What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Medical marijuana for New York?

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran
crazed said:
I realize this bill would only allow for patients with life threatening diseases, but hopefully we can baby-step our way to freedom.
Also crossing fingers.
certainly not picking on you bro just going to remind you and everyone else to read the letter of the law, in the article it didn't quote from any proposed statute but it did say this, "Under the measure, to acquire marijuana a person would have to have a debilitating or life-threatening illness and would need a doctor's note certifying that marijuana would be beneficial". My debilitating illness is the severe arthritis in my spine causing well documented spasms keeping me from work....... what's yours? There are a vast number of 'debilitating illnesses' out there, it's why the feds HATE med mj laws, too loosely interpreted and therefore corruptable under those state guidelines.......

btw the real issue will be with the 2.5 oz of 'cultivated pot' or 12 growing plants. if they weigh my harvest 1-2 days after harvest it's going to weigh a lot, 4 to 5 weeks later after going through most a proper cure it will of course weigh considerably less.......

If a person formed a co-op you could get around the 'selling' law by claiming that the 4/5 members chip in for all expenses monthly, it'd also explain why there's a half pound plus curing at any given time. Creative bookkeeping would help you pay for (thereby charging co-op members for) a portion of the rent or mortgage, electrical billing, lights, bulbs, nutes, filters, seeds, etc. In fact if you were the only 'working' member of the co-op you'd be allowed to include a salary for your time. I'm a member of two food co-ops in MN, I work at none & therefore pay a higher rate for my goods.......

Use but don't abuse the law, keep a low profile, staying under the radar of local leo will keep you out of the eyes of the feds.

Chomp

It's up to the senate again...but if you read the end of the bill it says that it won't go into effect for 18 months after it becomes law...WTF!!!!

flexo

i think you have to put the reference number in: S6303

i got this:
S6303 RULES No Same as
Public Health Law
TITLE....Provides for medical use of cannabis

06/17/07 REFERRED TO RULES
01/09/08 REFERRED TO HEALTH
06/23/08 COMMITTED TO RULES

same as the post above............