What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Bentonite clay, how to use it?

BigJohnny

basic question, how do you use the clay to clarify distillate?

after winterizing and filtering out the waxes through 3 stages, do you just add clay into the ethanol/bho solution and mix under heat for a little while?

How much clay is added to the solution?

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Need to study chromatography. It's used all the time in the manufacture of Rx medications for separation of specific particles.

dank.Frank

BigJohnny

I don't have celite or aluminum oxide, nor can I afford, at the moment to purchase any celite 545 or aluminum oxide.

p0opstlnksal0t

I've been using bentonite clay after a carbon filter. I add about 2 tsp per liter agitate in the flask for about 10 mins then filter it through celite cake

killa12345

All the cool people are in this thread....what up homies!

Im with Demontric.....I got so extra aluminum oxide and celite if you need some for a run.

If BigJohnny is Medex on Youtube....i certainly can pay forward the help your videos gave me in my first distillate run!

DemonTrich

Veteran
@killa12345

What's up buddy?

I'll send ya out some alumn oxide and celite 545 for free 8f you like. U pay shipping of course. And always follow PPE procedures, please

Spinme

Veery much like activated carbon it. Will do the exact same thing for much cheaper.
Stir stir stir.
Let settle then decant off

Spinme

Bentonite is easy .
Then elute whatever you extracted with a solvent that will dissolve whatever you extracted.
Are you extracting thc from a solution or cleaning impurities with the clay...