What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Black Domina from Sensi Seeds

G

we are still curing ours... i am 'cheating', taking a small bud here and there... the verdict so far.. good weed, but not great..

will it make it into out permanent garden... if the decision was made today (which it won't) , the answer would be no... will update in a few weeks...

titoon29

Travelling Cannagrapher Penguin !
Veteran
if the domina is cut too soon, paranoia and black ideas come, some of my friends can't stand it, i like it but just a little bit....let her 60/65 days and you ll see the enormous stone of the domina...

potriffic

well this post on black domina is good!! I actually just sprouted about 10 black domina seeds, from sensi seeds and they are definatly the growers of the 6 different ones i got going. they are probably 2 weeks old, and can't wait to taste them. :joint:

pot

caduceo

Excellent smoke report on its own Kokua, and in comparison to some of the others on this board, absolutely brilliant. You did everything, you even listed its weakness. Almost nobody gives that information. Its all THIS WEED IS THE BEST EVER PERIOD FOR EVERYTHING EVER. And its not true, theres a reason why there are so many strains.

hamstring

Veteran
kokua
I love to se a smoke report with BD compared to Endless Sky from Dr GTH. Both are considered knock out. I want to see how they compare.

Sideshow-Bob

Veteran
Hey kokua :wave:

haven't read you for a while - still alive?

have the bd atm... don't like it... it's an afghani dominant pheno - taste/smell is similiar to Sensi Star and K2 - which i both kicked cause of the ghani taste/smell...

but it's some really potent shit...

21805BlackDomina-bud-1-med.jpg

21805BlackDomina-makro-1-med.jpg

21805BlackDomina-makro-2-med.jpg

greetings :smile:

Y

YwouldntI

wow i dont believe i missed this one,i been growin her for a few years i love the smoke all the bd usualy ends up as personal-lol-here is one i just put under 12/12 on the 8th i got it from clone a while back and never let her die out,even when i shut down for a while i made sure to give my buddy that has a room some cuttings,that way when i got bac goin again i would still have her around here goes the pic love the thread bro peace-Y-

and some bd bubble

laters....

zachrockbadenof

Veteran
we grew 2 bd's last grow, kept mums, it is ok smoke, but def not a killer strain (imo).. maybe there is a better pheno tobe found, but the mums we kept are headed to the recycle bin...

Sideshow-Bob

Veteran
Hey :wave:

Smoked some Black D. yesterday... Wow this is some dangerous shit! I was knocked out for 3 hours (note: i think i am what is considered a heavy smoker :wink: ) - lying on the couch and tryin to move :biglaugh: this is the strongest indica couchlock stone i've ever experienced :woohoo:

The taste is still not what i like - but i think i'll keep her around :wink:

greetings

Last edited:

sunnyside

Plant Manager
Veteran
hey sideshow..im still around. I have switched back to my og nic. I had to start the kokua account to loose some troublesome trolls. They have since moved on, and I have found my password for the old account. So sunnyside it is!

The Domina is some powerful smoke. The one thing that gets me is that this plant is the only plant that has ever given me a hangover. It happens every time. If I smoke this herb too close to bed time, I wake up with a serious hangover. Nothing like alchohol, but it really difficult to shake the groggy feeling the next morning for the first few hours. THere is no waking up refreshed after this trip. :) lol

My favorite mix is a joint of 2/3 ecsd and 1/3 domina. It is a really nice blend. I suppose any sativa could make up the 2/3 and you would have a nice salad. :)

My taste doesn't come out anything similiar to the stars I have tried. The stars were more mentholly...the dom is more spicey. I prefer the domina to the star.

zachrockbadenof

Veteran
yo guys.. what pheno do u look for?? the ones we grew had hugh fans leaves, squat, and while the stone was nice, def was not killer..

sunnyside

Plant Manager
Veteran
find the plant that suites your needs. Lots of folks talk about phenotypes. A phenotype is how a particular plant grows given its environment. It's like humans. You could take genetically identical twins and give them two distinctly different environments and they will grow up to be completely different from each other. Environment is everything for phenotypic variation.

Grow you seeds out, take cuttings of all of them before you switch them to flower. Keep good records and keep the cutting of the buds that did well in your garden. Its that simple.

If you didn't find that "killer" try something else. :) But keep in mind too. I have grown seed plants out that were not as good as the subsequent clones and visa versa. The end result is just as much genetics as it is environment and the plants quality of life :)

Last edited:

sunnyside

Plant Manager
Veteran
JJ...one of my all time favorite movies for a lazy sunday afternoon :) I ain't going anywhere anytime soon.

Verite

My little pony.. my little pony
Veteran
I got a bunch of BD going right now including a 4 foot monster. Looking forward to checkin it out.

i don't think anyone's personal account of BD is wrong.
we know that almost all strains need some searching to find a super pheno.

on that note, i myself was fortunate enough to have tried the
knockout pheno that some here speak of. man, it does stir up some memories of the college days. my hippie friends brought in the best of the best, at a hefty price, from california. variety was abound, all of what most would refer to as "elite".

one christmas season, a handful of us were having a session and one member pulled out a bag of what i thought were beasters.
"Nice beasters," i said.
"DUDE, i said the SAME thing when (name) gave this to me as a
present!" he replied.
He said he was going to let us try his "gag gift" and packed a bowl.

I took a hit then started hearing fizzing sounds, which ultimately
turned out to be my brain cells melting away. (ok that was a joke line)
But yes, it was the single strongest stone i've experienced yet.
Very little personality to it, but powerful enough to put a virtual
sleeperhold on you quickly. I remember a lot of naps while this was in town.

It tasted good for what it was, very hashy but also like fruity pebbles. Extremely thick blankets of smoke that choked you out.

I was very happy when the Grey Mist came back in supply. This strain is the best overall strain i have smoked to date. I'm sure some of you have experience with this one.

On the entire high spectrum, the Domina places very far on the heavy end. This trait is what i think makes the strain so special.
It's like a sledgehammer that you can call to duty when the situation asks for it.

thank you all for the opportunity to share my experience.

G

Anymore info about particular physical characteristics to look for? I agree environment plays a part to an extent,but there are often giveaways to the killer phenos.I have 4 in late veg that are very stanky squat wide very wide fans.Only one has any real height to it

I hear alotta people talk about black d males you should keep em or give sum1 the pollen,becuzz over at the old overgrow sum1 had a black domina male and OMG he was huge and he hit up a black D female and made seeds and he found like 3 or 4 keepers :joint:

Latest posts

Latest posts