What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Mini Greenhouse Southern Hemisphere Winter Grow

DjKinetics

Recently i lost about 20 seedlings due to some heavy flooding,so i decided to pick up this small greenhouse.
Made a soil mix of coco,topsoil and compost in a 3-2-1 part ratio. Have been watering with a small dose of my veg nutes,kelpak and microbes.
Chose the rectangual pots to utilize the space and limit the final size of the plants.i know i shouldnt have more then one plant per pot but i went ahead and did it anyway.The middle tier/Shelf is empty so that the bottom tier plants can grow into that space,might do abit of make shift Scrog too.
Strains : SpaceQueen(private source), Cheese(Original Sensible Seeds), Sinai(TRSC), Speedy Boom Auto(Kannabia), Kaboom(Kannabia), Big Band(Kannabia), Snow White (Nirvana). Hoping for either a Snow White or Sinai male for light pollination.
picture.php

Interesting concept, you should get some nice frosty bud. The cooler
temperature should increase the resin content, providing it's not freezing cold.

Bobbertqp

Yeah I do the same thing at winter. Looks like you have the same greenhouses I use out bush. I use them for winter breeding and for getting an early start in spring. As long as there is no moisture inside you will be fine.plants should get 8 to 20 inches tall depending on the strain

That's a good idea for a small breeding/pollen chucking project.

Was thinking with the limited light hours you would get minis. Going back a few years ago, I had a friend, { Somebody that I used to know} plant around 20 seeds or so mid to late march. Not expecting them to have any size they were planted close together. They took off and ended up around 6 feet tall. They ended up with plenty of personal smoke and a warning from the land lord. Lucky he was a cool dude.

Bye the way, I like your handle. QP :smokeit: Clever boy

DjKinetics

inside the tent during the day its maxing out at 40°C at the moment but i open the front it drops down to about 30-32°C and then close up a hour or 2 before sunset, in the morning when i go check its about 21°C. Coldest month round here is going to be end June/July.

Interesting concept, you should get some nice frosty bud. The cooler
temperature should increase the resin content, providing it's not freezing cold.

DjKinetics

picture.php

Topped 1 of the supposed SpaceQueens and The Cheese
There also 2 Brazil Kc x (Swazi Red x Lebenese) just popping out on the bottom tier,and 3 Diesel Auto x KC45 f2 on the top tier to fill the void from a few culled seedlings that were struggling.

Last edited:

nksv

this is super interesting. you in Australia? i was going to do this but folk reckon it wasn't worth it due to the tiny yields.

DjKinetics

Nah South Africa. i always grow during winter,just this the first time with the aid of a small green house. You will be surprised by the yield its like they grow super fast cos they sense chance of survival is small or something im no botanist.

this is super interesting. you in Australia? i was going to do this but folk reckon it wasn't worth it due to the tiny yields.

DjKinetics

Apologies for the poor quality of photos, my phones camera is like 1MegaPixel and im not very good at taking photos to begin with...

picture.php

DjKinetics

The SpaceQueens, not 100% certain, since i didnt buy it myself i sourced them privately, the dude did give me a piece of the bud too,it was really potent, sweetish pine old school flavours.

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

DjKinetics

Speedy Boom Auto aka Speedy Gonzales from Kannabia
its basically the auto version of Kaboom (Ak47 x Northern Lights)
about day 20 odd now

picture.php

DjKinetics

Diesel Auto x KC45 aka Brazilian Diesel Auto F2
this is my own cross of Diesel Auto (NYC Diesel x Lowryder) by Garden of Green x KC45 (Russian Ruderalis x Brazilian Sativa) by KC Brains

picture.php
picture.php

nksv

cool man, gonna follow along for sure. Might do the same here and see how I go. got seed to play with....

Latest posts

Latest posts