What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Sour Diesel Vs. New York City Diesel

mysticls

rez; would you recommend someone to wait on the new sour d before ordering? i ordered a pack and they got intercepted in the mail so now i am debating on order another pack.. should i just get double strawberry d and chemdog d x sour d for now and wait for the new sour d or should i order another pack of sour d instead of the above 2 choices?

~Shhh~

JETS
Veteran
Bob the sweet & sour looks very good man, the last picture of the live plants looks amazing, fantastic work bro. How long did they take to finish?

house

Bob those crosses are amazing, incredible work! Looks like you've found some elites of your own.

Sideshow-Bob

Veteran
REZDOG said:
Bob,I'll give you some of the Next-Gen Sour Diesel IBLs to run when they're ready in a few months.
Howzzat?

**Remind me upon release,I don't usually 'beta' the SD IBLs,as I have No Real Need to.
I also suffer from no short-term memory,I wonder why? :smile:
(Um,where am I??) :D :D

Wow rez :woohoo: thanks man :smile: I'm gonna pay you with pics - for every one of the 160 bucks you will get a pic :biglaugh:

~Shhh~ said:
Bob the sweet & sour looks very good man, the last picture of the live plants looks amazing, fantastic work bro. How long did they take to finish?

The last one is out of my last run - it took 9-10 weeks to finish...

house said:
Bob those crosses are amazing, incredible work! Looks like you've found some elites of your own.

Hehe, no elites here my friend :wave: just some good pot - i personally think elitism sucks! :wink:

greetings

bigherb

Veteran
theres no comparison son its embarssin im smokin on all of the killers in all new york.sours is disgustingly delicious.lime skittles sour candy fuel taste that lingers like a bad cold.far as potency sours is a knockout rip stone.while nycd is happy uplifting euphoric bud.taste is exotic grapefruit .very nice bud .but i like the most potent shit and prefer a darker taste.so i dont think they should be mention in the same sentence.its all according to ur cup of tea but i drink espresso.

bigherb

Veteran
how is it if soma nycd has diesel x affie hawaian its not potent.i was also wondering excatly when he made this cross.because ive been somkin it i think since bout 2004. n i thought it was before all that noise in the dam.

Smoking Gun

bigherb said:
how is it if soma nycd has diesel x affie hawaian its not potent.i was also wondering excatly when he made this cross.because ive been somkin it i think since bout 2004. n i thought it was before all that noise in the dam.

Soma made the NYCD cross around 2000/2001 or so and I believe it was released to the public around '02. His cross has 0 Diesel in it. The original Diesel is from the ChemDawg lineage, which originated (kinda) in New England. It was named Diesel by the grower who grew it in New York City. Soma's NYCD is totally unrelated.

The real Sour Diesel also comes right out of the ChemDawg family tree, it is crossed with Mass Super Skunk. There are several other versions of Sour Diesel that are floating around. RezDog had an IBL version and I have seen a strain called East Coast Sour Diesel (ECSD), but never has it tasted liked the Sour D I had on the east coast. The sample I had from the east coast was exactly as you described it, like lemon candy (I went with lemonheads) and something indescribable, that fuel taste. I have yet to see that flavor on the west coast.

bigherb

Veteran
greatly appreciated smokin gun. its also nice too see someone else has had the pleasures of the sours. witout the hoooraa from cali. spread the love spread the knowledge.
peace n happy tokin

amoS

Hi,I tried the SD in Amsterdam at the Amnesia cs and tried the NYCD that I got from Soma and i have to go with the NYCD but I will say that the SD from Amnesia looked great but just did not have the taste or the high of the NYCD . Peace.........

keetypoo420 said:
Yeah this was more of a smoke report, and you must of got some bunk sd cause that is way better than any nyc I've ever sampled

NO shit. We used to call Soma's version the NEW YORK NO DIESEL.

:laughing:

NYCD is great..for producing giant beautiful commercial buds.

Smoking Gun said:
The real Sour Diesel also comes right out of the ChemDawg family tree, it is crossed with Mass Super Skunk.

Are you speaking about the strain chem or the person himself? Cause chem is nothing more than a (very lucky) bean grower.

But than again if he never grew out those bagseeds we wouldnt have any of this diesel/chem/kush (at least not to my knowledge) so regardelss, RESPECT.

- ezra -

.strangelove.
Veteran
Niemand said:
I liked my "Mercedes" Diesel Pheno of Omega Diesel BEST! And I would give my left testicle to get IT back!

far out man, thats giving testicles away a little too easy. I dont think I would ever give away one of my testes for a pheno. get some beans dude, and dont harm the jewls - for the love of ganja...

:muahaha:

Smoking Gun

tenfeetofganja said:
Are you speaking about the strain chem or the person himself? Cause chem is nothing more than a (very lucky) bean grower.

But than again if he never grew out those bagseeds we wouldnt have any of this diesel/chem/kush (at least not to my knowledge) so regardelss, RESPECT.

I was talking about the strain.

And ChemDawg the grower, may e one of the luckiest growers ever. Not only was producing ChemDawg (the strain) and Diesel an absolute stroke of luck, but so was the production of Sour Diesel and OG. So I agree wholly that ChemDawg is a lucky grower, but if it took luck to create those genetics, so be it.

Ok folks what came 1st the chicken or the egg?Was their ever a peep mentioned about diesel befor Soma released his NYCD in 99,00.I think not come on people dont jump on the bandwagon and say things like NYCD has no diesel in it and REZ was the one who made the real diesel into seed form.hahahaahahaha bigest bunch of B.S. I have ever heard!!!!!!!!!
I,ve been growing NYCD since 99 i was the first person to bring it to the states,(eastcoast) passed clones up and down the coast, hummmmm about the same time peeps started raving about DIESEL makes ya wonder doesnt it.Rez Sour d is ok ive had it many times.But well grown 70,77 day NYCD just blows everything out of the water,it has a soaring heartpounding high that just comes in waves omg and the flavor is like a sour,skunky,armpit odor that is out of this world it lingers on the tounge and in the sinuses after each hit.Truly amazing herb. Now i got my seeds a while back directly from Soma. i've know that Soma has been busted a few times since then and have wondered if maybe he lost a parent or something and maybe it has changed?I could only guess that would be the only reason for a change in the NYCD if their ever was a change in the first place.That would be the only reason i could possibly fathom that people would say NYCD is weak and has little flavor because the NYCD i have is a very very special plant.I now live on the west coast and people are amazed by NYCD out here many people are growing it out west and people like to change the name of my NYCD clone to,Chemdog,SourD,Headband,SourKush,hahahahaha its so funny how peeps are out here in Cali.They always want to stake claim to something and thats all good cause iv accuired some good strains out here,bubba,og,pk,tw but thats about it.

So the moral of the story is NYCD is waaaaayyyyyyyyyy better than the sour d, my NYCD cut atleast.Rez done pretty good on his sour d you just got to take it for what its worth, look at his seed company his LOGOS,STRAINS,are complete and utter nock offs of once great strains that REZ rides the waves made long ago all the way to the BANK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Not one original strain does REZ produce just take your bullshit filters out and take a good look!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
peace and love through marijuana,
allwhazefaded and Fam

HIGHINSP

im over here in california and i will be the first to say...NYCD (the real deal) is waYYYYYY stronger then sour dee...there's like 5 distinct phenos of supposed sour dee going around...and none of them...even the bomb sour dee's that get re-named "headband"...cant fuck with some real NYCD...NYCD's name has just been mis-used so much that people think it's a mid level strain...when in fact most people have not tried real NYCD...or sour dee...but between the 2 NYCD...for me...the high was at least twice as long...with little to no burnout...just a smooth landing to the bed...high
after thinking a little more...maybe i just got a bomb mystery strain...that was re-named NYCD...california is full of poser pot

Sideshow-Bob

Veteran
amoS said:
Hi,I tried the SD in Amsterdam at the Amnesia cs and tried the NYCD that I got from Soma and i have to go with the NYCD but I will say that the SD from Amnesia looked great but just did not have the taste or the high of the NYCD . Peace.........

Hi Soma :smile:

If i would judge nyc diesel by what i've bought as nyc diesel in amsterdam lately, i wouldn't like it at all...

so don't judge the sour from what you've bought in shops in amsterdam :wink:

I like, as written, the taste of your Nyc Diesel better than sour D. But concerning the high, nyc diesel just can't be compared to sour D...

why are you not posting with your real nickname Soma amoS?

greetz

edit: as for the guy who posted before me: what is it with you americans? everytime somebody says he does not like a strain as much as you do, ten of you folks come and tell that it just could not have been the "real-deal" then...

never heard of tastes being different? it's so ridicule sometimes...

Last edited:

HIGHINSP

Sideshow-Bob said:
edit: as for the guy who posted before me: what is it with you americans? everytime somebody says he does not like a strain as much as you do, ten of you folks come and tell that it just could not have been the "real-deal" then...

never heard of tastes being different? it's so ridicule sometimes...
wassup the bobby...please go back and re-read my post...im sure you skipped over the part where i said there's alot of poser (in case my "American" slang goes over your head this mean fake re-named strains) bud in california...shit gets re-named alot...with different strains being pased off as NYCD or SOUR D Kush...or some other bullshit ass name...whats up with these europeans thinking they're like the marijuana police...im sure you have a great deal more knowledge on amsterdam or...where ever the scene where you get your weed is...and i have a greater understanding of the california (southern) scene...so please dont get your little stoner feelings upset with all Americans...we do things different then you euros...high