What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Please help identify this bug?

So I have been fighting russett mites for a little while now, and during my retinue check of things I found this little guy.

At first I thought its a broad mite, but it's lacking the football shaped body. Its also microscopic, it is BARLEY visible with the naked eye. I found it with my scope first and then I trained my eye to see it too, its very very small, but bigger than a russett. it seems to definitely have more than 4 legs. I'm hoping its a good guy, but I'm doubtful because it looked like it was eating, and I had to nudge it with the tip of a scalpel with my scope and then it walked off and sat at a new spot.

Thanks for any help!

2019-03-05-17-04-26.png
2019-03-05-16-58-40.png
ic

T

Teddybrae

If I came across that in my garden I would call it a sap sucker (of some sort) and I would kill it.