What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Zamaldelica

tobedetermined

Premium user
ICMag Donor
Day 100

The plant is telling me that it is just about done. It is nice and colourful but the trichs are still not budging from cloudy. I have now cut the lighting to 10/14 and reduced the food to ec 0.3.

What do you guys think? Wait a bit longer?

picture.php

OZZ_

Veteran
Day 100

The plant is telling me that it is just about done. It is nice and colourful but the trichs are still not budging from cloudy. I have now cut the lighting to 10/14 and reduced the food to ec 0.3.

What do you guys think? Wait a bit longer?

View Image

No way Jose, she’s looking nice and ripe for the picking IMO.

There’s lots of testimonies around here that trichome coloration isn’t the best metric to use in these longer flowering Sativas.

I say take her she looks glorious! :yay:

Tin Goose

chop chop

chop chop

My petite bonsai zamaldelica, around 90 days of flowering.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Took her down some days ago. Decision was hard, lots of trichs were amber but it kept pushing new pistils here and there. When buds are touched it gives a perfumey flower smell that makes your nose tingle.

I cut the main buds and left the lowers in hopes of a reveg. Has anyone succeeded in doing this? I put her with other girls that are vegging under 16/8.

Cheers!

tobedetermined

Premium user
ICMag Donor
No way Jose, she’s looking nice and ripe for the picking IMO.

There’s lots of testimonies around here that trichome coloration isn’t the best metric to use in these longer flowering Sativas.

I say take her she looks glorious! :yay:

Good. I will plan a chop in the next few days. Her tentmate is still several weeks behind.

Snook

Still Learning
Veteran
I'm waiting on Zamldelica seeds, just ordered couple days ago from Gypsy @ REAL GORILLA SEEDS... :jump:
After sending money and getting order confermation on Zamaldelica, they emailed me and said 'woops' were really dont have it, so what else would you like? actually nothing else but had to settle for something else. and it happend a second time at another seed site.. so I'm not getting them.. oh well. I'll check their stock with emails before I send any more money..

RED 1

After sending money and getting order confermation on Zamaldelica, they emailed me and said 'woops' were really dont have it, so what else would you like? actually nothing else but had to settle for something else. and it happend a second time at another seed site.. so I'm not getting them.. oh well. I'll check their stock with emails before I send any more money..

New Caledonia sounds interesting

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi OZZ,

Thanks for your interest! Zamaldelica Breeders Pack will be released next week. I wil post the descriptions of the lines once it is officially released. Zamaldelica lovers are going to be very tempted to give a try to this Breeders Pack ;)

Anyone know what the zamaldelica breeders pack will include? What phenotypes?

I think she should be ready at this point, slightly earlier than your Honduras x Panama :yes:

some more examinations

View Image

Wonderful Zamaldelica grow tobedetermined :) Your Zamaldelica looks a lot like our Zamaldelica elite mother, I wouldn't wait longer, she looks perfectly ripe. Good times coming on your side!

Excellent pruning and training job on your Zamaldelica Tin Goose. A perfect example of how to tame a sativa indoors in a small space. Bravo! :tiphat:

Snook, we have just sent fresh Zamaldelica stock to PANIKZ from Real Gorilla Seeds, hopefully the stock arrive soon so RGS can attend your order as soon as possible.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Zamaldelica regular is back in stock

Zamaldelica regular is back in stock

Happy to announce Zamaldelica regular is back in stock:

https://www.aceseeds.org/en/zamaldelica-standard.html

We are also starting to re stock our wholesalers so hopefully the new stock will be soon available through our official retailers.

This new Zamaldelica regular release contains Zamaldelica F3 bred towards Zamal/mostly Thai qualities (regarding effects and terpenes of finished product), but structurally tamed, high yielding and of early-moderate flowering. It also contains backcrosses towards our Zamaldelica elite mother for more mango-carrot phenos.

Here are some pics of the selected Zamaldelica F2 males used for the reproduction. Thanks everyone for your interest and support :thank you:

Attachments

• 20201021_163020.jpg
    20201021_163020.jpg
    168 KB · Views: 67
  • 20201021_163401.jpg
    20201021_163401.jpg
    250.4 KB · Views: 67
  • 20201111_163752.jpg
    20201111_163752.jpg
    140.9 KB · Views: 71
  • 20201111_163854.jpg
    20201111_163854.jpg
    142.2 KB · Views: 65
  • 20201111_163834.jpg
    20201111_163834.jpg
    167.4 KB · Views: 67
Last edited:

TexasTea

Curious Cannivore
Veteran
Zamaldelica Fem, from seed, under Cob LEDS, 12/12, week 6 or 7...this is in organic soil that is a bit rich, but she is doing great. Just about one meter tall. Total octopus action here, and I actually had to chop a couple of her lower branches last week because she was turning into a floppy untamable mess.

I've always wanted one of these super narrow leaf plants and this one is really needle like, especially at the top. Not much aroma yet but I am sure it will start soon.

TexasTea

Curious Cannivore
Veteran
I didn't top this one because it had started out as a dwarf. So small starting out, with short nodes after more than a month in veg that I was almost going to bin it, glad I let her go.

Wolverine97

Veteran
Hi everyone,

I'm currently in a second run of Zamaldelica fems, seeds from 2018 I believe.

Moving towards third week of flowering. This is one of the (two) girls:
View Image

She keeps pushing upwards, tying her down has been fun :D

Yesterday I took a closer look at the flower sites and found this:

Are those nanners? All other ladies seem to be fine n healthy.
Cheers!

Late reply, but those aren't nanners, they're full blown balls. That is a straight up full blown hermie, as I'm sure you've figured out by now.

Common Sense

I think she should be ready at this point, slightly earlier than your Honduras x Panama :yes:
I did let her go 86 days and she was definitely finished. Leafs looked not to good after the watering mishaps, but the buds were fine.
Still, I don't think I did her due justice, that's why she is on top of the list for "try again and do it better" very soon.
The first samples were awesome!
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

She was a real pain to trim and free her from the dried out leafs.

Cvh

Supermod
Breeder's Packs are Live!!

Bring back shipping to US please if possible.

Breeder packs are indeed available now it seems.
At the moment I post this I see there are only 19 packs left...

Be very fast if you want one.

https://www.aceseeds.org/en/strains/zamaldelicapackcriastandard.html

Zamal is an exotic African Landrace sativa from Reunion Island, close to Madagascar, famous for its extreme vigor and legendary psychedelic effect.

An excellent Zamal mother selected for its trippy effect, fast flowering and remarkable sweet carrot and floral fragrances, was pollinated by the powerful Golden Tiger in order to create Zamaldelica, a super sativa hybrid with strong uplifting and lysergic effect and amazing vigorous growth.

Zamaldelica is receiving an excellent reception among sativa lovers from all around the world.
Its outstanding potency, very high THC content and the quality of its effect have no parallel in recent sativa breeding.

The first version of Zamaldelica was released in 2012 in the form of regular seeds as a direct cross between the Zamal A female and a Golden Tiger F1 male (Old Malawi Killer x Meao Thai). In 2013 we started offering the feminised version of Zamaldelica which is based on backcrosses to our Zamaldelica elite F1.

The discovery of our mother Zamaldelica elite F1 was a turning point in the advancement of breeding with this variety. The Zamaldelica elite F1 captures the best sweet, fruity, floral and musky terpenes, and the best euphoric and psychedelic effects of the Zamal A pure 'mango carrot' phenotype, but with much more resin, more potency, higher THC content (more than 25%), much better adaptability to indoor cultivation, much greater sexual stability and a shorter flowering time than pure Zamal.

In 2015 we continued to advance in the breeding of regular Zamaldelica producing F2 seeds of Zamaldelica elite F1 'mango carrot' and also of the most interesting F1 parents of Zamal/Thai phenotypes. In 2020 we have made a new selection from the best batches of regular F2 seeds, selecting again towards the best Zamal/Thai phenotypes in terms of effects and terpenes, but with much larger yields and shorter flowering times than usual for these Zamal/Thai phenotypes. Specifically, 4 very productive males of Zamaldelica F2 Zamal/Thai phenotypes were selected to pollinate the Zamaldelica elite F1 'mango carrot' mother, the best F2 females of Zamaldelica Zamal/Thai phenotypes, and at the same time that the pure Zamal A mother was pollinated, along with the 'new' pure purple Zamal female and the pure Thai Chiang Mai female, thus producing the interesting and varied offspring of this long awaited regular Zamaldelica Breeding Pack.

Description of the 5 lines included in the Standard Zamaldelica Breeders Pack:

- Elite F1xF2: Very tamed and refined descendent of our Zamaldelica elite F1. This is the line that best captures the qualities of our Zamaldelica elite F1 'mango carrot' mother where the males with Zamal/Thai phenotypes reinforce the most electric and euphoric effects. Plants of moderate vigour, good robustness, short to moderate internode distance, short stretch, fast response to flowering and fast maturation for a sativa. Flowers of very good density, medium size and good flower to leaf ratio. Sweet, fruity, floral and musky terpenes. Clean, pleasant, euphoric and very well-focused effects. This line offers the most intense and refined terpenes, the highest amount of resin, and the shortest flowering times of 10-12 weeks. It will be ready for harvest outdoors in the second half of October.

- Zamaldelica F3 Zamal/Thai: Tamed offspring from our best F2 females and males of Zamal/Thai phenotypes, selecting for floral traits closely related to Meao Thai, but with much larger yields and shorter flowering times than usual for these Zamal/Thai phenotypes. This line produces already quite stable offspring, closer to the characteristics of Meao Thai in terms of the final product (woody, bitter lemon aromas and cat piss, with very nervy, electric effects), but with very manageable growth structures, floral structures and flowering times. Robust and columnar structure for a sativa. The flowers are voluminous, with a good flower to leaf ratio, and surprisingly good flower density for a sativa that was selected towards Thai qualities. Moderate resin production. Flowering: 11-12 weeks. Ready for harvest outdoors at the end of October/beginning of November.

- Zamal A 75%: Backcross to the pure Zamal A mother that gave rise to the first version of Zamaldelica. This is the line that best captures the essence of the pure Zamal 'mango carrot' phenotype (since 75% of its genetic content is Zamal A), although not as tamed as the Zamaldelica elite F1 offspring. Vigorous, highly branched plants with slender, flexible stems and short to moderate internode distance. Floral structures with very good density for a sativa, voluminous and with an excellent flower to leaf ratio, very resinous in the bracts. Woody, floral, fruity (mango) and sweet (sweet carrot juice) aromas and flavours, a little musky. Powerful euphoric and psychedelic effect. Flowering: 12 weeks. Ready for harvest outdoors at the end of October/beginning of November.

- Double Zamal 75%: Offspring of the 'new' purple Zamal selected in 2015, which is characterised by being a very different pure Zamal from the Zamal 'mango carrot'. Purple Zamal is not fruity or sweet at all, and its flowering is longer than the Zamal A 'mango carrot' mother. Its terpene profile is woody with floral touches of violet petals. Purple Zamal has great vigour, strong lateral branching, semi-autoflowering tendencies and a very powerful psychedelic and energetic effect typical of the best Zamal, with the distinctive characteristic of acquiring beautiful purple and reddish tones with low temperatures at the end of flowering, a pigmentation that is rarely found in pure Zamal individuals. Therefore, the cross of pure Purple Zamal with Zamaldelica involves the union of 2 different and divergent Zamal genotypes, fused into a hybrid with 75% Zamal genetic content. Vigorous and well-branched plants, with slender, flexible stems and short to moderate internode distance. This is a wilder, tropical and longer-flowering line, which prefers to be grown outdoors in hot climates, although it will mature properly in cold climates as long as there is no frost. Voluminous floral structures with a good flower to leaf ratio, but not very dense and not so resinous. Powerful euphoric and psychedelic effect that can give some anxiety or panic to users not accustomed to this type of intense journey. Flowering: 14 weeks. Ready to harvest outdoors at the end of November/beginning of December.

- Thaidelica: Incorporation of a new Thai in the breeding with Zamaldelica. Pollination of pure Thai Chiang Mai with Zamaldelica F2 male Zamal/Thai phenotypes has led to the creation of a new Thai- dominant hybrid (62.5% Thai: 50% Thai Chiang Mai, 12.5% ?Meao Thai, 25% Zamal A and 12.5% ??Malawi). This line is the one that best captures the personality and final product of Thai (woody, lemony aromas, green tea, cat piss, and strong euphoric effect without ceiling) in a more desirable and consistent way, but with much higher yields, better adaptability to indoor cultivation and shorter flowering times than the pure Thai, although the size of the plants is larger than the Zamaldelica F3 Zamal/Thai line. Vigorous and well-branched plants, with slender, flexible stems and moderate to long internode distance. Wilder, tropical and longer-flowering line, which prefers to be grown outdoors in hot climates, although it will mature properly in cold climates as long as there is no frost. Voluminous floral structures with a flower to leaf ratio that is, on average, more mediocre than the other lines, and with flowers that are not as dense or resinous. Powerful Thai effect, more positive and better-focused than the Zamaldelica phenotypes that tend towards Meao Thai. Flowering: 12-13 weeks. Ready to harvest outdoors in the second half of November.

The Standard Zamaldelica Breeders Pack contains 5 regular lines (10 regular seeds per line).

tobedetermined

Premium user
ICMag Donor
My #1 Zam fem is jarred. A solid 6 oz of great smelling bud.

#2 is coming down Friday - so almost 2 weeks after #1 - and it looks very different with a lot of side branching. It has the typical zam smell with a hint of some cleaner - Mr. Clean maybe? The leaves are also much narrower than #1.

picture.php

LostTribe

Premium user
I really gotta stop tokin so much. It looks like last years Zamadelica was from the couple f2's I made. I found 2 left from my original pack, got a pack from 11/2019 too just in case. Dropping 1 of the 2 left from 2015. Also a few GT's from 2015.

Also looks like I did in fact run the Malawi, again, gotta toke a little less. Thought it was the Zam that was from 2 years back in an aero set up.

Also got some THH, OHz, A5Hz s1 and Muh C99's to play with. Going to see if my POTH pollen from '16 is still viable too.

After this I hope to start looking more into SE Asians if at all possible.

Smoke um if you Gott um!
:ying:
LT

nldfarmer

Breeder packs are indeed available now it seems.
At the moment I post this I see there are only 19 packs left...

Be very fast if you want one.

https://www.aceseeds.org/en/strains/zamaldelicapackcriastandard.html

Oh the pain, I've been waiting for this for so long. I do appreciate the info though, from what Dubi posted it sounds like inbreeding the F2s at least creates two similar lines from the pack to play with, the F1xF2 and F3 Thai. Thaidelica should be easy enough to make myself, but that double zam and backcross sound so good. Three lines should be enough to play with while waiting on full legalization right :watchplant:?

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Zamaldelica Breeders Pack regular has been released !!

Zamaldelica Breeders Pack regular has been released !!

As Cvh has pointed out (thanks!), we have just released our first Zamaldelica regular Breeders Packs, containing 5 different lines, 50 regular seeds in total.

More info on the official strain description:

https://www.aceseeds.org/en/strains/breeders-pack/zamaldelicapackcriastandard.html

Very very limited stock since only 20 packs have been released and there are 16 left at the moment.

Zamaldelica lovers are going to enjoy like kids in a candy store with this release ;) Thanks for your support!

chilliwilli

Waterboy
Now 14 left:D. Was also hoping to get some x zamaldelica gems from the r&d sections to but was not possible and they don't show up anymore.