What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

OG KUSH (SFV Cut)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trigger said:
OGST =

Do you think you'll grow a cut out and try to self it?

I don't have the real cut, only the S1.

Ogra -

I got OG kush S1 seeds from seedsdirect quite a while ago. Planted 4 and this one was the best.

Kind of a weird strain...I've grown it out twice and a few friends have grown it out. It's very good if grown well, extremely resinous and potent...but the smell is not very kushy at all. Smells more lemon diesely but not nearly as strong smelling as the SFV.
Kinda weird, during flower the stems and weed smelled absolutely heavenly. I was sure my S1 was going to be top notch, but it's not quite as good as I wanted it to be so I don't think I'm going to grow it again.

This Bubba just blows it away ---> :dueling:

ograskal

Veteran
Ogstradamus said:

Damn Bro, That Bubba Looks Beautiful.... ANother Great strain well worthy of all the Hype....Looks like it was grown to perfection. I also have around 5 bubbas in flowering Myself!!!!! Cant wait till there done!! They may have used the Abusive " Original" cut to make those S1's....She does look real pretty as well!!~ograskal

MrDank

Veteran
Beautiful plants Ograskal! And nice report,

Yes, Abusive is still around here. He don't post much anymore, but trust me, he's probably lurking around here somewhere.

Maybe I can clear up some of this confusion. Abusive is a good bro of mine and I was the first and probably one of the very few to directly get this cut from Abusive.
I asked him about the whereabouts of his OGK came from and he told me that he scored the original clone from a friend who used to live in the SFV and that his friend moved to his location many miles away and brought the original from the SFV. He said this also happened a few years before the huge Kush rage that has occured the past few years.

I have smoked a lot of this specimen and this indeed is a powerful plant. I have also smoked a lot of the other version, which is also known as the "OGers Kush" and also as Ograskal calls it, the "SFV OG Kush."

The "SFV" version, or the "OGers" version is more of a lemony, dieselly plant with Kush undertones. "Abusives" version has a real thick Kush flavor and smell. It also has a closer resemblence to Bubba Kush in terms of smell, flavor, and "kushyness."

Either way, Ograskal has both versions, and has done great justice to both plants. Good work my friend!

Abusive

Hello all I just wanted to clear things up. Mr. Dank has the info correct and she is the orginal. I swear to that. Many have tried her and know the taste of the orginal and what she looks like and smells like when grown. This is a kush. Sounds like the sfv is some cross of mine with another. With a piney taste. Anyhow when I have some in flower I will post more orginal OG Kush pictures. This sfv cut BAH. Nothing like the real deal. Peace and respect to all. Abusive...

G

ograskal- great job! this thread has been a damn good read too. its made me realize i cant just ask around for og kush, i need to be specific. i think i know which one i want though. :yummy:

ograskal

Veteran
Hey Mr. Dank and Abusive!!! :wave: How you guys Been.....Nice to see some of the old heads around hear again!!! Hope you guys are doing well!!!
And yes, I've always heard through the Online Boards that the Abusive cut was suppose to be the real deal Original OGK......Thats why i had to have it.......But I've Been Smokin OGK For years now hear in Cali, Even before all this Hype and the OGK has always had that Piney , Lemoney smell to her......The Lemon Pinesol KUsh, Is the OGK that everyone has been Paying Top dollar for here in Cali for years Now.....And if you noticed....The Abusive cut also has that Lemoney Piney smell to her while She's flowering as well, She just loses it after the Dry and Cure!!!!

So Abusive, Are you still Running that S1 you were running along time ago??? I heard she was pretty good.....I think Mr. Dank May have told me that he liked it more than Your "Original Cut" Or I may be wrong!!! Was that an S1 from your "Original Cut"?????

Thanks guys for stopping by and Clearing things Up.....And Abusive beleive me, Once you try this SFV cut you will be Amazed......Have you tried her yet????? Peace.~ograskal

Last edited:

Abusive

Hello, the s1 one killed off long ago. She was a much SHORTER plant as we talked in the past. I do remember telling you these things! She lived up to nothing like the original, but wanted to run her and see what she was like. She def had more of the pine lemony taste you talk about and was much more easier control in height and in the amount of nutes it took. The original drink's like a hog and can take the MOST abusive situations and turn out great. I don't know how you cure my friend, but my kush holds that flavor forever. The s1 did not. The original if not toped or flowered short will stretch mad. The s1 never did and stayed short. I don’t have your pm’s but your bragged and bragged about her for awhile. The best you had in one of your email you sent. Please don’t bash if you found something you like better. The original was passed around even before the s1 seeds. I just wish overgrow was back. We could clear things up in a FLASH. Anyone who has tried her has always said the same my friend, “the best I ever had.”

I have not tried the sfv and would love to in the future to see this huge change in your attitude it must be something special, but I still believe it is some cross. I think if you try both at the same time you will once again come to the original side again. Peace Abusive…

ograskal

Veteran
Abusive said:
Hello, the s1 one killed off long ago. She was a much SHORTER plant as we talked in the past. I do remember telling you these things! She lived up to nothing like the original, but wanted to run her and see what she was like. She def had more of the pine lemony taste you talk about and was much more easier control in height and in the amount of nutes it took. The original drink's like a hog and can take the MOST abusive situations and turn out great. I don't know how you cure my friend, but my kush holds that flavor forever. The s1 did not. The original if not toped or flowered short will stretch mad. The s1 never did and stayed short. I don’t have your pm’s but your bragged and bragged about her for awhile. The best you had in one of your email you sent. Please don’t bash if you found something you like better. The original was passed around even before the s1 seeds. I just wish overgrow was back. We could clear things up in a FLASH. Anyone who has tried her has always said the same my friend, “the best I ever had.”
I have not tried the sfv and would love to in the future to see this huge change in your attitude it must be something special, but I still believe it is some cross. I think if you try both at the same time you will once again come to the original side again. Peace Abusive…

Hey Abusive I'm not Bashing your "Original cut''' Where do you guy get off saying that from....All i said was that i prefered the SFV cut over yours and I'm just telling it like it is...And thats just my OPinion so please dont get offended......I have nothing But praise for The Abusive cut Accept that SHe doesnt retain the Lemoney Piney smell once cured....I beleive even Smokey and a few others have also Noticed that..I guess we all dont know how to dry and cure....SHe does retain her own flavor though, but its not the Lemoney Pinesol flavor that the OGK Here in Cali is Known to have...Remember I was Born and raised here in Cali and I've been smokin OG for sometime before I even Registered on Overgrow... The Only thing you Know About OGK is the cut that your Homie gave to you and what he tells you about it, But you never Picked up a bag here in the streets of CALI.... And if you did , you would know that All of the OGK smells like Dank ass Lemon Pinesol...Dont get me wrong I love your Abusive cut And she is definately one of my favorites as well as I've said over and Over again..So i dont know why you think I'm bashing her..Can you please explain...Just cuz i found something I prefer better doesnt mean I'm bashing her...Just means I'm Being Honest.....

And for the record It wasnt me that said i prefered the S1 over your Original but i beleive it was Mr. Dank.....He told me that he was going to send me the S1 because it smelled and tasted alot better but he never got around to sending her to me.. And Beleive me, Yes, I really do wish Overgrow was still up and runnin .. Just dont understand why you would get upset if i found an OGK cut that i slightly preferd over yours
:confused:

Abusive

I was just offended that you would doubt the validly of my claim that is all. The cut was giving to my “homie” by snoop dog himself the man with the ganster kush you know the sh!t you hear on his music. This you can ask mr. dank. I was not going to bring it up, but hell let’s clear it ALL up. Plus let me add everyone grows different here so the taste will have a range. I really prefer her in hydro over soil the lemon lime taste is FABLOUS. Peace Abusive…

jaykush

dirty black hands
ICMag Donor
Veteran
just to add something, personal body chemistry goes higher over any strain. some strains dont cut it for some when others it just blows away. but like ograskal said get some dank ass og from the streets of LA back 3-4 years ago. straight up lemony pinesol kush, potency to knock ur socks off.

ograskal

Veteran
Abusive said:
I was just offended that you would doubt the validly of my claim that is all. The cut was giving to my “homie” by snoop dog himself the man with the ganster kush you know the sh!t you hear on his music. This you can ask mr. dank. I was not going to bring it up, but hell let’s clear it ALL up. Plus let me add everyone grows different here so the taste will have a range. I really prefer her in hydro over soil the lemon lime taste is FABLOUS. Peace Abusive…
Yes, I know who Snoop DOg is, He's from The LOng Beach Rolling 20's crip gang 21st street...Or so he says..I used to live right by him...He's not from the SFV , thats for sure, And i doubt he even knows how to grow...A man like him would never have time to grow good weed...So this is who you got your "Original" cut from, I remember when Buster ass Snoop stopped Smokin herb and than started Bashing our Herb on Public TV....What a buster ass Studio Gangster... I think maybe now We Should start Calling the Abusive cut the SNoop DOg cut.....Wow, this is some good info on this thread....Thanks Abusive... Please no hard feelingz bro.....And i dont recall ever doubting your validitity.....Please post here on Icmag more Often... I miss those Kiler Pics!!
I'm so ripped off the ECSD right now....First high of the day and She's still going strong after 40 minutes....Woohooo ~ograskal

Last edited:
G

I am glad to see you stop by abusive...Been hearing alot about your OGK cut...Thanks for chiming in and clearing things up..

G

Mo's a idiot .. pay me no mind.

Enjoy your OGK guys.

Mo,

Last edited:
Abusive said:

hey man thats awesome i used to have that same cut. me and the dude from calikushed seeds used to serve snoop up. and i still help coach the rowland raiders with him. tell the homie "your buddie from cali kushed" the big dawg said whats good. that cut is from up north. and it is very good. i have other phenos as well. ogk seeds real deal from the same up north old head.
where you in cali when you aquired this cut. candy kush is the connoisseurs kush smokers choice though. kills bubba and og.

Last edited:

ograskal

Veteran
said:
Well it doesnt really matter which OGK is the real deal or not... I have Both and I slightly like the SFV cut better but they are Both good...Thats all I've been trying to say....Its not my fault if somebody doesnt agree with my Opinion...I started this thread to give you guys all My personal Opinion on this OGK SFV Cut.....I grew Both Versions out a few times so i wanted to give you guys my take on Both and some peeps got Offended because I liked the SFV Cut better.....Should I have lied and said I prefered the Abusive cut instead?????? I dont think so...I could really care less which Cut is the Original or Which is a Cross or Whatever....All I care about is which Smoke I like better cuz I'm the one thats going to be smokin it and I prefer the SFV...I'm Sorry.....and I've spoke on that already!!!!! :moon:

Last edited:
hey man i know what you mean. im not bashing you dude. i like your growing skills. hell if i sampled that sfv cut maybe id convert though ive never tried it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts