What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Caution when using "Hot Shot No-Pest Strips."

timmyz

Late Flower Mites I be Over Reacting!?

Late Flower Mites I be Over Reacting!?

I am doing a Canna/Perlite Hempy. I'm probably 8 or 9 weeks in flowering an Sativa Hybrid bagseed Jesus OG supposedly. Anyway, I started flushing a week and a half ago, and didn't water yesterday in prep to put it in dark last night to start 36 - 48hr darkness before harvest. Trich's were primarily cloudy, some clear, handful amber. Anyway, read some more threads on when to harvest and got second thoughts, and figured it could go probably go another 2 week or so. So I took it out of darkness after 14hrs and hit it with MaxiBloom ~1/2 tsp per gal. Later, I was doing a little visit and noticed little white dots on leaves! Fuck yeah....freaking spider mites, not 3hrs after I just nuted them. (Yep, my bad, should have prevented better, 1st infestation.) So, I'm researching various Forums trying to find a solution this late in flowering, AND right after I just fed them.

First, I just removed them from my tent and put them outside on the back porch in the dark with 100% Humidity right now. I plan on leaving them outside overnight. Was this a mistake? Am I inviting more critters? Probably should have done that in hindsight, that was my over reaction. Hope I don't cause bud rot because of 1 night in high humidity.

So, I think these are my limited options and I don't really like any of them.
1) Just spray them with a H2O2 and water solution, maybe with ISO, Dawn Ultra and just hold them off as long as I can while re-flushing again? And harvest after a week?
2) Purchase an off the shelf product. SNS-207, Onyx, whatever else, but fight and let them mature for the full 2-3 weeks.
3) I have small perpetual going. No Pest Strip them and just let do their thing harvest whenever they are fully mature.

Other suggestions?

GET MO

Registered Med User
Veteran
I am doing a Canna/Perlite Hempy. I'm probably 8 or 9 weeks in flowering an Sativa Hybrid bagseed Jesus OG supposedly. Anyway, I started flushing a week and a half ago, and didn't water yesterday in prep to put it in dark last night to start 36 - 48hr darkness before harvest. Trich's were primarily cloudy, some clear, handful amber. Anyway, read some more threads on when to harvest and got second thoughts, and figured it could go probably go another 2 week or so. So I took it out of darkness after 14hrs and hit it with MaxiBloom ~1/2 tsp per gal. Later, I was doing a little visit and noticed little white dots on leaves! Fuck yeah....freaking spider mites, not 3hrs after I just nuted them. (Yep, my bad, should have prevented better, 1st infestation.) So, I'm researching various Forums trying to find a solution this late in flowering, AND right after I just fed them.

First, I just removed them from my tent and put them outside on the back porch in the dark with 100% Humidity right now. I plan on leaving them outside overnight. Was this a mistake? Am I inviting more critters? Probably should have done that in hindsight, that was my over reaction. Hope I don't cause bud rot because of 1 night in high humidity.

So, I think these are my limited options and I don't really like any of them.
1) Just spray them with a H2O2 and water solution, maybe with ISO, Dawn Ultra and just hold them off as long as I can while re-flushing again? And harvest after a week?
2) Purchase an off the shelf product. SNS-207, Onyx, whatever else, but fight and let them mature for the full 2-3 weeks.
3) I have small perpetual going. No Pest Strip them and just let do their thing harvest whenever they are fully mature.

Other suggestions?

No 100% humidity unless u want moldy buds! No nothing, kill um with your hands for a week or so while u flush then harvest and clean before next run.

Sativan

I considered using them but read the warning on the label and decided to get rid of the fungus gnats a different way.

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
No 100% humidity unless u want moldy buds! No nothing, kill um with your hands for a week or so while u flush then harvest and clean before next run.
Get Mo has it correct. :tiphat:

Along with spraying everything down (after harvest) with water and isopropyl alcohol, you can pest strip the empty room, before your next grow. ;)

Vandenberg

I remember when these came out around 1965 or so and they were made so potent that a fly would fly in and would drop out the sky mid-flight within seconds, really amazing.
Actually, I'm kidding, they did work well,just not as quick as that but they were actually very strong and drop dead effective back when they were sold exclusively at @ "shell" gas stations as "the shell no-pest strip" when originally marketed back then.

Fun with neuro-toxins, ah yes, I remember it well
. :)

Vandenberg :)

gladysvjubb

Veteran
I use NPS all the time. For more years than i can count.
Guess what???
I am almost 72 years old and I have NO PESTS.
Read and follow directions.

Latest posts

Latest posts