What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Malawi Style Cob Curing.

Tangwena

Veteran
Last night was party night!

I decided that my contribution to the party would be a special cob smoking mix; For some strange reason some people seem loathed to eat it.

It was a small open air Psychedelic Trance Party to celebrate a young friends 50th. Open air dancing, 2 good DJ's, a cool tube and awesome pizzas being cooked on site for those who's stomachs were not too queasy. ;)

The Mixture was 50% Zac Tribute (up and giggly), and 25% of both Golden tiger (strong and trippy) and Mulanje x Malawi/Ethiopian (Energetic and clear).

I left the jar on the table, along with the 2 jars of mushrooms that the hostess had provided and told people to help themselves.

By the end of the night everyone was raving, and lot's were raving about the cob as well. The older folk were saying it was like weed used to be but eve clearer and the younger one's were shocked at being really high and still able to function. Everyone who tried it preferred it to anything else that was on offer. Several asked me to explain the process; Difficult after eating half a gram of GT, a handful of Mushies and a dab of Mandy.

A cracking night indeed. Feeling a little tired today in the 37 degree heat, but once in a while it's good to have a good dance with friends!

Enjoy your cobs brother.:D
WoW! dude your making me crazy with envy.
I dont know that my mind could handle that these days but that sounds like the best party ever.
Love your style brother.

Last edited:

ProfessorLefty

were can I order them there molds ???? that's excatly what I'm looking for - then after molding them - then vacum seal - then once "cured" - unseal them ; pull the stick out and then smoke as a rolled joint ?? think this will work ???
This one is a Purple Rose I found on Amazon, but just Google “cannagar molds”—they come in a variety of sizes

Guessing you’d pack the case with a skewer in place, then vacuum seal and cure along with the stick; not sure if vacuum sealing would make it too tight though

ost

Thanks brother I'm well on the road to recovery now and enjoying the extra effects abstinence gives you as a reward ha ha.
I had to dig up those pics from my threads its good to be able to research things years later I forget really fast these days.
I will be growing the seeds it was made from next grow. I cant wait to make more cobs of these plants.
get better soon man!didnt know anything was up.

Tangwena

Veteran
get better soon man!didnt know anything was up.
No big deal my friend I caught a bad case of flu from my grandson then just as I was getting over it he reinfected me with another dose ha ha.
My weak lungs make it easy for me to catch any chest type infections its just one of those things I have to live with.
Normally I'm fine but being a 2 year old he mixes with other kids and they share viruses ha ha.
On the up side after laying off the pot for a couple of weeks the chewing is incredible now ha ha.

blondie

My blueberry is out of the tent and ready to be the guinea pig for cobbing. Rummaging around I found this little gem for a cob mold. I scrubbed it like crazy but not so sure it’s clean. For the 15 or 20 years I’ve owned it the only thing it was exposed to is salt, fish parts, and the butts of fishing rods. Anyone Think it’ll work?

Attachments

• 3FB50C14-417C-4545-BC74-6CF9B2A673CB.jpeg
    3FB50C14-417C-4545-BC74-6CF9B2A673CB.jpeg
    979.6 KB · Views: 43

gumzgi

Tangwena or someone who knows, want to ask, if i clamp togheter 2 hands of buds that has dried like for 4 days the stems still bendy, the question is ; can i just vaccumseal the buds and not heat them just let the vacbagsealed in the 24-35C , and to open the vacbag at one time per week for a month , and after that 4 times opening and dryin to just let the bag somewhere in 25c and forget about the bag , should be ok ?

Hombre del mont

Dr of Stupidity
Tangwena or someone who knows, want to ask, if i clamp togheter 2 hands of buds that has dried like for 4 days the stems still bendy, the question is ; can i just vaccumseal the buds and not heat them just let the vacbagsealed in the 24-35C , and to open the vacbag at one time per week for a month , and after that 4 times opening and dryin to just let the bag somewhere in 25c and forget about the bag , should be ok ?
Yes you can!

Tangwena

Veteran
Hey @Tangwena thanks for your info, I've been making cobs your way - more or less - for two seasons and going well!

I wondered if you had noticed your mention on GrowDiaries?

Reading it it looks like a lot of research on the internet but no real experience in it.
Still its done with the right intent so thats all that matters.
I think those that are meant to discover it will. Those that are closed minded will stay that way.
Thanks for posting it though it was interesting reading.
The other world that chewing GOOD well cured cob enables you to enter is not for everyone thats for sure.

Tangwena

Veteran
My blueberry is out of the tent and ready to be the guinea pig for cobbing. Rummaging around I found this little gem for a cob mold. I scrubbed it like crazy but not so sure it’s clean. For the 15 or 20 years I’ve owned it the only thing it was exposed to is salt, fish parts, and the butts of fishing rods. Anyone Think it’ll work?
Your over thinking it just roll a huge joint and vacuum seal it to sweat its dead simple.

Tangwena

Veteran
Some of my best cures were done just like that go for it you cant go wrong my friend.

ost

No big deal my friend I caught a bad case of flu from my grandson then just as I was getting over it he reinfected me with another dose ha ha.
My weak lungs make it easy for me to catch any chest type infections its just one of those things I have to live with.
Normally I'm fine but being a 2 year old he mixes with other kids and they share viruses ha ha.
On the up side after laying off the pot for a couple of weeks the chewing is incredible now ha ha.
plus being a better buzzz thanksto the grand baby!
have to give that a try _ when I get too old to smoke (because of lungs) chew is my next go-to
shit i need to cut back on the smoke part myself ,maybe 68 ain't too late!