread. Damn I love this place!

Fish :wave:

onelov

yeah time to pull the poll out n take the boy slanging a rod......... good time casting a line n jerking it... :)

F

FishHead

waiting for spring.....

waiting for spring.....

It's still very much winter here. Soon all the waters are going to be open and I will share pics of my creel and my harvest. There is some great trout fishing out here in the west. Hopefully I can show you some pics of some of those high altitude golden trout. They are so colorful. Once again great thread. I bet it stays alive and gets many posts.

Fish

Smurf

stoke this joint
ICMag Donor
Veteran
What an excellent day we had yesterday, all 12 of us,,,,,, we hooked up some really nice tuna, average weight was 35kg. After catching the boat limit of 6, everything else was released,,,, all up we snagged 14 of them. I'm in a hurry to get to work so I can't hang here for long.

even my buddy had a hard time holding up these beauties, hehe

the BBQ lunch really helped out with the munchies, lol.

quite honestly fellas, I was knackered after reeling in my first one ,,, the only thing that kept me going was the adrenaline rush!
My forearms are killing me today.:muahaha:
Guess who's having tuna for dinner tonight? :jump:

smurf