What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Looking for guerillas with leaf spot diease experience.

hamstring

Veteran
In my opinion its not leaf spot or any other type of fungus because of the pattern. There is no fungus that I know of that leaves that pattern. Looks more like leaf miners to me.

Screen Shot 2023-10-09 at 2.48.36 PM.png

Mandocat

Some times it just doesn't matter so there's spots. I've had some plants that are just wrecked with spots but that's just a few individuals I cull them out as they should be. I grow in soaking wet NJ and always got some spots, mostly late when who cares. Don't use fungicides, copper , neem oil etc that's just nasty. The solution is selection ,spots are everywhere when you grow in the wet.
“Give me spots on my apples
But leave me the birds and the bees
Please!”
View attachment 18830067
Selection is the only solution, in my experience! Had a pheno of Salvisa, by Lymerising Farms that had no spots, next to plants that were totally devastated. https://www.beegensbeans.com/product-page/salvisa-holiday-hookup

Homegrown5257

I am a bottom land guerrilla . I grow in wet bottom land areas. There is always the ebb and flow of the seasons with lots of old wet dead plant material around. Don't get me wrong the soil is black gold because of the living soil going on but its rife with leaf spot too.

Severity depends on location and I always have to battle with it in some respect, wet or dry season. I have never had the pleasure of growing somewhere with great air flow and dry conditions.

It seemed like 15 years ago I never saw this shit here in the Midwest then bam! one year it was everywhere. Been here ever since.

Do any other old guerrillas remember it that way?

I am just throwing this out there but my climate has become warmer and wetter here in my little patch of heaven.
I remember it that way where I’m at. I took a long break from growing after around 97 or 98 and didn’t take it back up till 2013 and have noticed a lot more issues now vs back then.
I have wondered if it’s possible that a lot of the more modern genetics/strains are just less hardy/more susceptible to diseases due to being bred and reproduced in more perfect environments indoors.

Pédetoddy

I would hazard a guess that this is a root fungus possibly fusarium. Bet it continued to have more limbs or sections die off like that for a short time and then killed the whole plant
that was last season. But still, thank you very much. I have a plant developing the same problem this season.

Attachments

• IMG_20240410_171035.jpg
    IMG_20240410_171035.jpg
    4.1 MB · Views: 4

Pédetoddy

IMG_20240410_171115.jpg
This male has a strange color inside the stem. Approximately one third of males have this color. The others are completely white as normal.

Latest posts

Latest posts