What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

I used systemic pesticide , should I throw it away ?

Palindrome

King of Schwag
Just close your eyes while you smoke it!!!

Maybe get certified as a Pesticide Applicator, then you won't have to rely on stoners who clearly know as little as you on the topic.

Id smoke that harvest too, if it's all I got but I would stop using thiamethoxam

Systemic pesdicides are all over the plant, not where you sprayed it a long time ago.
Hence the name, it's in the system.
It's being transported around the plants by water, and let's look up the half-life time in water.

6080 days - let that sink in.

>>pesticides with a hydrolysis half-life greater than 14 days have potential to contaminate groundwater.<< from http://www.pesticideinfo.org

Thats the go to site for professionals - it have all the info you will ever need on pesticides.

Dirt Bag

If you have a pesticide that applied to plant material will magically relocate some to material that grows afterward you should start selling it. You'd be rich!

moonymonkey

thanks for the heads up evrbody on insecticides,need to use on gardiania,this plant is sprayed the same day ,the systemic is applied to the roots incase of a heavy investation,done in the evening ,under cool conditions..cuz its less stress.mm/:dance013:

Dirt Bag

:jawdrop:
:angrymod:
:crazy:
:cuss:
:dunno:

There's a whole section on organic growing in this forum. I suggest you check it out ASAP!

I guess I'm all about inorganic gardening.

Organic: adj. A term created to inflate the prices of goods. See also: nonGMO, gluten free

I love science because it works whether you believe in it or not. NDT

Palindrome

King of Schwag
If you have a pesticide that applied to plant material will magically relocate some to material that grows afterward you should start selling it. You'd be rich!

I love science because it works whether you believe in it or not. NDT

Kid look up systemic pesticides, you will learn something.

MrBungle

Systemic pesticides aren't the best choice for consumables, because once you apply it to the plant, the plant absorbs it into its circulatory system, and it remains part of the plant for an unspecified time...

Usually we want pesticide that is effective at killing fast, but also washes off the plant relatively quickly

baxbax

Systemic pesticides aren't the best choice for consumables, because once you apply it to the plant, the plant absorbs it into its circulatory system, and it remains part of the plant for an unspecified time...

Usually we want pesticide that is effective at killing fast, but also washes off the plant relatively quickly

but company advise using them on tobacco which is consumable , if there was any dangerous thing why should syngenta advise using it on tobacco ? it's pre harvest interval for tobacco is just 14 days ? why not 150 days for cannabis ? also they are in pot I always flushed the soil with every watering ( the little amount that I think drip to soil form foliar feed ) yes it's half life in acidic soil is about +200 days , but I read it's half life in ph +9 is 5 days , there is not exact numbers for soil because there's too much king of soils , but it degrade by sun , I'M THINKING ABOUT SENDING SOME LEAVES TO LAB FOR CHECKING THIAMETHOXAM RESIDUAL IF I COULD GET HARVEST OF IT ,

MrBungle

Good luck growing Cannabis in soil that is a pH of 9.... Monsanto claims that GMO's are safe... Do you believe Monsanto?

Dirt Bag

Good luck growing Cannabis in soil that is a pH of 9.... Monsanto claims that GMO's are safe... Do you believe Monsanto?

Hmm.
Bayer-Monsanto = multi billion dollar corporation employing some of the most brilliant Nobel Prize winning scientists and chemists in the world. The people behind so many of the life saving, life changing, amazing things the entire world depends on every day that I'm not going to bother listing them, but I guarantee you use many of them every day. (like LEDs)

MrBungle =some internet douche bag.

I know who I'd believe.

Bwahahahaha! GMOs. Is this cat serious?

baxbax

What if I seal soil and pot with plastic bag and only spray leaves before flowering ? by this nothing can drip into soil and stay long time in it , and at plant it should degrade within a month ,

MrBungle

The leaves absorb the pesticide.. that is how it works... It would be great for a rose bush or some other ornamental... Do what you want, it is your plants... Myself and some others here advise against that, because you are smoking the end product I presume?

baxbax

The leaves absorb the pesticide.. that is how it works... It would be great for a rose bush or some other ornamental... Do what you want, it is your plants... Myself and some others here advise against that, because you are smoking the end product I presume?

if not using this , what should I do vs fungus gnats , white bites on older leaves

MrBungle

BT treatments (mosquito dunks)...

Top dressing your soil with Diatomaceous Earth (keep the top layer dry)....

Spinosad treatments work....

Fly tape for trapping adults ( can get annoying for gardener)....

Watering your plants from the bottom for a while so the top layer dries out, and kill the fungus gnat larvae (works well with top dressing DE)...

Release ladybugs in your room...

There are many ways to fight fungus gnats without potentially poisoning your crop.... The systemic will most likely work the best... but most likely will be bad for you too

White spots on your leaves could mean spider mites... That is a whole different ball of wax