What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Trump to Remove Fed Ban on Medical Marijuana!

Farm Hero

Finally! It took a non-lawyer, non-swampster to free the weed medicinally nationwide!

Love you President Trump!

:woohoo:

President Trump Says He’s Likely to Back Marijuana Bill

By Eileen Sullivan

June 8, 2018

WASHINGTON — President Trump appeared to break with his own administration’s policy on Friday, saying that he was likely to support a legislative proposal to leave the decision to states about whether to legalize marijuana.
Mr. Trump was asked about a new bill introduced by Senator Cory Gardner, Republican of Colorado, and Senator Elizabeth Warren, Democrat of Massachusetts.
“We’re looking at it. But I probably will end up supporting that, yes,” Mr. Trump said to reporters as he departed Washington to attend the G7 summit meeting in Canada.

President Trumps view is in stark contrast to measures his administration took this year, freeing federal prosecutors to more aggressively enforce federal laws against the use of marijuana in states that have decriminalized it.

President Trumps prediction that he would support the bill is the second time this week that the president has taken a position directly contradicting the policies driven by his own attorney general, Jeff Sessions, with whom the president has been openly hostile, even saying recently that he wished he had selected someone else for the job.
This week, President Trump commuted the sentence of Alice Johnson, a 63-year-old serving a life term in federal prison for a nonviolent drug conviction. Last year, Mr. Sessions directed federal prosecutors to reverse former President Barack Obama’s work to ease punishment in nonviolent drug cases. On Friday, the president said his aides were reviewing similar cases that appear to have drawn “unfair” treatment from the justice system.
During his presidential campaign, the Mr Trump said the enforcement of marijuana laws was a state issue. That changed once President Trump occupied the Oval Office. His press secretary, Sarah Huckabee Sanders, has said his evolution on the policy is a result of President Trump believing in “enforcing federal law.”
“That would be his top priority, and that is regardless of what the topic is,” she said.
Currently, 30 states and the District of Columbia have legalized marijuana for medicinal or recreational use. Mr. Gardner has emphasized that his proposal does not call for broadly legalizing marijuana across the country.
“Instead, it allows the principle of federalism to prevail as the founding fathers intended and leaves the marijuana question up to the states,” Mr. Gardner said in a Twitter post on Thursday.

Plus, President Trump signs the "right to try" bill

President Trump signed a bill Wednesday allowing terminally ill patients access to experimental medical treatments not yet approved by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA).
Dubbed "right to try," the law's passage was a major priority of Trump and Vice President Pence, as well as congressional Republicans.
"Thousands of terminally ill Americans will finally have hope, and the fighting chance, and I think it's going to better than a chance, that they will be cured, they will be helped, and be able to be with their families for a long time, or maybe just for a longer time," Trump said at a bill signing ceremony at the White House, surrounded by terminally ill patients and their families. Trump thanked lawmakers sitting in the audience who sponsored the bill, including Sen. Joe Donnely, a vulnerable Democrat up for reelection in Indiana.
Despite calling Donnelly a "really incredible swamp person" earlier this month, Trump thanked the senator for his work on the bill.
Sen. Joe Manchin (W.Va.), another vulnerable Democrat up for reelection, was the only other Democratic co-sponsor on the bill, but did not attend the ceremony because he is in West Virginia this week, his office said.
Congress is on recess this week for Memorial Day.
Most Democrats and public health groups oppose the bill, arguing that it could put patients in danger.
“FDA oversight of access to experimental treatments exists for a reason — it protects patients from potential snake oil salesmen or from experimental treatments that might do more harm than good,” said Rep. Frank Pallone Jr. (D-N.J.), ranking member of the House Energy and Commerce Committee.
Opponents also argue it gives “false hope” to patients, since drugmakers aren’t required to give unapproved medicines to patients who ask for them.
Supporters say, however, it will provide new treatment opportunities for terminally ill patients who have exhausted existing options.
"While a long time coming, today is a monumental win for patients desperately seeking the ‘right to try’ investigational treatments and therapies," said Energy and Commerce Committee Chariman Greg Warden (R-Ore.) and health subcommittee chairman Michael Burgess (R-Texas).
“With ‘right to try’ being the law of the land, we are confident that the Trump Administration, and FDA Commissioner [Scott] Gottlieb, will take both congressional intent and the safety of patients into consideration when implementing this important law.”

Seems Sessions will be toast soon as well! We saw that coming! weuu!

Hillary and Bernie were NEVER going to do this, neither was Jeb!, Rubio or Cruz. I see a shitload of crow being eaten by some folks on this site. :dance013:

:biggrin:

Easy7

Veteran
Keep an eye on it. Who would write the first laws? There must be federal guidlines for interstate commerce. Loads and loads of legal framework. Just states allowed is not federal framework.

Trade with Canada? That requires federal laws. They need a lot of forsight, so under who's influence?

Farm Hero

You can always smoke and grow clandestinely... we been doing it for decades and legalization does not affect that at all.

People have an unlimited right to natural medicine that works, MUCH MORE than anyone deserves illegal or government-sanctioned profits. Wake up.

No laws need written federally, just the federal ban on medical marijuana is removed and the rest is left up to the states. They will write the laws as they see fit in their respective states. This probably also removes the stigma of federal banks refusing to deal with medical marijuana companies.

Maybe eventually there will need to be talk of trading cannabis with other countries but that is on the back burner, we have very sick people addicted to poison pills that are dying in droves!

Getting folks on natural cannabis oil is top priority

FullyMeltedDome

Veteran
He's a liar, and using it to try and sow up Votes from all those that want MMJ legal across all States.But he'll keep saying he'll do it,but draw it out until 2020.Then He'll go back on his word like He's done 50 times already.And who the hell Loves Trump,smh.Thats a mouthful,and disgusting.Fk Fatty McBoneSpur,had Daddy's Doctor get him out of the War,5 times.Then says He has the utmost respect for our Soldiers.What a liar,mostly after what He said about Mcain.My whole Family( besides Me,the Green Sheep)are Military.Dudes the biggest wacko n the closest thing we'll ever see to being a Dick-Tater in the USA.Thats what He wants, to bang His Daughter,and to Vote Himself President for the rest of His life(please McDonalds,send Him a lifetime supply of tripple Cheeseburgers with Cream cheese frosting and a side ordered of fried Butter. .. Disrespects our Men and Women in the Armed Forces, constantly lying.And He likes to get peed on by Hookers.#VilePeiceOfShit ...

Last edited:

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
hahahaha MAGA!! hahahahahha Pot used to be legal before 1937, so he really is making America great as it used to be. hahaha

He should sign bernies bill that makes it illegal for states to prosecute people for marijuana and brings charges against the pharmaceutical companies

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
If you like to make money off of weed legalisation is not what u want.

If u want to just grow and smoke your own trouble free it's ok.

If you like to make money off weed, legalization is exactly what you want!

You see... legalization IS regulation & where things are regulated there exists a black market!

You can always smoke and grow clandestinely... we been doing it for decades and legalization does not affect that at all.

People have an unlimited right to natural medicine that works, MUCH MORE than anyone deserves illegal or government-sanctioned profits. Wake up.

No laws need written federally, just the federal ban on medical marijuana is removed and the rest is left up to the states. They will write the laws as they see fit in their respective states. This probably also removes the stigma of federal banks refusing to deal with medical marijuana companies.

Maybe eventually there will need to be talk of trading cannabis with other countries but that is on the back burner, we have very sick people addicted to poison pills that are dying in droves!

Getting folks on natural cannabis oil is top priority
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
THIS is how we need to be!

40AmpstoFreedom

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hillary and Bernie were NEVER going to do this, neither was Jeb!, Rubio or Cruz. I see a shitload of crow being eaten by some folks on this site. :dance013:

:biggrin:

I drove the heads of the dem party around for a week and then the biggest donors. They absolutely were not going to legalize and Hillary, Bernie, and Hillary's daughter said some fo the dumbest shit about weed I had ever heard. They don't even want tobacco legal think about that shit. Fuckin nanny state to the end.

I am a Milton Friedman/Thomas Sowell on the economy and a libertarian on personal liberty and social policy. While Trumps first year was filled with a bunch of complete jack ass comments for the most part the guy is doing a damn good job and but for the recent Canadian remark his stupid shit has stopped.

I love the fact that he is being put through the ringer by the feds like the rest of us. I think this has greatly humbled him and opened his eyes to how fucked up our cops and justice system can be. If he legalizes I will vote for him. I wrote in Rand Paul the last time. I just couldn't do it based on some of his economic and personal liberty comments.

By the way this is a guy who won't even allow alcohol in his home. His brother was an alcoholic. I hope he sees the difference between gluttons and normal every day people who choose not to sit around and ABUSE drugs all day everyday for a month + which causes addiction.