What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Lead in oil cartriges story

Tudo

Troublemaker
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Brand new to this new thing and just ( today ) got some great cartriges from santa claus and then read this article in high times about them all being made in china and all apparently are suspected to contain lead and other heavy metals that can also leech into the product?

Being a heart patient this freaks me out and until I can get some information that would counter that "news", I'm back to some of northern California's finest.

What say you about this news of contamination? Wife just told me that I get bad shit from smoking in my glass pipe using a screen.

Hey, I'll be 64 in a few days eeek

:dance013:

geneva_sativa

I don't like the dangers from most of these fancy new methods,,, and they they make a lot more crap for a landfill or ocean

Mr. Greengenes

Re-incarnated Senior Member
ICMag Donor
Veteran
There are a few electronic devices that can be used to smoke straight rosin pressed from flower(no solvents). I have a PAX3, but it's a tad expensive. I was in NYC last week and my friends had one of those devices, I didn't get the brand name then, but I can inquire if you're interested? The one we used worked well. We were able to fill it once and toke on it the whole night. Was about the same size as a cart pen. I'm an old geezer myself, but I'm sure there's youngun's on here who know more about these products.

armedoldhippy

Veteran
Brand new to this new thing and just ( today ) got some great cartriges from santa claus and then read this article in high times about them all being made in china and all apparently are suspected to contain lead and other heavy metals that can also leech into the product?

Being a heart patient this freaks me out and until I can get some information that would counter that "news", I'm back to some of northern California's finest.

What say you about this news of contamination? Wife just told me that I get bad shit from smoking in my glass pipe using a screen.

Hey, I'll be 64 in a few days eeek

:dance013:

you probably ARE getting some toxins from brass screens in pipes, but...the amounts are probably like what they used to warn folks over about mercury contamination in fish- damn small. a local river is mercury polluted, and marked as such. used to be posted and keeping fish was verboten. then, some bright boy figured out that you would have to eat twenty pounds or so of the fish EVERY WEEK for years on end to get enough to maybe worry about. now they just warn women that are or may become pregnant about the dangers...i have seen stainless screens, but it is hard to bend them to fit contours of pipe.

robotwithdreams

Veteran
There are a few electronic devices that can be used to smoke straight rosin pressed from flower(no solvents). I have a PAX3, but it's a tad expensive. I was in NYC last week and my friends had one of those devices, I didn't get the brand name then, but I can inquire if you're interested? The one we used worked well. We were able to fill it once and toke on it the whole night. Was about the same size as a cart pen. I'm an old geezer myself, but I'm sure there's youngun's on here who know more about these products.

Are you able to vape rosin in your pax?

EsterEssence

Veteran
Those new throw away pens scare the hell out of me, who knows what metals are used. Then the battery's are just discarded to slowly pollute the planet, all for a few puffs of who knows what mixed with a small amount of some sort of cannabis oil. I bought a stainless steel water container from china and a magnet stuck to it, a magnet will not stick to high quality stainless.
Hey Tudo I am a heart patient as well although my angeogram was clear I still have high BP, and I'll be 65 in a few days...