What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Middle term storage in fridge

White Beard

Can, meet worms...

First thing, I want to say this is ‘book learnin’ for me, I have no practical experience yet, but if I get anything wrong, I know I’ll get schooled - which is why I’m here.

Everything I’ve read suggests that cold storage is for long-term, so you’d want a stable well-cured airtight jar. This means you shouldn’t chill uncurled / RH-unstable weed. The reason I say this is because temperature is a known factor in curing, but I haven’t found ANYTHING on “cold curing”. You should no-kidding cure it first. Once the cure is “complete enough” for you (RH settles where you want it) chilling or freezing shouldn’t make a difference in the jars’ internal humidity. The important point is when going to open them: you must bring them up to room temperature before you open the jar, and you should do it over time (24+hr?). If you skip this, the cold bud will condense moisture out of the air, which could lead to bad things.

Okay, I hear you on living where it’s hot, believe me. It occurred to me that you could give your herb a cooler atmosphere by getting a styrofoam (or other) cooler that will hold your jars, and which you could keep a cold beer in...should be able to drop the cooler temp 10f....

Anyway hope any of this is useful

Baloni

I just bought fridge put it on timer set a 5 min every 2 hours and it drives from 65-75F

I found that when temps are at 55F it dry the RH over 10% from 62% to 52% even in vacuum jars. So I ruined my batch possibly.

Baloni

its a fight with RH at fridge somehow it affect RH in jars even when the jars are in vacuum bags ...

if the overthink post is for me ...
I dont have proper cured buds yet and I just wanna make good temps for curing and the timer on fridge maybe is dumb idea but it works for now more than keeping buds at 88F

I'mback

Comfortably numb!
fridges are dehydrators e.g used to dry age beef. Not sure why your vacuum sealed jars in vac bags lowered unless you had a leak.