What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Always happens in week 5-6 in flower.

Hey everyone,

This is my 3rd run. Everything was going good up until mid week 5. So for the last 2 runs this same issue has been happening. The leaves will start producing these little brown spots and on some leaves the edge of the fan leaves will turn brown and turn to a crisp. I'm not too sure what's happenning. At first I thought it was a calcium deficiency then it started to look like a potassium deficiency.

I tried to flush and reset the feed with 5ml/g of Calmag and a little more npk raw potassium . But it didn't really correct the issue and it seems like it slowed down the bud development. Im getting stuck on this problem that happens around this time, everytime.

Any help would be appreciated! Thanks!

picture.php

picture.php

R

Rubber Chicken

Seems like nute burn to my unscientific eyes?

I think you will get much better advice than mine, but if i see the very tips of leaves starting to yellow i just give water, and if it still spreads a little more then i flush with extra water.

I wont pretend to be a natural green thumb though. :)

T

Teddybrae

How's your drainage?

wet feet will result in leaves like that. having said this, I don't want to contradict previous post. a flush will not make the problem worse as long as you're sure roots will dry out properly.

good luck ...

Looks like pH is too low. Need some details.

Medium
Temps
Nutrients
pH
Rh
Etc

Sorry, posted this late night and forgot the details.

Rockwool
75-79 day/60-62 nights
I'll get a list later today. Ppm was at 1700 now at 1200
5.8 pH
48-52 rh
Mix spectrum lighting (1000w led/nanolux de 1000)

shaggyballs

Veteran
I had leaves that looked like that before, it was caused by low PH.
Test the PH of your runout, I think you will find it low as lester pointed out above.
Best of luck.
Shag

How's your drainage?

wet feet will result in leaves like that. having said this, I don't want to contradict previous post. a flush will not make the problem worse as long as you're sure roots will dry out properly.

good luck ...

Drainage is fine. There's always a dry down to about 10-20% before watering again. Did a flush 6 days ago and it seemed to slow down the issue.

Lester Beans

Frequent Flyer
Veteran
Ppm 1700 is the problem. Nutrient burn. Good you got it lowered. Flush really well and then feed half strength nutrients until normal growth resumes.

Everything else looks right on.

Good luck!

How's your drainage?

good luck ...

Drainage is fine. There's always a dry down to about 10-20% before watering again. Did a flush 6 days ago and it seemed to slow down the issue.

troutman

Seed Whore
The biggest problem I see with plants that are having problems is when people use too much nutrients.

Less is more. :tiphat:

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
Week 5-6 is when a lot of strains reach a point where flower growth has slowed and oil production begins. You'll see a big difference in transpiration rate and, if your nutrient solution is strong enough, you'll burn the roots and cause a crashing pH situation.

I try not to go above 750ppm with a 1K hps in a 4x4. ;)

Bush Dr

Painting the picture of Dorian Gray
Veteran
Whats your ventilation?

Extraction and circulation?

Fans on 24/7 as they should be?

Ringodoggie

Premium user
420giveaway
Look familiar???

I am currently going through the same thing. I check my pH real close so that's not it. I did have one plant (on the left) that was too wet for a few days but I dried it out.

In my case, I believe it is too much food. I always went half of what Fox Farms recommends and someone convinced me to use it just as recommended on their web site. Here is the result.

So, as has been said, pH, over-nutes and too wet are all possibilities. In my case, I believe it's too much nute.

I have drastically reduced feeding and the browning has stopped. Hopefully, I can finish with green. I am also in week 5-6.

Good luck.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    115.7 KB · Views: 33
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    131.3 KB · Views: 36
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    160.1 KB · Views: 28
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    151.6 KB · Views: 29
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    105.3 KB · Views: 32

Medfinder

Chemon 91
also its good to throw some info is better.

what meters? are the meters correct? what nutrient levels..ph levels and additives.... water frequencies and are there insects?

looking better than page one pics yet?

i flush bout 16 days before chop on taper down from potash and potassium and additives. 800-900 ppm max when flip to 12/12

Look familiar???

I am currently going through the same thing. I check my pH real close so that's not it. I did have one plant (on the left) that was too wet for a few days but I dried it out.

In my case, I believe it is too much food. I always went half of what Fox Farms recommends and someone convinced me to use it just as recommended on their web site. Here is the result.

So, as has been said, pH, over-nutes and too wet are all possibilities. In my case, I believe it's too much nute.

I have drastically reduced feeding and the browning has stopped. Hopefully, I can finish with green. I am also in week 5-6.

Good luck.

LOOKS VERY FAMILIAR! lol I also got this recipe from a friend who suggested feeding high ppm. I did a bunch of research before I started to grow and read people were in the 800-1200 range. I always told him that was too high, but he kept on insisting that it was not. Going to try and save this run. Going to flush again tonight and wait a couple days to see what happens.

Now, my question is...Do I go back a week to week 6 feed after a few days of feed or just carry on?