What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Strains that ‘encourage’ stretching/yoga-

White Beard

Hey y’all - I have been digging around, like ya do, but I’m not really finding many clues on this. Because the pot we get down here rarely comes with a name, I haven’t even been able to say whether I’m looking for sativa or indica.

Every now and then, I get a bag, and I smoke a bowl, and my body starts to unwind, and my energy starts flowing better. Usually the first thing I do after that first bowl is to stretch nice and long and my physical focus is complete.

This body-centering effect is not lethargic, moves easily, acts effectively, very clear-headed, mindful.

I have heard of Satori, and I like their description...but I know pretty much everybody here has smoked better weed than me and a lot of it, and y’all know all the names, so can you unpack this a bit for me?

What am I looking for?

Last edited:

positivity

Veteran
for me it is just about getting the buzz right. Not too much, not too little..just right. Some strains is one hit some is a half joint
smoking the same strain everyday, half joint. new variety...half a hit
For me outdoor weed helps...like you got slapped by sunshine..instant body relax. But, some indoor has done me right

White Beard

Yeah I find that ‘attaining a level’ is important, and different strains/bags have their own idea of what that level will bring, it seems.

Breadwizard

Feel good and "spiritual" strains, perhaps look towards Nepal? It has had historical spiritual use up there in mountain monasteries.

Perhaps NepJam by Ace, or another Nepali-heavy hybrid could be in order.

wutwut

Veteran
i like blue dream and 8 ball kush for streching no pain just only that comfort feeling in muscles

i think eating will give you more of intense and focus.

DrDee

is camel toe taken yet? Don't think the miss would appreciate that..haha

Camel toe...that would be a diploid, right? :)

I'm an old guy and may respond differently because of that...but I really find CBD loosens my joints giving me greater range of motion. So maybe something like Harlequin.
JD

Emperortaima

Namekian resident/farmer
Cerebral smoke/vape and mentality to want to do so or else you might as well just do something else lol I like to smoke before I workout personally and I don't really have a preference just have to get my lazy ass up

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
like positivity said, its often getting just that right dose
its extra hard when you dont know what to expect from bag to bag
/this is where it really helps being able to grow your own

cbd is a good anti inflammatory and could help with joint movement
one thing that worked for us was to make an extract from weed and then mix that into coconut oil
rub that onto the parts that are bothering you and you are good to go in no time
if you are just looking for something that will loosen you up a little bit this might work for you
the high is pretty minimal because you are applying it to your skin but it does help relieve joint pain and stiffness

Satyros

I do not believe weed mixes with martial arts. I have loved them both for around 35 years, but the weed comes after the workout.

They say T'ai Chi is a martial art, which is difficult for me to understand, but if you mean a type of soft training like that, it might be ok. Nepal is a good background for such weed definitely, or India. I would say browsing Ace and Mandala, you'll get a pretty fair and accurate description of what their plants are like. Most of them are not complicated hybrids, and suited for outdoor growing. Nemesis from Seedsman and Kiss Dragon from...I can't remember right now...are also similar. Samsara I think is the breeder there. Those last two are part indica, but not enough to make it a heavy lethargic stone, still functional. If growing indoors, those hybrids will probably work better, or particularly Nemesis. Kiss Dragon is a stretcher like most sativas. Nemesis is indica-type growth that still has a good bit of sativa-ness in the flower. Himalayan Gold is one of the oldest strains like this, and, to me at least, the closest one to bliss in a bag.

The only ones I personally know from those first companies are Ace--Orient Express and Mandala--Krystalica and White Bhutanese, which all seem like minor variations on each other. The OE seemed uplifting but centered, whereas White Bhutanese is more like uplifting and evenly distributed, neither one having much body effect. Krystalica is uplifting but relaxing. Again, not a drowsy sleepy stone, but almost literally a muscle relaxer. Usually when I try to smoke it, after about three hits, my hands just quit moving the bowl around. I'm not punched in the face paralyzed, I just lose interest in motion. To someone else, it may seem good for stretching or T'ai Chi, so all I can say is the buzz seems a little different than those others.

In other words, if I wanted to keep moving, it would be OE or White Bhutanese, precisely because they don't do much to the body. The others, although they are not couch lockers, make me prefer to be still. It's conceivable that others may find that kind of thing suitable for activity, especially if the category of non-lethargic body stone means something to you in that context.

Depending on how you can do it, I'd suggest trying two or more different kinds instead of just one. Fortunately, those companies mentioned are not full of hype; if a description sounds good, chances are that's what you'll get from the plant, even if no one else has any report on it.

White Beard

These are all part of how I came to be here. I have *always* been a “heavy” user, at least in the eyes of those who don’t use. When I started, I needed very little and it was kinda like tripping. (I should still have maybe 1000 bagseed collected over the late 70s-late 90s). I had a moment of clarity a couple months ago, that I was just someone who was always going to need/want more cannabis than I can afford. Not long after that, I had a another one: if our nation and our way of life collapses, I’m NOT going to end up with no weed, just because of the end of the world...so I bought seeds.

A few weeks ago I had another: instead of boning up on current grow for the post-apocalyptic, I should STOP WAITING. I should find a place, move there, and start growing. The next day, I heard about a place

So: Nepali. Seems to me that cannabis has been used in a sacred, healing or shamanic way wherever it’s been used, I certainly use it in that way, so I’d think that India would grow fine herb of this sort, too...Morocco? Hawaii? I ain’t afraid o’ no landraces....

UPDATE: I have been spending time at ACE, and Mandala. I’m drawn to Satori, Mandala #1, and hashberry, and I have money set aside for when their store reopens. I’ve been spending time at Real Seed, they look very interesting.

Last edited:

Satyros

I hear you. Not that much different from me.

One of the things about some straight Indian landraces is you get a five foot plant with five grams on top. No big deal if you can scatter hundreds of plants all over the place, but not very enticing to most growers. And the thing about Hawaiian, isn't. No native cannabis there or Alaska; and most Colombian was probably transported there in the early 1900s. A lot of people believe that Jamaican and some of the African weed was transported from India.

Something that was slightly wonky about Mandala is they cut off crypto currency, and when trying to order that way, there was no response. But an email a week later got it going and using their preferred method was fine. Real Seed usually has a good reputation on here but I have not tried them. Wish I could do a big garden and walk around saying there's the Indian, there's the Nepali, there's the one from Arcturus...sadly not feasible.

The kinds you mentioned all have some good reports to them. Yeah, buying it is kind of going backwards, especially since it is super easy to grow and, if you're interested in something like Satori, that would be about the only way to get it.

White Beard

While I would *love* to have plants dotting the landscape, I don’t see it happening. As for Hawai’ian, I was wondering as to effects. there may be no native landrace, but it’s a WEED, it acclimates itself to wherever it is. Having spent time on Maui, I have no doubt that herb grown there could be unbelievably good.

As for Bitcoin, I have none, and doubt I will have until it serves a purpose beyond untraceability, so wouldn’t see that as wonky, ‘specially after so many lost so much with it.

I do have a stash of ‘modern’ seed, with cookies and wrecks and such, but I have a parallel interest in the deep nature of the plant, and that leads me toward the wild side...and I am only an egg

positivity

Veteran
Herb In Hawaii is good of course.
I've been getting lots of feedback on Oregon and Cali weed. People have been really happy with the stuff from Oregon
And there lies the beauty of weed. Every locale leaves a special imprint on it.
I'm waiting for Starbucks to just include a matching bud with each coffee. That's the commercial stash I'm waiting on.

Straight from Starbucks to yoga. Makes sense.

I want the Kenyan, Guatemalan, etc. grown there too...not in a lab by a bunch of coats with a God complex

Last edited:

Mengsk

They all work. There may be two cannabinoid receptors so 1-2 strains is enough imo. Having more is nice but not necessary.

White Beard

Agreed, with caveats. If and when my personal experience is broad enough to claim favorites, I’ll be happy to do so.

At the same time, I’m part of a community, a lot of us are aging, some are always dying, it seems. If I had medicine for them many of my dearest would still be here (maybe), so I expect some kind of selection will be available, but I’m not trying to go “into business”.