What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Denver chain of Rec disps is raided

M

moose eater

Yep, but in the end, the teller does the time, and the bank gets a civil fine; just the tax of doing business, to some.

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Yep, but in the end, the teller does the time, and the bank gets a civil fine; just the tax of doing business, to some.

in this case the cost of doing improper business is not doing any business
in the case you describe the bank would be indefinitley shut down, all it's branches and fincancial offices as well and any related licenses
dispensaries in colorado license at 3 levels, grows, labs/kitchens, and point of sale sites - sweet leaf just lost (possibly temporarily) all of theirs

not sure if you understand the gravity of a license being revoked for a business of this type...

when was the last time a bank was entirely wiped out of business for malfeasance of the tellers?
i kind of doubt sweet leaf will be able to pull of out this... could be wrong and only time will tell

M

moose eater

Agreed, it was the closest analogy that occurred to me. Somewhat educated cynical perspective... born of many examples.

And yes, we have some canna businesses up here under scrutiny at the moment. One of which will likely be permanently derailed if the review continues as currently underway. Frozen Budz. Good folks, serious charges, and likely few paths back to one of their owners' former career. Meaning potential or likely devastation or destitution ahead.

Train wreck to behold from a distance.

Agreeing to enter the Gov's arena, sign on to their rules, put yourself on paper, thus under the microscope willingly, and then bend those rules, knowing how close they live to you, is not a wise move.

As I said in a specific post re. weaknesses of this method toward legalization, when you finally invite Godzilla into the living room, don't think you'll be the one telling HIM where to sit. He'll sit where he pleases.

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
owners/managers should be hiring people who know the rules and follow them - or should be educating employees of the rules and how they are to be followed

employees need to protect themselves from risks their employeers want them to take, like breaking the law

i guarantee managers and possibly owners knew what was going on a sweet leaf, and i truly hope the criminal charges reach someone above the budtenders and front of the house people

housing market in denver is NUTS and jobs are in high demand esp weed store jobs.... i would hate live there and to be faced with the choice of breaking the law on behalf of my employer or loosing my 12$per hour job

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Trinidad Colorado has 24 rec stores with a population of less than 9000
Aurora Colorado has 22 rec stores with a population of 367,000

so there is that....

M

moose eater

As was S.E. Holland in relationship to Germany and France.

Both of which regularly lodged complaints similar to Nebraska and surrounding states, who are also probably putting pressure on for increased enforcement, just as France and Germany did.

Gry

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Odd and interesting.
Stuck with an image of an animated godzilla with sessions inside as puppeteer.
[/FONT]

I went to five dispensaries during a recent trip to Colorado. I don't know if this is coincidence but Sweet Leaf really stood out for its sketchy atmosphere.

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
picture.php

picture.php

XXX_710

That sucks for the budtender, as he should've been trained better. It's the owner's fault and he should cover that budtender's legal expenses. You have to know that undercover police will try to trip you up. They do it to bars and restaurants all the time.

I think a cannabis transaction should be private. No one sees what I leave the pharmacy with, but the pharmacist and I.

P.S. - Unregulated buds get you soo much higher!

sticky lungs

there are currently fund raisers to help the budtenders who broke the law. I, personally, don't think I'll be giving any of my earned money to them. I have the same profession as them and have to follow the same laws. Notice, I'm sitting here at work typing, and not in jail. Thats because I follow the laws concerning recreational shopping in Colorado. I do feel that the higher ups and managers "okayed" this practice, but you have to stand up for the laws that have allowed us to operate in this manner. Sad scenario that could have been avoided had the managers and people training the budtenders just stressed the laws that we have to operate within.

ChaosCatalunya

5.2 club is now 8.1 club...
Veteran
The same shit is going to go down in "legal" states where you have a lot of supply, people are already offering and selling over state lines and also International borders, risking big big penalties, for greed.

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
The same shit is going to go down in "legal" states where you have a lot of supply, people are already offering and selling over state lines and also International borders, risking big big penalties, for greed.

This is the norm though.

Legalization (highly regulated) is not normal!

We the people will keep on keeping on!

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
& greed is the name of the NEW entrepreneurs! The ones stealing food from good folks mouths via legislation!

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
That sucks for the budtender, as he should've been trained better. It's the owner's fault and he should cover that budtender's legal expenses. You have to know that undercover police will try to trip you up. They do it to bars and restaurants all the time.

I think a cannabis transaction should be private. No one sees what I leave the pharmacy with, but the pharmacist and I.

P.S. - Unregulated buds get you soo much higher!

True. Yes, business has to be regulated as far as consistent thc % same as Rx at pharmacies, alcohol...anything regulated.
Experienced bud-tenders that did not follow simple protocol in SO CO. Maybe "continuing education" on the part of bud tenders as other industries (healthcare, teaching, transportation, etc. ) have to have to keep licensure.

TimeKeeper

I my opinion this is all on the MED. They took their sweet time in clarifying and defining the grey area of daily limits versus per transaction limits. As far as I know the way Amendment 64 is written there is no daily limit for adult use. It does not say you are allowed to have one ounce per twenty four hour period. The term "looping" is use through out the industry for customers who LEGALLY purchase their one ounce per transaction limit and then leave the premises. They are then free to return at any time and purchase up to the allowed one ounce limit. The MED has approved this practice and it is not a violation of the law. This will all change on Jan 1 and close this loophole. The DPD decided to interpret looping as a violation of state laws and they are wrong. No crime was committed by the budtenders or Sweet Leaf. I am willing to bet that most of the charges will be dropped and Sweet Leaf will be vindicated. DPD will try to save face and get a few charges to stick and then beat their chest and try to act like they are though on crime and that they are keeping the stoners in check. No wonder DPD is one of the worst pig departments in the country. With all of their pending lawsuits and FBI investigations you would think they would do some basic police work and realize that they never had a case and all they tried to do was shut down a 100% legal and compliant business (on the state level) that helps pay their salaries. Clowns.

Betterhaff

Veteran
So how do they limit or control purchases of different type of product? I’m from out of state and understand the limit for me would be 1/4 oz but what if I wanted to purchase flowers and edibles and concentrates, etc. on the same visit.

When I’ve visited I’ve only purchased small amounts of bud (grams) and maybe some edibles since I’m never there that long.

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
That’s a good question Betterhaff.

Though, even out of staters can purchase up to an ounce now.

Latest posts

Latest posts