What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Malawi Style Cob Curing.

Tangwena

Veteran
Sublime images brother I can only imagine the sweet aromas and being outdoor grown the highs are going to be number one.
The Zamaldelica and 2nd harvest Panama are calling my name I can hear them ha ha. Nice work brother your just getting better and better but then I knew you would ha ha.
Once they are aged you will be the local wizard just like the Black Sabbath song everyones happy when the wizard walks by ha ha.

Hombre del mont

Dr of Stupidity
Once they are aged you will be the local wizard just like the Black Sabbath song everyones happy when the wizard walks by ha ha.
I remember the song! (I saw them once, many many moons ago. I even went back stage and met the band!, Tony Iommi had taken a liking to my brothers girlfriend and we all got a back stage pass!

I already have a degree of notoriety, as I always have good weed on me and i like to get everyone high and I'm known as being more than a little ecentric, to say the least.

The select few who have already tried my cobs love them. I'm looking forward to dispensing goodness and magic to my unsuspecting friends, once they have aged further. (the cobs that is, not my friends, although i guess they'll age further too.)

Couldn't have done it without you though brother Tang. Thanks!

Last edited:

Hombre del mont

Dr of Stupidity
This is an interesting thread for sure. However I don't get what "sweating" means ? How do you do it ?

Hi Lebanizer, sweating is the first part of the process. Once the not yet dry buds are compacted, sealed up and placed in a warm environment, they begin to sweat ie The bacteria that are on the weed do what they do (breeding and generally having fun) and their metabolic processes give off moisture which colloects on the inside of the vaccum wrapper; Like when you get some green veg at the shop and they put it in a sealed plastic bag, by the time you get home and take the bag off of the back seat of the car, you may have noticed some moisture inside the bag.
Sometimes though, we don't actually see a sweat if the starting product is already quite dry (must always have some residual moisture left in it before we start), but providing the basic instructions are followed, it will work.

Later today, once my medicine (cob!) has started to wor,k i shall be taking out a few more cobs for final drying, before sealing up for the long cure.

Last edited:

Hombre del mont

Dr of Stupidity
Some New Caledonia buds that were left on the sticks and just tossed into the vac bag.
Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_1006.JPG Views:	0 Size:	115.0 KB ID:	18036946

And here are some Zamaldelicia buds that suffered the same fate.
Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_1030.JPG Views:	0 Size:	95.6 KB ID:	18036950
Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_1031.JPG Views:	0 Size:	96.8 KB ID:	18036951

Look at the Sparkles on that beauty!

A collection of Super Malawi Haze and Goldern Tiger. Some of these little guys have only been made about 3 weeks ago but already have a good smell and i will keep them out somewhere warm for several days before sealing them up for aging.
Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_1030.JPG Views:	0 Size:	95.6 KB ID:	18036950

As you can see, I have copies of each type of cob and will vac the copies up again straight away and let them have another week or so, just for comparison.

The smells are something else. Petrol, turpentine, different leathers, insense, fruits, hash and of course sweetness.

Here's a close up of the experimental " 1/3 Fresh Super Malawi Haze with 2/3 2yr old Malawi".

The bits that appear white, are infact shinning like diamonds in the sunshine! all of the cobs that i've made this year are already sparkling (no salts coming out yet though), but this one is exceptionally sparkly so soon.
The dry part ie, the Malawi was grown by a friend up at 900m in 2019 from a plant that i gave him. Recently he visited and gave me several oz that he would never smoke. It had been kept in a jar but had really come to the end of its life (I've never kept a jar of any weed longer than about a year myself, but then I'm a F'er for the Herb). Don't get me wrong, it's still a damn strong smoke, but it has lost its intensity, so i dont mind experimenting with it. Somewhere i've got some photos of the plant; i'll dig them out and put them up.

Attachments

• IMG_1032.JPG
    IMG_1032.JPG
    106.4 KB · Views: 34
Last edited:

Hombre del mont

Dr of Stupidity
Ok, mine did dry out & I finished the 7 day fermentation. Leaving out to dry a little more for long storage.
It shines bright like a diamond under the light.

I'm looking at the little bit on the left and i'm thinking "eat it".

How's the smell now? much improved I guess, no?

Tangwena

Veteran
Some New Caledonia buds that were left on the sticks and just tossed into the vac bag.

And here are some Zamaldelicia buds that suffered the same fate.

Look at the Sparkles on that beauty!

A collection of Super Malawi Haze and Goldern Tiger. Some of these little guys have only been made about 3 weeks ago but already have a good smell and i will keep them out somewhere warm for several days before sealing them up for aging.

As you can see, I have copies of each type of cob and will vac the copies up again straight away and let them have another week or so, just for comparison.

The smells are something else. Petrol, turpentine, different leathers, insense, fruits, hash and of course sweetness.

Here's a close up of the experimental " 1/3 Fresh Super Malawi Haze with 2/3 2yr old Malawi".

The bits that appear white, are infact shinning like diamonds in the sunshine! all of the cobs that i've made this year are already sparkling (no salts coming out yet though), but this one is exceptionally sparkly so soon.
The dry part ie, the Malawi was grown by a friend up at 900m in 2019 from a plant that i gave him. Recently he visited and gave me several oz that he would never smoke. It had been kept in a jar but had really come to the end of its life (I've never kept a jar of any weed longer than about a year myself, but then I'm a F'er for the Herb). Don't get me wrong, it's still a damn strong smoke, but it has lost its intensity, so i dont mind experimenting with it. Somewhere i've got some photos of the plant; i'll dig them out and put them up.

Love the buds done o natural the Zam is right up my ally ha ha I love the red colored cobs they are so authentic.
Like a kid in a sweet shop at your place brother the New Caledonia would be interesting to try cured like that it looks super tasty.
You sure dont do anything by halves the SMH and Golden tiger cobs will be like trips once aged I'm sure ha ha.

Hombre del mont

Dr of Stupidity
Hi dreaded, I personally liked to chew up up good until it is just liquid, over a period of several minutes, before i swallow it. I usually take a drink of some sorts straight afterwards as i find that large amounts (1gm) of chewed cob can cause me a little reflux/heartburn, (but i do have a bit of an issue gong on, so may not be relavant for younger folks).
The longer it is chewed for in the mouth, the sooner I feel the effects; it can be within 10minutes!

What i have found is that if i do eat very young cob, the effects are quite short lived compared to a more aged cob. The flavour improves with age too.

Tangwena

Veteran
I recently did a seed repro on some Ghana I got via Ace they were getting old so I thought better get some new seeds and at the same time get a look at what they may have in the gene pool.
I have never grown pot from West Africa and this was very different to what I normally grow from East Africa.
I got two females both slightly different terps and looks and 3 males which I used to make the seeds.
The de seeded buds I cured as normal Malawi style they are now going for aging.
These are pics of the buds taken early as the seeds were falling off them onto the floor, before and after curing.

IMG_1409 (2).JPG
IMG_1415 (1).JPG
IMG_1439 (3).JPG
IMG_1439 (4).JPG

Tangwena

Veteran
Oh man Tang, you are the man 🤘

Why thanks you my friend I got lucky as the temps in my shed varied between 35 and 40c during the day it just fermented on its own.
Now after aging it will be as good as its going to be seeing as it was picked early for the seeds.

I had some year old Mulanje cob yesterday I had some chores to do at the mother in laws house cut some trees paint some roof gutters.
I didn't want to do it but when the Mulanje kicked in I blitzed it with a smile and a laugh and several mind wandering trips to nirvana ha ha.
My wife picked up on it straight away as we left home to see her Mum saying " I'm driving" ha ha.

Latest posts

Latest posts