What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Sub Zero Hash - Liquid Nitrogen Hash Extraction by DiMoDz.

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
I don’t know about O2 extractions but I do know that Oxygen DOES NOT BURN because it is not a fuel...... it only supports combustion.
You have a basic misunderstanding, which is normal because you grew up in a 20% O2 environment.

It only supports combustion. Yes. It supports it **EXTREMELY** well. What is mildly flammable in 20% oxygen, will almost instantly incinerate in 80% oxygen. Can you begin to imagine what truly flammable materials do?

YOU will burn in an 80% oxygen environment with a little added heat. Rather sizzilingly quickly. :tiphat:

White Beard

Gus Grissom and his fellow Apollo crewmen were killed by a flash fire in the cockpit due to an oxygen leak IIRC...

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
It was the accident which sparked (I know, bad pun) the switch to a less than 100% oxygen environment. I still can't believe a team of engineers worked on cramming electronics, fabric and people into a 100% oxygen environment. (Edit: Just read up on the incident. I was not aware 100% oxygen environments are 'ok' at 5psi. The test was done at ground level and the unfortunate decision was made to run the test at 16+psi, a level of oxygen which makes fabric and even some metals flammable.)
Definitely a tragedy.

I really don't see how I can stress it enough, air with concentrations of O2 are potentially lethal. Ground level is already 15psi...

F

Fermented

I'll ask the Mods to move this thread to the Hashish forum. There are hundreds of threads like this one buried in the Concentrates (which is for oils not actual hashish) forum when the Hashish forum was divided into two sections : Concentrates and Hashish. The problem was that when this was done the Hashish forum became a sub-forum and the Concentrates forum became the main forum and all the Hashish related thread were left in the Concentrates forum...and every so often an old Hashish thread gets posted on and it rises to the top.

If the resin is melted or dissolved then it's an oil and it goes in the Concentrates forum, all actual hash related threads should be in Hashish forum....if you notice any Hashish threads in the Concentrates forum, hit the red triangle on the left hand side of the first (or any) post in the thread and ask the Mods to move it to the correct forum.

pppp1500

Hey dimodz !
Tu parles français ? tu es du Québec ?
Impressive, I am using always using dry ice for my trim but LN2 is a great idea.
Please message me if you read this ! I'd love some advices...

clearheaded

doesnt look to bad at all for ease of making it 70%-80% trichomes?? be cool to see under a scope. also an added quick clean prob get it to full bubble status..

I would say nitrogen is better for many reason,
1. cold faster
2. wont produce carbonic acid degrading product terps.
3. sealed with that little bit of extra nitrogen will prevent browning/aging of product.
4. of course avoiding water keeps more terps and alot less work no need to dry which again looses more terps.

Last edited:
F

Fermented

Has anyone done LN freeze/sifting recently?
What are the differences between using fresh or dried material?

I haven't tried LN sifting but I wonder if you keep the frames, sifting material and the resulting dry sifted resin frozen then this would prevent the sift from absorbing moisture? (then freeze dry the sift?)

and with any method of sifting, if purity, not yield quantity, is your aim, then very gently agitate the plant material over the screens for a short duration.

A 200 micron/70Mesh Mesh = lines per inch) screen (as used by the author of this thread) is not ideal for single screen sifting as the mesh hole openings are too large which lets through too much broken up green matter. I'd suggest using a 125 ~ 149 micron/100~120 Mesh screen (depending on the material) for single screen sifting.

For a much purer result, use three screens, firstly sift with a 149 micron/100Mesh, onto a 125 micron/120Mesh then 74 micron/200 Mesh screen (resin heads/trichomes will pass through the 100Mesh and the 125 Mesh screens and the mature trichomes will remain on top of the 200 Mesh screen).

Then clean/tap out the screens and re-sift the sift again, stopping when 80% has passed through the screen....resin heads are heavier and rounder than the contaminant, so will pass through the mesh in greater qtys initially when re-sfting, so stop when about 20% remains on top of the screen, this will be mostly contaminant, set that 20% aside then re-sift the resin again). Then card this resin over the 200 Mesh screen so the fine broken up plant matter passes through this fine screen and the resin heads remain on top of the screen (but only do this if the resin heads are still frozen solid or the plant material being sifted was dried and stored for several months or the resin heads might smudge on the screen when carded).

I'd suggest using magnification to check out the material before, during and after sifting, the dry sifted resin on each screen and to know when to stop re-sifting etc, magnification will make you a better hash maker
You can also use a 170 micron/80Mesh frame stacked on top of a 149micron/100 Mesh frame if that's all you have.

i don't think that re-sifting will be possible if the fresh frozen plant material is sifted at room temperature as the sift will probably become damp and clumpy (which I noticed when I once tried using dry ice to sift).

Always use 20X 30X magnification when sifting..battery powered with illumination work well! Check out the plant material before sifting, during and after, monitor the sift on each screen. Magnification will tell when to keep sifting and when to stop.

Good quality dry sifted resin made from my outdoor tropical grown plants is what I reach for every time.

Dry sifted resin is unique in that the trichomes have not been dissolved in chemicals, rinsed with water, heated or squashed like most other extractions. Inhaling dry sifted resin = intact, unadulterated trichomes that gives me an ear warming, forehead buzzing high.....sifting is safe, fun, satisfying etc and you can hit it immediately after you make it!

Happy sifting!

Last edited:

NEVLU

part 3

picture.php

Resin Heads

picture.php

picture.php

I hope you like the report

Stay Safe & Stable

DiMoDz

yes here some pix after one week curing

LSD Resin Heads

picture.php

picture.php

SPG x Satori Resin Heads

picture.php

picture.php

you see the different colors of resin ?

This is awesome i always wondered about this
And this is 10 years ago omg 🥶

Jay-Jay Genetics

Geiler Scheiss, danke fürs zeigen und der inspiration. Haste das mal mit ganz frisch geschnittenen Blüten versucht. zb bei Eishash ganz frische Blüten = fresh frozen kommt ganz anders als, dry frozen Eishash. Wäre intressant ob da auch so grosse unterschiede sind wie zwischen Eishash fresh und dry.

dimodz

Elite StrainCloneHunter
Veteran
Geiler Scheiss, danke fürs zeigen und der inspiration. Haste das mal mit ganz frisch geschnittenen Blüten versucht. zb bei Eishash ganz frische Blüten = fresh frozen kommt ganz anders als, dry frozen Eishash. Wäre intressant ob da auch so grosse unterschiede sind wie zwischen Eishash fresh und dry.

mache nur Frozen dry sift mit trockeneis für siften, das eine methode um schnell wie biomasse zur siften.
3kg is in 1 minute damit ohne probleme möglich wenn alls eingespielt ist.

Jay-Jay Genetics

mache nur Frozen dry sift mit trockeneis für siften, das eine methode um schnell wie biomasse zur siften.
3kg is in 1 minute damit ohne probleme möglich wenn alls eingespielt ist.
Haha hätte ich 2021 im Herbst gebaucht die Methode 1,8k mit der Hand gerührt 🙈😄

Latest posts

Latest posts