What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Chemdawg D (??) vs Pacific's G13...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dusty Bowls

honestly its the secret passer outers that get fake cuts, and are the reasons for threads like this

if you get it and say ya wont dont!

ps > joe b gave #4 to me and swerve and i think swerve passed it out to um everyone.

G

dusty- joebrand sent the #4 out to other people, it wasnt just you two. :wink:

masterlow37

Veteran
Pride/Greed/$$$

Pride/Greed/$$$

nick11 said:
OMG Cedarberry your so right, I can already picture the threads ending up like the OG Kush ones with people fighting over what cut they have and who it's from etc.
If Pride/Greed/$$$ wasn't the bottom line here & all the real deal "cuts" were freely passed around, there wouldn't be a need/reason for fake cuts, hybrids of the legit cuts, arguments over the same, patients not getting the legit cuts for their meds & seed makers trying to capitalize on the less-fortunate Elite-Cut starvin weed public !...You'd think these so-called-clones Masters would want as many peeps tokin their offerings as possible, yeah right ! :2cents:
:smoke:

Dusty Bowls

then what would be special man and how would we be able to get better stuff if our stuff was everywhere someone with something special wont want to see what i have if it is not as special as theirs its just how it goes. if you find it you keep it and keep it to people who do their own similar justice. jmo

G

cuts are freely passed around all the time. the guys that do get um out, dont just send to any joe, there sent to guys they TRUST.....not that anyone is bein called untrustworthy, but to feel comfortable, you send to guys you know and have a growin relationship with,hehe.

quite a few of us have a large bunch of friends, now when i hit someone up with a cut, that i deal with, then its up to them to ensure there crew of buddies get it and so on.

thats how they all get around, and like chem, its the new kid on the block, gonna take some time before its out and about. there are those that wont pass it around, and feel like they are somethin special cause they have it, and you ya poor slob dont, nanny nanny and so on.

them guys always callin everythting theres, mine, rare, special, limited and whatever else. you know, they have it you dont, kinda mentality. hell i used to think i was special cause i had a elite, LOL.

no way to express how much alot of ya would be dissappointed with alot of the cuts floatin around, even hate to see guys jonesin for a taste of the lastest hype.

same old shit.........do your time, show your skills, and they eventually come around.

CBF

G

"You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Cedarberry again."

great post, i couldnt have said it better. :D

bartender187

Bakin in da Sun
Veteran
Cedarberry said:
cuts are freely passed around all the time. the guys that do get um out, dont just send to any joe, there sent to guys they TRUST.....not that anyone is bein called untrustworthy, but to feel comfortable, you send to guys you know and have a growin relationship with,hehe.

quite a few of us have a large bunch of friends, now when i hit someone up with a cut, that i deal with, then its up to them to ensure there crew of buddies get it and so on.

thats how they all get around, and like chem, its the new kid on the block, gonna take some time before its out and about. there are those that wont pass it around, and feel like they are somethin special cause they have it, and you ya poor slob dont, nanny nanny and so on.

them guys always callin everythting theres, mine, rare, special, limited and whatever else. you know, they have it you dont, kinda mentality. hell i used to think i was special cause i had a elite, LOL.

no way to express how much alot of ya would be dissappointed with alot of the cuts floatin around, even hate to see guys jonesin for a taste of the lastest hype.

same old shit.........do your time, show your skills, and they eventually come around.

CBF

welll said cbf

G

hello there..
yup CEDAR hit it dead on.....

''"do your time, show your skills, and they eventually come around"".

FACT thats the way it works, i'm living proff of that..
grow them all!!.......

i will be growing the #4!! will i grow the D do i even have the D.......

G

Only thing I am disappointed in is the selfishness that has come upon growers and breeders alike. Why would you not want to share with fellow loyal tokers around the world this marvelous plant? Why would you want to play a role in the resistance of spreading great strains? I understand some people fuck up strain genetics up and what not, but who cares... just about everything you do in life you have to take the good with the bad.

It just seems no one gives a shit about the small growers sometimes... everyone on a high horse and most importantly how corrupt this plant has made people which I believe is the exact opposite of its existence. There may be personal reasons for withholding some strains, but if they never populate gardens the probability of it being carried on is small, so when everything is said and done (death) no one will get to have certain strain because you decided not to share it, wow great contributing to marijuana and its society.

Yea you might be something special for having that cut, but it don't mean shit when your gone, and the person props should really be going to are the ones that share this strain, ensuring some part of it lives on to further generations, whether it be 100% the same clone or not.

Not trying to start anything, but you guys need to lighten up and realize what exactly is happening. I am not saying start shooting cuts out of your arse but you may think your preserving a strain when your doing the exact opposite.

Last edited:

Pbud

The words " little resin and smell " should never be said in the same sentence as chemdog d. You def got something else because you would know if you had the d. That one is pretty guarded i heard.

cannigrow

suicide - somnetimes it's not a matter of of hoarding it. It's just a matter of a nice strain limited to a certain area or group of people. It's not like you, me or anyone else would go out of our way to make sure we sent cuts to all kinds of randoms. ANd sometimes people are afraid of seeing something like Chem D getting mass produced, flooding the market.

Eventually anything that's worthwhile will come out in various seed forms for everyone to try..even the dawg strains...Chemdog will not let you guys down, for sure.

Last edited:

Pbud

I think everyone needs to remember that chem saved those seeds since 91. We(J.B. and friends) smoked this chem in co in 91 and if not for chem saving those seeds(i'm sure i threw a couple of those away back in 91) he found in the lb. that was sent there would be no chemweed for anyone now or in the future so let him be as guarded as he wants!!!!!! Man that was a long sentence.

Last edited:
G

It pisses me off for people to imply that someone is greedy because he doesn't share with people he doesn't even know. People act like they are entitled to cuts when they don't even know the person holding them. For anyone to imply Chemdog is greedy just shows that they don't know what the fuck they are talking about. Nobody has to share a fucking thing with anybody, people share with FRIENDS and friends are people who don't act like they deserve what you have. I have shared what I have (with the exception of the D, don't pm, lol) with friends and people who act like friends and would not ever share anything with anybody who acts like they fucking deserve it. If you want an elite cut, pop some fucking seeds and do the work it takes to find one, in every handful of seeds there is an elite just waiting to be grown. Then not only do you have something special but you can also be proud of something that you actually worked for, not something that somebody just gave you. I know everyone wants a piece of the dog but I think that Chem deserves a chance to be involved in getting seeds out to the public after he gets through his personal business, you know sometimes things in life have to take precedence over growing herb no matter how much you love weed. Instead of focusing on the cuts that you don't have, people should be appreciative of the ones that they do have and just have the patience to let what's going to happen happen.

Even though I can't share the D anyhow, I would never share any of my genetics with anyone who thought it was their birthright to have them. Nobody has a right to anything that they didn't work for, they might be lucky and be gifted like I was but it was hardly my "right" to get anything. Even a blind squirrel finds a nut every now and then.

SmokeyPufmaster

Veteran
Well said RD, Also this is still an illegal activity. Who's gonna walk around with clones to give to strangers? Who's gonna sacrifice their security to see that you get a cut? Like RD saids "only friends". If you don't have friends you must grow seeds. That's the nature of the game today.

Hindu Killer

Veteran
I understand both sides of this issue. We , those that love these plants and find ourselves willing to take great chances with our freedom to be able to cultivate them. See these elites and peeeps with a list of them ..think its natural to share. Karma of the overgrow attitude so to speak. And it should be! However.....it is alot to ask of a complete stranger.( Whom may have enough material to land him or herself in prison for X # of years...) To send you /me the stranger some material . Risks are involved! Im sure we all understand this. Or should!
Be patient...I am! It will happen if it's meant to be!!! Peace!

A.N.Other

high icmag, so many people don't want you to grow this plant that it seems daft for the community itself not to share amongst itself and it is certainly daft to fall out.

SmokeyPufmaster said:
Well said RD, Also this is still an illegal activity. Who's gonna walk around with clones to give to strangers? Who's gonna sacrifice their security to see that you get a cut? Like RD saids "only friends". If you don't have friends you must grow seeds. That's the nature of the game today.

i don't want to start any kind of friction as i'm not a face but this plainly isn't the only issue here, RD said it himself, he shared all his stock with his friends EXCEPT the cdD so it either came with conditions or it is being kept for reasons of exclusivity. THAT is the nature of the game today.

times have definately changed in the world and though i think security has a part to play i secretly suspect this is indicative of deeper issues in counter culture society and indeed society at large. these conditions have been mentioned in the context of trading amongst friends, not amongst strangers.

rudedude said:
I have shared what I have (with the exception of the D, don't pm, lol) with friends and people who act like friends

it would be tempting to agree with Cedar about some people, "guys always callin everyting theres, mine, rare, special, limited and whatever else. you know, they have it you dont, kinda mentality" and i suspect i would entirely if i had had a bad day but the sun is shining and i can't quite bring myself to believe that people are so egocentric or greed motivated.

from the view point of the little guy, a.n.other, joe public, jonny world-at-large, the trend now seems to be for the [logistically difficult to sell in an open market] clone to come first closely followed by the hype and then followed by a [logistically easier to sell in an open market] seed line that sells on the merits of the clone which it may OR may not accurately represent. whilst this is great for some growers who get to grow the latest big ting it isn't necessarily great for the development of the cannabis gene pool and the continued improvement of our gardens. the propogation and hybridisation of elite clones as an interseting side line, the sauce on the meat and veg of the seed industry if you like, nothing more. market forces seem to be pushing many breeders into procuring western elite clones rather than searching the globe for new and exciting landrace stock from which to build a new or improved cultivar.

this is not to say these clones shouldn't be worked and that the original finders are greedy for wanting to do so. everyone deserves to make a living and there will always be a market. many people prefer seeds to clones, others don't have the ability to network far enough to score clones (med users outside of friendly states/countries for example) so this shouldn't limit the ability of people to share the cut. there are plenty of examples of freely shared clones that also have a top selling seed lines associated with it so nobody should lose out if financial recompense is the problem. anyone with sense, even if they have the original clone, will want to see the properties of the clone well represented in a seed line for back up and archiving if nothing else.

ukcheese is a great example of how growers can preserve a great sport plant through sharing and breeders can still make a buck (big buddha with a couple of cheese lines not to mention a few people at this site who have a least tested working with her). she has been shared freely since her discovery by growers associated with the haz manor scheme and the exodus collective in 1989 that is why it is so widely available. the only condition she ever came with was "share" and that has led her to even cross oceans!

really though, rude dude hits the nail on the head when it comes to elites:

rudedude said:
If you want an elite cut, pop some fucking seeds and do the work it takes to find one, in every handful of seeds there is an elite just waiting to be grown. Then not only do you have something special but you can also be proud of something that you actually worked for, not something that somebody just gave you.

and let's be honest, growing a few seeds and keeping cuts of each, smoking the end product and finally selecting the best for you isn't brain surgery.

thanks for the interesting read and views as ever icmag. :wave:

G

Empathy and sympathy. Ultimately there is a underlying motive and I don't believe it is preservation. I don't believe I am owed the cut by any means but would love to see it someday in my garden. I don't see it happening anytime soon, not even in seed form. Just my opinon.

Last edited:
G

Rude Dude is right in terms of being happy with what you got. That's a good rule for life in general otherwise you don't realise how good you have it because you are always hungering after something else. All of those elite phenomes and that's what they are : phenomes, were seeds once. WHose to say the next elite isn't in your pack?!

Grow your seeds, have a good time and find your keepers. I have never asked for clones , seeds , etc. but people have offered them to me out of the blue. It's just weed, I have been suprised at how subtle the differences or flavors that are hyped really are.

However, I never have given anything away with conditions... but I haven't bred anything either.

It is nice to have smoke/grow reports to see what a larger pool of peoples experiences are with a plant you may grow.

D

dankiestog

well sounds like i would love this one love that Og kush love g-13... ummmmmm lucky peps...

chemdog isnt the same as......Og kUsh anyone think there related..are maybe the same...???

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts