What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Krome grown/budluver reports

Herbalistic

Herbal relaxation...
Veteran
Hóla Krome & BL :wave:

Nice read and smoke (apparently;)

Krome mon´, I know I have been asking you alot of questions, but I would like to know your opinion considering the vegtime of the purps.

How long you have find she needs to be vegged so she can produce? Also, is it better to grow single colatype of plants and trim all the little side branches, or is it even singlecole type of plant? If not, what you suggest? Does she respond well to bending & bonding (you have seen what I do for my haze´s:) considering yield, or does it only produce fluffy little nuggets with that style?

I know we are using quite different types of growtechniques, because of the space- & equipment differences, but it would still be nice to hear your opinion on this subject!!

And for budluver, I would LOVE to be in your position, because it´s quite clear that Krome is a fine person who has expectional growing skills! Anyway, thanks for taking the time to report of the goodies of Kromemon´!!!

Herbalistic

Herbal relaxation...
Veteran
Yeah Esbe, I know what you mean^^^!

After I saw those pics of Krome´s grown Purp´s I just had to contact an friend who just had purchased a pack of them and ask for a cut´s. First, I did receive male cut, which I used to pollinate my favorite Neville´s Haze cut, but about a month ago, I received two ugly looking female clones which didnt root throught rockwool cube until last week :jawdrop:
Anyhow, I have planted one of them and im going to plant the another one too in the nearby days. It would be fantastic to have results like Krome has!!

G

Koop, I guess I got lucky when it comes to the colorful plants. My blockhead puts off the beautiful colors too, but as far as purple goes, this can't be beat.

Neptune, won't be long I'm guessing. Want purple, purple buds? You've got them.

Piff, sorry I've never run the mendo purps. BCBD advertises the purps as mendo purps ibl, and from what I've seen, it looks very similar. Maybe Neptune will have a better opinion on it in a little while.

Herbalistic, how are you my friend? This current run is the first time I'm doing a few clones of the purps. The first 2 times I grew it were directly from seed, then last time I had 1 clone that I ran. Those times I vegged for about a month and did some good lst and got about 112 grams from each plant. This go round, I vegged for about 2.5-3 weeks and it looks like I'll probably get close to 2 oz per plant. I haven't topped or trained any of these. From seeing how you do things, I would highly suggest LST and a good veg time, around a month or so. The single cola plants look good, I'm just not sure how well they are going to yield. I hope you get yours going soon bro. You'll be pleased I think.

Esbe, come on over. I've got a big bowl packed up for you.

G

Here it is folks as promised...Purps........
As you can see from the previous pics, this is some very pretty weed.When I roll 4-5 joints a day...a bud is a bud is a bud..99% of the time.The purps is so pretty I didn't want to grind it up.Instead I took my time and broke it up with my fingers like we used to do before grinders came along.Not only was the nice purple color on the leaves , it was inside on the inner calyxes as well.
The Purps I smoked was a nice dense egg shaped ,well frosted ,purple nug.The bud was tight and a bit sticky.The nug broke up into a lot of smoke.The scent had a bit of grape to it but more predominantly a lemon scent.I'm not talking Pledge scented lemon but a light woody, earthy, lemon.It was quite a delicious flavor and smell but tough to describe.As usual the weed burned great and left a nice white ash.no nutes left in this bud or any of the others I've had grown by Krome.There is nothing worse than quality bud grown halfassed.No need to worry here..lol..whew.All the flavors experienced so far with Kromes weed have been real clean and light with long lasting after- tastes..Fruity ,light, lasting ,aftertastes.
Purps was smooth on the inhale and grapey, fruity, lemon, on the exhale.It was not expanding smoke.The high was not immediate but solid once it began.The Querkle's high was instantaneous IMO.Not the case here.I liked this smoke.No edge or paranoia and it made me feel very sociable.It was the perfect accompaniment to a thinking activity.I was high but not too high to do something constructive.I consider this a daytime weed.However I also consider it a special daytime weed cuz of its good flavor and functional high.

lc00p4

STORM-TROOPA
Veteran
ahhh purps! why does it always seem like purple weed always has some sort of grape flavor association to it? the lemony, earthy smell must be a nice compliment to the grape.

krome ~ do you use organic nutes and flush early to get that white ash? i used foxfarm's big bloom on these 12/12 from seed white skunks i had and after flushing for 2 weeks, it really brought out the flavor and white ash.

WOW :D
amazing plants you got goin krome... i love your pics as well
ill be around for yet another awesome krome thread!
and budluver... great descriptions.. make my mouth water, literally.

peace
boris

G

Great report BL. You hit everything on the head to a T. The only thing to be added is what you mentioned to me earlier and that was that it just doesn't have the longevity that's desired. It's really good still. Great taste, good high, it's just that you may be smoking again before too long, while with some of the others you would just be getting your equilibrium back. It is a great daytime, functioning herb like BL stated. The flavor is just awesome.

CannaBullies, good to have you bro. You're more than welcome to stick along for the ride. We're more than happy to accommodate around here. Get comfy and enjoy the show.

Hindu Killer, sorry but the position has been filled. Budluver's got a tough job, but someone's got to do it. It seems that she's got it more than under control if you couldn't tell. Thanks for coming through bro. See you around.

Koop, no real organics on this run bro. Strictly Floranova, koolbloom, maxicrop. A good flush at the end will wash out all salts and excess chems stuck in the medium. This and a good cure and you're on your way to A grade chronic.

Goyakla, glad you like. Thanks for stopping by.

BorisTheBlaze, glad to have you aboard another krome kreation. Glad to hear you like. With budluver's reports, it's hard not to drool over most of these.

G

Sugenite's NL/Leopard Kush x Pure Kush

Sugenite's NL/Leopard Kush x Pure Kush

Well, up next is sugenite's nl/lk x pk. I don't think I have too many pics of this one in flower. I have a really beautiful one going right now so maybe I can add pics as it progresses. Here's what I have now though. One thing, when starting these beans, out of 5 I started, I ended up with 1 female and 4 males. One of the males was just beautiful so I ended up collecting some pollen and dusted a blockhead and triangle just for fun. A friend is growing some of these out right now and I'll keep updating my bh and friends thread with their progress. I'll have to get some nug shots tonight of what I have left as I just don't seem to have any pics in the gallery.

N

Neptune

Here's Krome's Triangle
9807KromesTriangle.JPG

9807KromesTriangle2.JPG

and I will recall my first smoke of it... was a month or more ago now.
My internet was down due to comcast screwing with my line, at the time I was paranoid that it was my new Lumatek 1kw ballast --which I stll think is the case... but anyway, not having my normal cyber space addicition present, I decided I would burn down some of this fiery looking erb and chill out on my porch. I was a bit afraid of it, to be honest, so I pinched off just a small ity bity nug and loaded it into my freshly cleaned bong -- no water. First off all, the herb looks devestating... you don't see this kind of weed everyday, infact I would say this is the most frosty nug I have ever seen... I lightly touched the fire to the nug to get as little combustion as possible, took one long pull through, held for a half count and slowly exhaled. Silky smooth on the throat and lungs. The taste was unremarkable except that it does have an ever so slight lemon/kiff flavor. I imedatly felt my blood boiling! The high came quickly and took me away...I quickly lit another hit to ensure a good ride, it was almost like I forgot to smoke more, and then suddenly remembered what I was doing. The first rip had me sailing, and the second sealed to deal. It was strong, too strong at first. My anxiety about taking the second rip got ahold of me, I was thinking, 'damn.. one rip was enough why did you have to go and and get wasted'. I was unable to do anything except breath slowly and watch the wind blow the trees..15 minutes passed and I began to calm down as the sun went down and the evening began. I really like the night, so this was a comfort to me. I soon decided to throw on a greatful dead concert that I had been saving for a year, for the right mindset. I was in the right mindset... pop'd on a dead show and took another rip.. before I knew it I was groovin' solid in my living room, just a maniac having a ball... what a long strange trip it was. Many thanks to Krome for such an evening.

And one of my own, Organic Granddaddy Purple from my personal jar. this is definatly my comfort ganja. One can get very far into this herb without becoming overwhelmed.. total body and mind relaxation. Blessed purple!!
9807oGDP.JPG

G

Neptune...Great report Friend.I was right there with you.I had a similar experience with the Querkle 2...not the "Oh my gosh I'm too high" panic but the effect was instantaneous.The triangle is great weed no doubt.I'll be doing another report on it shortly.I did love your report Neptune.

N

Neptune

thanks budluver, it is really great ganja.. can't wait till I have a bigger stash of it! I am also eager to try the purps, I have not gotten to sample this one yet.. hmmmm!! gime about 60 daze!

Goyakla

Wooooooow .... that is SOOOOOOME weed u have going there.
Ive grown NL/OG Kush/pure Kush.. looks allmost like this wonder.
Its a killer strain.. watch out when testing.. its come FAST and strong.
To much and u got panic.. and then deep relaxation
Let get some smokerep.. while smoking... its should be mandatory imo ??
Its extremly funny and give u a great feel of the strain.
Peace :rasta:

70s_PotHead

Damn Krome your purple budz are just bitchen dude killer skills :canabis: :respect:

70s :joint:

Last edited:

kathmandu

krome... those pics will put you in trance if not careful, thats the kind of sht i can stare at for very long periods of time until something pulls me back into reality.
peace and nice thread

Last edited: