What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Coco 2 tents 400w veg 600w flower keeping it simple

Hi guys,

I am starting a little late on this thread as I have just turned to 12/12 in the flower tent, and rooted clone just placed in grow tent.

I like to keep things simple I run a 600watt hps 4x4 flower tent with carbon filter and a 400w hps 3x3 grow tent. I usually harvest around 14 to 18 ounces every 8 - 10 weeks from this setup depending on strain. I take a couple cuttings right before flower, once rooted pick the best one and plant in a small pot and place in veg tent, vegged plant from veg tent goes into flower tent to grow until space is filled. Once the vegging clone gets to about a foot tall in small pot I transplant straight into a 50 litre pot of hardware store coco and perlite mix and start training and vegging until flower cycle is complete in big tent, Then cycle continues.

My fertilizing and watering schedule is probably against the grain of what most experienced growers would recommend with coco. I feed off the hardware store shelf salt based outdoor nutrient called thrive, it comes in a grow and flower formulation. Simple as it comes with a scoop, one scoop for young clones in 9 litre watering can, 2 scoops in a 9 litre can for older and flowering plants. I water with ferts only when the coco is dry when I dig my finger down an inch or two usually once every two to three days or when they wilt. Then flush with a hose once every week or if they start showing any yellowing on the tips due to salt build up. I then fertilise straight after flushing. The last three to four weeks of flower I flush and swap to an organic seaweed extract. Also I use straight tap water all my ferts and flush I do not test or ph adjust at all. Before harvest I flush with mass amounts of tap water from the hose for a week.

Enough rambling on stay tuned for pics of where I am at if interested, once I get a chance. And I will do weekly progress reports until harvest

Cheers

Pic

Pic

Pic of flower tents current status, 4x4 filled nicely bit more training to do before flower really sets in

Attachments

• IMG_20171216_065448.jpg
    IMG_20171216_065448.jpg
    78 KB · Views: 8
Grow tent

Grow tent

not much to see here, just starting to get new growth now.

Attachments

• IMG_20171216_065720.jpg
    IMG_20171216_065720.jpg
    99.1 KB · Views: 7
That's it for now will update when there is more to see. In another week or so. Sorry for Crap pics done quickly with light out with phone. Next progress updates will be better

Yield is just for the 600w flower tent, the smaller 400w tent is strictly grow to keep the cycle going. I never buy seeds from feedbacks or anything so strain is not named, it is just simply a nice strain I have grown before. Myself and a group of friends share and swap genetics between us. Last time I grew this it produced massive fruits of great quality so I will see what happens this time

Cheers mate

Nice one, got any finished pics of your flowers?

How long do you flower them out for?

No I don't, never really documented a grow before or ever taken pics this will be my first time doing so.

As for flowering time, I like to keep that simple too. I never count weeks etc I simply let my plants do their thing and when they are ready they are ready.

Time for an pic update of flower formation so far. Will do that when I get home from work in about 2 hrs

Cheers

Grow tent

Grow tent

Lil cutting Slowly starting to produce new growth should speed up soon.

Attachments

• IMG_20171224_063146.jpg
    IMG_20171224_063146.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 8
Canopy as of last status was out of control, with the middle of the plant getting too tall. I had to remove a few selected branches as it was getting too crowded. Also employed some branch snapping and bondage to a few branches to even out the canopy. Plant all healed from the snapping now and I am happy with the canopy.

Flowering coming along nicely now, updates coming when I finish work tonight